School Closures

blueflu

10 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Could be the same as Advil or Ibuprofen. But I’m sure anti vaxers don’t take any of those either. 

“Could” is the key word in your statement. 
Ibuprofen products have been used since 1961, Covid vaccines for literally months.  
Can you see how one has known side effects and the other can’t have that known yet? 

But the bigger point is, how many times have people been mandated to take or shamed for not taking ibuprofen? 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

the side effects of the vaccine are going to be less than the weight of that grave stone that a hang full of friends are dealing with...some that "didn't think the vaccine was needing"...it was bogus. now that they're dead...or after they'd been on a vent and it was too late, the vaccine would have been a small thing to TRY to give them a better chance to avoid a virus THAT CAN KILL SOME.

You can’t know what the long term side effects are going to be! 
If the vaccine kills 2% of those who take it over the long haul it’ll be more lethal than Covid. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

“Could” is the key word in your statement. 
Ibuprofen products have been used since 1961, Covid vaccines for literally months.  
Can you see how one has known side effects and the other can’t have that known yet? 

But the bigger point is, how many times have people been mandated to take or shamed for not taking ibuprofen? 

No where near the amount of times someone has been shamed or ridiculed for getting the vax or wearing a mask. 

• Stinks 1

34 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

the side effects of the vaccine are going to be less than the weight of that grave stone that a hang full of friends are dealing with...some that "didn't think the vaccine was needing"...it was bogus. now that they're dead...or after they'd been on a vent and it was too late, the vaccine would have been a small thing to TRY to give them a better chance to avoid a virus THAT CAN KILL SOME.

Apparently, 99% of the population doesn’t  need it

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

No where near the amount of times someone has been shamed or ridiculed for getting the vax or wearing a mask. 

I don’t get that vibe at all. I know some do, but it seems to me most of the shaming and hate is aimed at those who refuse the vaccine. Would you agree?

2 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

today is a big anniversary for a lot of you guys I'm guessing...wanting to drink some bleach, rub down with Crisco, put on a fresh deer skin with the antlers and attack the capital to demand that in reality one plus one totals five. 

That was an awfully blue statement.  Weird that the capital thing gets brought up on this thread since that's back at all the liberal main stream media is back talking about since they have no other platform to go with but covid fear........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

That’s the vibe on this thread. 

You’re probably right about that. But i do think that most of the anti vaxxers on here, including myself, would defend anyone’s right to take the vaccine whether they agree with it or not. I just don’t see that respect of one’s freedom and right to choose extended from the vaxxers to the anti vax folks. 

• Like 1

Just now, trashyhound said:

You’re probably right about that. But i do think that most of the anti vaxxers on here, including myself, would defend anyone’s right to take the vaccine whether they agree with it or not. I just don’t see that respect of one’s freedom and right to choose extended from the vaxxers to the anti vax folks. 

Completely could care less whether someone takes the vaccine or not.  I just don't believe there should be these so called mandates to get it.....or lose your job type things.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, chubbychecker said:

That was an awfully blue statement.  Weird that the capital thing gets brought up on this thread since that's back at all the liberal main stream media is back talking about since they have no other platform to go with but covid fear........

actually every statement on this SCHOOL CLOSURE link has been political, about "sheep" and alluded to democrats or people who believe in the vaccine. otherwise, it would have stuck with notices of school districts and areas that are exploding with COVID issues...since it is the children under 12 years of age that can NOT get a COVID vaccine and in poor areas are many times spreading the illness...to educators (whether vaccinated or not...as we have many on my campus right now!!!)

• Stinks 1

15 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

actually every statement on this SCHOOL CLOSURE link has been political, about "sheep" and alluded to democrats or people who believe in the vaccine. otherwise, it would have stuck with notices of school districts and areas that are exploding with COVID issues...since it is the children under 12 years of age that can NOT get a COVID vaccine and in poor areas are many times spreading the illness...to educators (whether vaccinated or not...as we have many on my campus right now!!!)

