2021 Bowl Season

There was a writer/humorist who was a Big Time backer of the Ga Bulldogs, Lewis Grizzard.  He died at 47 in 1994.  Used to read his syndicated column in the Beaumont Enterprise, and read one or two of his books.
Hope he got to see this from his heavenly perch.

I’m glad UGA got over the Alabama hump and in the biggest game.

Good for them, a 41 year streak broken from their last national championship and a ton of talent on that team. UGA obviously has a very bright future as does Kirby Smart and doing it at his alma mater. 
Now Georgia just needs to quite losing the SEC championship game in their backyard in Atlanta.

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

There was a writer/humorist who was a Big Time backer of the Ga Bulldogs, Lewis Grizzard.  He died at 47 in 1994.  Used to read his syndicated column in the Beaumont Enterprise, and read one or two of his books.
Hope he got to see this from his heavenly perch.

“That dog would bite you!”

Lewis was a funny son of a gun! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • LOL! 1

Sometimes games are won or lost because of a single play/event that turns the Mojo around.  With that in mind, a quick question for y’all.  The questionable fumble call where the Refs gave the ball to the Tide, following a similar call early in the game which also went Alabama’s way.  I thought it would break Georgia but it appears it just urinated them off.  After that call the Dawgs seem to kick it up a notch.  Anyone else think that?

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Sometimes games are won or lost because of a single play/event that turns the Mojo around.  With that in mind, a quick question for y’all.  The questionable fumble call where the Refs gave the ball to the Tide, following a similar call early in the game which also went Alabama’s way.  I thought it would break Georgia but it appears it just urinated them off.  After that call the Dawgs seem to kick it up a notch.  Anyone else think that?

I thought Bama missing their 2 best receivers was the difference. Young had nowhere to go with the ball on many pass attempts. I think it’s a different game with those guys in the game

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I thought Bama missing their 2 best receivers was the difference. Young had nowhere to go with the ball on many pass attempts. I think it’s a different game with those guys in the game

As I posted above, the Ala QB impressed me.  He’s the real deal.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Yes, that was a key play ... and I thought the Refs got it wrong, he was throwing the ball and was being tackled. It wasn't pretty,  but I thought it clearly was a pass not a fumble.  Georgia showed great heart in making Alabama kick all those field goals ....

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’ll go ahead and congratulate Alabama on winning the 2022 season NC. 

Georgia saved us from a 3 peat at least.

I don’t know if I would go that far. They are the favorite for sure but Alabama hasn’t won 3 consecutive SEC titles the whole time Saban has been there I don’t think and he’s already at 2 in a row now. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t know if I would go that far. They are the favorite for sure but Alabama hasn’t won 3 consecutive SEC titles the whole time Saban has been there I don’t think and he’s already at 2 in a row now. 

2014, 2015, 2016 SEC Champs. National championship in 2015 season. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

2014, 2015, 2016 SEC Champs. National championship in 2015 season. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

You don’t have to win the SEC to win the NC.

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You don’t have to win the SEC to win the NC.

Agreed. Just saying in the current 4 team format it’s difficult. You need lots of help with the right teams losing at the right time to get in the final 4 if you lose the conference title game or do not make it out of the west.