2021 Bowl Season

Not much offense so far in this season's bowl games, except for maybe the Houston Cougars......and even their output was low for them.  Those Maryland Terrapins absolutely dismantled Va. Tech earlier today........they looked very physical and strong. They ended up scoring 54 pts.

Houston has now won 12 games or more 3 times in the past decade.......a very impressive stat. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That last play kind of sums up Purdy’s entire career….looking good in gaining the first down and then fumbling it back behind the the line to gain, which he’d already gotten before fumbling.

He’s always reminded me of Romo. 85% of the time he’s really great, and then the 4th quarter arrives and he pisses himself. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

18 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Not much offense so far in this season's bowl games, except for maybe the Houston Cougars......and even their output was low for them.  Those Maryland Terrapins absolutely dismantled Va. Tech earlier today........they looked very physical and strong. They ended up scoring 54 pts.

Houston has now won 12 games or more 3 times in the past decade.......a very impressive stat. 

I am a proud parent of a UH student and extended family member of the Cougars.

wish they could have beat Cinci

• Thanks 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:55 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

This joke has been made before. 

But yeah, 10+ opt outs for teams like auburn tells you all you need to know- the players DONT care. 

Looking at attendance for some games, apparently the fans don’t either. How long are corporate sponsors going to keep spending millions to have partially filled stadiums watching walk-ons compete while the TV audience turns to reruns of Family Feud? BTW Steve Harvey is hilarious. 

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Looking at attendance for some games, apparently the fans don’t either. How long are corporate sponsors going to keep spending millions to have partially filled stadiums watching walk-ons compete while the TV audience turns to reruns of Family Feud? BTW Steve Harvey is hilarious. 

The bowl game tv numbers are still stupid high compared to other things.

I have no idea who to root for in the Cotton Bowl. 

Rooting for Alabama is like rooting for Emperor Palpatine against Luke Skywalker, but at the same time I don’t Cinci to win because I don’t want to listen to every little sister of the poor whine about how they should have had a shot too. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Rooting for Alabama is like rooting for Emperor Palpatine against Luke Skywalker, but at the same time I don’t Cinci to win because I don’t want to listen to every little sister of the poor whine about how they should have had a shot too. 

Yes, every team believing they have a real shot is horrible for the sport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

It’s for this reason, I’m hoping Cincy loses by 4 TDs

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m about the biggest BAMA fan in Texas, but I’m not at all excited at the prospect of playing UGA again. 

I think Georgia is the better team. Not saying Bama can’t beat them again but I agree with you that I wouldn’t be excited about seeing them again.