Must be a libtard!! Make sure you wear that mask today even though it doesn't  work.

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

35 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

today is a big anniversary for a lot of you guys I'm guessing...wanting to drink some bleach, rub down with Crisco, put on a fresh deer skin with the antlers and attack the capital to demand that in reality one plus one totals five. 

flock-staring-sheep-260nw-1039708483.jpg

35 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Exactly.......but start trying to force ME to do it brings on the "sheep" call......

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

Wait, the vaccinated educators got Covid?  But they wouldn't have if the children had gotten one?  We should close everything now....

Get all the vaccines you want!  I hope you get them and they protect you, but don't tell me what to do and damn sure don't try to put that experimental BS in my kids.  The reproductive harm it will do to women is already being seen.  The number of cases of myocarditis in the US is through the roof, especially in young males.  There are negative effects of the vaccine whether you want to admit it or not.  It should not be forced on anyone.  The damage done to kids as a result of school closures has been terrible.  Suicides and attempts are up, learning has been hurt, kids are in bad situations with nowhere to go.  If the cases get out of hand at a particular school, then I can see closures, just like a bad flu outbreak, but it should be a last resort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

I know plenty of republicans that are sheep…. Just as brainwashed as they say those on the other side of the aisle are. 

• Like 2

Not sure if this is the right place, but goes with the subject. After 2 years, I have finally came down with it. 

Background. No Vax, White male, 5-10, 200 lbs, no pre-existing conditions. Only current medication is 20mg SSRI for Anxiety/OCD.

Day 0. At 8pm had strong headache, fever. Took 800 mg Advil. Fever broke at 2am. Stayed in separate bedroom and away from family.

Day 1. Woke up with no headache, no fever. Tested that afternoon. At testing mild fever had come back. Obvious positive test. Took 800 mg Advil. Slept fine no fever. Coughed maybe a total of 10x due to head congestion/drainage.

Day 2. Woke up with no fever/headache. Coughing a little more frequent, but always productive. Mild/moderate congestion. Some drainage. Used Neti-Pot w/.5 teaspoons providone 10% diluted in 8pz water to attempt to listen viral load. Gargled/swished 1 teaspoon providone diluted in 8oz water for 30 seconds.

will continue to post daily updates

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 12:08 PM, ctown81 said:

So you mean to tell me that this was not a relevant question? I mean, if you're going to speak on something, you should have at least gone through it right?

i had it...  I had a runny nose and a headache for 3 days.  This was 2 weeks ago...

Liberal Me:  I almost died.

Conservative me:  Nothing to see here.

Actual me:  I had a cold called COVID- Omicron...  Mistaken as much for a transformer or Power Ranger as it is for a deadly virus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PelvisPresley said:

Insurrection- 100 people running around the capitol vandalizing and posing for photo ops.
Peaceful protesting- 10000 people storming the streets destroying building, setting Wendy's on Fire, stealing merchandise from Best Buy, and trying to murder and attack anyone who doesn't agree with them.

• Thanks 3
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Insurrection- 100 people running around the capitol vandalizing and posing for photo ops.
Peaceful protesting- 10000 people storming the streets destroying building, setting Wendy's on Fire, stealing merchandise from Best Buy, and trying to murder and attack anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Not to mention the people that were there, not doing any harm, that are being arrested and charged. 

big difference is one happened to the people, one happened to the people in power…….

• Like 3

I had leukemia at the time along with covid..after l beat both the leukemia and the rona approximately 8 months later,I took both vax shots at appropriate time and on schedule,and one month later the leukemia majically returned?  honestly,I would have chose the Rona if given a choice ✌️

• Prayers 5

10 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I had leukemia at the time along with covid..after l beat both the leukemia and the rona approximately 8 months later,I took both vax shots at appropriate time and on schedule,and one month later the leukemia majically returned?  honestly,I would have chose the Rona if given a choice ✌️

Hate that man! Keep fighting!