Jump to content

2021 Bowl Season


Sportsfanatic1
 Share

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think Georgia is the better team. Not saying Bama can’t beat them again but I agree with you that I wouldn’t be excited about seeing them again. 

Georgia isn’t starting a QB good enough to beat Alabama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Don’t worry. They will piss down their leg again against Saban.

I’m concerned about how beat up we are. Losing Metchie was huge, and we’ll likely be reshuffling the O-line again because we had two injuries there today. Also starting a true freshman and a juco transfer at corner. Combine all of that with the injuries at RB, we’re fortunate to even make it to a bowl game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Yes, every team believing they have a real shot is horrible for the sport. 

Looking at the two semifinal games, the argument could be made that Cincy belonged in the playoff more than Michigan did. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think Georgia is the better team. Not saying Bama can’t beat them again but I agree with you that I wouldn’t be excited about seeing them again. 

Probably true but there's no doubt who the best HC is. I was there and if Young doesn't play better than he did yesterday Georgia should win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Probably true but there's no doubt who the best HC is. I was there and if Young doesn't play better than he did yesterday Georgia should win.

Cinci has a better secondary than Georgia. Young will be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Cinci has a better secondary than Georgia. Young will be fine.

Georgia has a better rush and it's not even close. Several throws were off target yesterday and Bama was lucky they weren't picked. Besides the one that was picked there was several of us that counted 3 more that could have been.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Looking at the two semifinal games, the argument could be made that Cincy belonged in the playoff more than Michigan did. 

Thing is, both belonged. Just because a team gets beat in the first round doesn't mean they didn't belong being there. That, however, is the stance many people seem to take. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well......looks like Okie State got 2 TD's nullified and still beat those Golden Domers in the end.  Seems like OSU always starts out slow, then comes on strong in the 2nd halfs.  Good game and good season for OSU(12-2) this year.......they looked good for the Big 12 Representative on the national stage in prime time today. They lost to Iowa State and Baylor in the Big 12 Conference Championship game.

Now we need Baylor(11-2) to win tonight against Ole Miss(10-2) in tonight's Sugar Bowl in New Orleans to uphold the Big 12 in Bowl season this year.  If they can win tonight, then it will have been a successful run for the Big 12 schools in bowl games this season.

SMU(8-4) had a great season too, but their Wasabi Fenway Bowl game against Virginia(6-6) was cancelled, unfortunately.  UTSA(12-2) and North Texas(6-7) also went bowling this season, but both lost.       UH had a fantastic season and won their BIG Bowl game against a good Auburn team......they won 12 games this season. Their only losses were to Texas Tech the first game of the season 38-21, and then to Cinncinati 35-20 in the American League Championship game in the final game of the season before their 17-13 win over Auburn in the Birmingham Bowl......which was playing in their opponent's back yard filled with Alabama fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texas Tech did end their season on a high note with a 34-7 dominating win over Mississippi State(7-6) in the Liberty Bowl, but they went  (7-6) on the season with losses to Texas, TCU, KState, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Baylor. It was Tech's first Bowl win since 2013.

Oklahoma(11-2) defeated Oregon(10-4) in an offensive game 47-32 in the Alamo Bowl. The Sooners only losses came against Baylor and Okie State, both late in the schedule this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely love watching the Rose Bowl.  It's the one Bowl Game I'll make sure not to miss every year.  Just everything about it from the scenery, the matchup, sun setting towards the end, ect.  Glad it's back after not having it last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Utah(10-3) win this game against Ohio State(10-2).  Utah already has a 14-0 lead in the first qtr, and has the team that could keep putting points on the board the rest of the way.  Not sure about their D, but they did make it to the Rose Bowl......so it must be pretty impressive.  They have a #11 Ranking.....Ohio State is ranked at #6 finishing the season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Texas Tech did end their season on a high note with a 34-7 dominating win over Mississippi State in the Liberty Bowl, but they went 7-6 on the season with losses to Texas, TCU, KState, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Baylor. 

Oklahoma(11-2) defeated Oregon(10-4) in an offensive game 47-32 in the Alamo Bowl. The Sooners only losses came against Baylor and Okie State, both late in the schedule this season.

West Virginia(6-7) ended up 6th in the Big 12 this season, so it was no surprise that they lost their Guarantee Rate Bowl game to a very physical Minnesota Golden Gophers(9-4) team 18-6.  

Iowa State(7-6) also lost this year in the Cheez-It Bowl 20-13 to Clemson(10-3).  They had a disappointing season with close losses thruout the year, and nothing changed in their bowl game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2021 at 3:52 PM, Lobo97 said:

Yes, every team believing they have a real shot is horrible for the sport. 

It was sarcasm, guys......he said it tongue in cheek.  So what's all the thumbs ups???  Don't worry Lobo 97.....I understood right away.  You mean it's good for the games that teams THINK they can win.....and I agree.  It's good for the sport, and good for parity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2021 at 9:53 PM, trueblue82 said:

I’m concerned about how beat up we are. Losing Metchie was huge, and we’ll likely be reshuffling the O-line again because we had two injuries there today. Also starting a true freshman and a juco transfer at corner. Combine all of that with the injuries at RB, we’re fortunate to even make it to a bowl game. 

# 6 for Cin. is from Howard. Projected to go in the first round. Depends on how you get coached.

I'm not being ugly but, for you to say your the biggest "fan" from Texas is a horrible major stretch. I met 2 dudes from Houston that graduated from Bama that could tell you about EVERY player on the team with stars. They even think the QB from Tenn. will beat young out next year.

Amazing the alum. Bama has in Texas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

# 1 for Cin. is from Howard. Projected to go in the first round. Depends on how you get coached.

I'm not being ugly but, for you to say your the biggest "fan" from Texas is a horrible major stretch. I met 2 dudes from Houston that graduated from Bama that could tell you about EVERY player on the team with stars. They even think the QB from Tenn. will beat young out next year.

Amazing the alum. Bama has in Texas.

Texas is where everyone’s alum come to make a life. There’s only about 3 states in the entire county worth living in anymore. Coming from Alabama to Texas is like moving from the trailer park to the country club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Texas is where everyone’s alum come to make a life. There’s only about 3 states in the entire county worth living in anymore. Coming from Alabama to Texas is like moving from the trailer park to the country club. 

So true. Said they grew up in Memphis and Huntsville Alabama. Surprising, I thought I knew Bama football but these dudes were in a league of their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

#18 at receiver for Baylor is Sr. Drew Estrada from Argyle.  He transferred from Darmouth for his Sr. season after having 3 active seasons there with some impressive play.  #17 QB CJ Rogers from Argyle is a freshman, and so is #23 RB Jordan Jenkins from Lindale.  At least they made it to the Sugar Bowl in their freshman season, Huh?  Maybe they'll get a ring......or whatever the players get from Baylor if they win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...