💰 The Official NIL thread 💰

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

😂😂😂😂

Have you seen the he/she, she/he who want to win a medal at the Olympics so they can burn the US flag on the podium? New Zealand has a man/she competing in weight lifting. 

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Have you seen the he/she, she/he who want to win a medal at the Olympics so they can burn the US flag on the podium? New Zealand has a man/she competing in weight lifting. 

Posted in the Olympics Forum.....lol

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I can see Universities paying players, but now charging them to attend class and getting a degree.  

They won't, because then they would lose their star players.  What this will do is create a larger disparity among the star student athletes, and those that are bench warmers.  That already happened in the past, but the NCAA could sanction the schools for doing so.  Now, they can make money off their name, image, or likeness.  I do wonder how it will effect sales of jerseys if a school only uses the number of a player, because anyone that wore the number could make a claim for payment.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

They won't, because then they would lose their star players.  What this will do is create a larger disparity among the star student athletes, and those that are bench warmers.  That already happened in the past, but the NCAA could sanction the schools for doing so.  Now, they can make money off their name, image, or likeness.  I do wonder how it will effect sales of jerseys if a school only uses the number of a player, because anyone that wore the number could make a claim for payment.  

Now schools can actually sell jerseys with names on them instead of you just buying a jersey with no name that just happens to have the most popular player’s number on it for that season. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Now schools can actually sell jerseys with names on them instead of you just buying a jersey with no name that just happens to have the most popular player’s number on it for that season. 

I'm for that.  I have three throwback jerseys or Roger Staubach's Navy jersey, Eric Dickerson's SMU jersey, and Tony Dorsett's Pitt jersey.  If they have a current player that is a star then let the athlete also share in the royalties.  

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

This will really hurt A&M in terms of jerseys. They have always just sold #12 jerseys and a few #2 after JF heisman. I actually do not like the thought of changing that tradition honestly. 

In my opinion with the #12 jersey with A&M it stands for any fan, and they will still sell.  I doubt if anyone has bought a #2 jersey in the past 5 years.  I didn't have a problem with him selling his autograph, and now any player can sell it.  

On 6/22/2021 at 7:08 PM, BlahBlah said:

I can see Universities paying players, but now charging them to attend class and getting a degree.  

Hand them a W-2 for what their tuition, books, meal plan, etc..  is worth.  Some universities that’ll be $80-100k

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

This will really hurt A&M in terms of jerseys. They have always just sold #12 jerseys and a few #2 after JF heisman. I actually do not like the thought of changing that tradition honestly. 

Let’s not talk about aTm and tradition. Seems it’s not as big a deal as it was once claimed to be.  

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Best tradition they ever broke was leaving.

That’s what I mean.  The team you  measure yourself against in every aspect of your existence you walked away from the rivalry.  Breaking a tradition that big means tradition isn’t that important to you.  Do you saw Smokey’s tail off?  Or what about Mike’s tail?  No, you practice midnight yells about Texas.  Tradition?  Lol….  Funny

48 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

That’s what I mean.  The team you  measure yourself against in every aspect of your existence you walked away from the rivalry.  Breaking a tradition that big means tradition isn’t that important to you.  Do you saw Smokey’s tail off?  Or what about Mike’s tail?  No, you practice midnight yells about Texas.  Tradition?  Lol….  Funny

Troll away young man. I'm sure someone will bite. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Troll away young man. I'm sure someone will bite. 

So you disagree about the measuring stick comment?  Or the one about sawing Mike’s tail off?

young man?  I’m prolly older than you if I had to guess

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Like I said best thing that could have happened. Win win situation. Sometimes you gotta let go and relax.

Then why are the Aggies still selling upside down Bevo stickers with horns sawed off?  Orr actively sawing them off in football games?  

Umlang tweeted that in the last 80 years in the three major sports (football, baseball, basketball) UT has been ranked in the top 4 to finish the season or in the CWS semifinals 46 times, while Texas A&M has earned that same distinction 1 time in the last 80 years.

There is zero comparison. 

• Like 1

• Sportsfanatic1 changed the title to Another proof NIL is out of hand..