2021 Bowl Season

Sounded to me like there were quite a few more fans at the game rooting for Ole Miss than Baylor in this one.  It was in New Orleans, so I thought Baylor might have just as many fans, but I guess Ole Miss had an easy majority.

It's a Happy New Year in Waco, Texas tonight, for sure. :D 

And BTW......HC Mike Gundy for Okie State got a bigtime haircut before this bowl game.  I almost did not recognize him, LOL.  I wonder if he got superstitious???  He did lose the Big 12 Championship game to Baylor with that long hairdo.  Congrats to Okie State on their big win against Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.

Another interesting stat: starting with the 2008 season, Alabama has lost a grand total of 5 home games. 2010 Auburn (national champion with Heisman QB), 2011 LSU (BAMA won the rematch for the national championship), 2012 Texas A&M (Heisman QB) 2015 Ole Miss (this game is widely looked at as the beginning of Saban’s transformation from smash-mouth football to the spread), and 2019 LSU (national champion with Heisman QB). It takes something special to win in Tuscaloosa. Also, since 2008, 4 Heisman winners (Tim Tebow, Cam Newton, Johnny Manzeil, Joe Burrow) have had their “Heisman moment” vs BAMA. 4 of the other years a BAMA player won it. So 8 out of 13 years one team has had a direct bearing on who won college football’s most prestigious individual award. That’s impressive. 

• Like 1

No kind of stat regarding Saban surprises me anymore. He’s the Wooden of football. What he has done during this stretch at Alabama is unprecedented in modern football and will never be done again. 

The most impressive part of all of this to me is how the greatest defensive mind and recruiter in the game was able to recognize the way the game was turning and is now the most consistent offense in the country. He also replaces coordinators every other year and keeps the machine rolling. Nobody else in college football could have that sort of turnover and keep the wheels on the tracks. That will always be his most impressive feat imo. 

• Like 2

Kansas State assaults LSU 42-20 in the Texas Bowl at NRG in Houston tonight.  LSU got a garbage TD on the last play.....it was really a beatdown deluxe administered by the Wildcats.

That brings the Big 12 Bowl Season to an end.......with an impressive 5-2 record.  West Va. and Iowa State losses their Bowl games......Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Okie State, Baylor, and Kansas State each won theirs.  

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Kansas State assaults LSU 42-20 in the Texas Bowl at NRG in Houston tonight.  LSU got a garbage TD on the last play.....it was really a beatdown deluxe administered by the Wildcats.

That brings the Big 12 Bowl Season to an end.......with an impressive 5-2 record.  West Va. and Iowa State losses their Bowl games......Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Okie State, Baylor, and Kansas State each won theirs.  

I have to give LSU credit.  I read they only had 38 scholarship players at the game.  They got a lot of their younger players some valuable experience against a decent opponent.  Kudos to them for not wimping out, even though they didn’t have a scholarship QB available.

edit : nussmeier was at the game, but the new HC asked he not play as it would’ve been his 5th game and burned his redshirt

8 hours ago, regaleagle said:

LSU was playing with no legs and only 1 crutch.  This game should have been a beat down.  I don't understand this generation of college football player.  You battle all season with this guys, then when it comes to the one last hurrah, you bail on them then stand on the sideline and watch them suffer.  Leave their asses at home!

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

LSU was playing with no legs and only 1 crutch.  This game should have been a beat down.  I don't understand this generation of college football player.  You battle all season with this guys, then when it comes to the one last hurrah, you bail on them then stand on the sideline and watch them suffer.  Leave their #### at home!

I agree, the minute they opt out, take their scholarship away, mark grades as incomplete, revoke their privileges to the weight rooms, training facilities and remove them from campus.  They’re no longer part of the team and have rights or privileges to team stuff

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree, the minute they opt out, take their scholarship away, mark grades as incomplete, revoke their privileges to the weight rooms, training facilities and remove them from campus.  They’re no longer part of the team and have rights or privileges to team stuff

I can't believe they have the gonads to stand on the sidelines during the games .....

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Does my heart good to see you bandwagon bama boys take the L .....  :rofl:

Dang right, need to spread the wealth a little.  Of course the Refs were on Saban’s payroll, but Georgia still pulled it out.  I’ll say one thing, that QB for Bama took a beating and for the longest was still throwing some good balls.  He’s only human though & it was getting to him near the end.  Kids a gamer, as was the one from Georgia.

• Like 1

I'm very happy for Kirby Smart personally, and the entire Georgia team and contingent.  They are celebrating bigtime in Athens tonight......a city with a population of only about 150,000.  Good deal for the University of Georgia and their faithful.  Georgia was definitely the best team on the field tonight, and appeared all season to be the best college football team in the NCAA.  They did it with a great defense and a quality guy leading the offense at QB.  It was definitely a major team effort.  Yeehaaa!!  What a night and year for the Georgia Bulldogs!   It's been 41 yrs since Georgia won it with Vince Dooley and Herschel Walker.......1980.