🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

15 hours ago, oldschool32 said:

So my question is if you're OU do you re recruit this kid I sure wouldn't.

Re-recruiting is absurd. He's already in the program (for now), what more does he need to know about OU? 

I get it. I mean, I don't like it, but I get it. This is the new normal, it is what it is. 

For OU, they need to go ahead and operate under the assumption he isn't coming back. .

For Caleb, he needs to take a hard look at what is truly the best place for him. 

14 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Impressive deep ball, he angles his passes almost perfectly for maximum catch-ability. His mid-range passes tend to float, however.

Pocket mobility is well above-average though he's much less of a dual-threat runner than Caleb Williams. I see him as comparable to Baker, with better pressure sense than Rattler. 

The upside is that he's gameday ready from the get-go, he already knows Lebby's and vice-versa.

My main concern is his effectiveness in OU's depleted line and durability. OU's starting QB is gonna get knocked around quite a bit next year. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Re-recruiting is absurd. He's already in the program (for now), what more does he need to know about OU? 

I get it. I mean, I don't like it, but I get it. This is the new normal, it is what it is. 

For OU, they need to go ahead and operate under the assumption he isn't coming back. .

For Caleb, he needs to take a hard look at what is truly the best place for him. 

These kids are a result of the instant gratification generation.  Money now, instead of working and developing in a program that can help get you to the league quicker.  Bouncing around and having to start learning new systems puts them behind the 8 ball wherever they land.  I believe it’ll hurt most of their draft status, except the freak athlete players

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I believe it’ll hurt most of their draft status...

Yes and, if not corrected with some reasonable parameters, it will hurt college football. 

I think most of us can already see how it already has. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Yes and, if not corrected with some reasonable parameters, it will hurt college football. 

OU better pony up “sooner” rather than later.  It’s only the ones “not talking about money” that it’ll hurt.  

19 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

OU better pony up “sooner” rather than later.  It’s only the ones “not talking about money” that it’ll hurt.  

No, it'll hurt everybody. The players, the fans. Society. 

Everybody. 

22 hours ago, LOL said:

College Football needs a massive correction. 

Or rather, several massive corrections. 

NIL is a big one. Those loopholes need to be patched fast (and I say that as a fan of a team who no doubt benefited greatly from NIL this recruiting cycle). Otherwise, it's going to make the problem of it "always being the same 5-6 teams competing" even worse. 

Bowl games are another big one. There are far too many bowl games and in late August, ESPN is already talking about "Who are the 4 in?!" and rattling on and on about "meaningless bowl games". Ergo, players opt out, fan interest dies, and teams play in front of largely empty stadiums. Teams should not go to a bowl because they won 6 games. Using A&M as an example, the only 2 bowls A&M should've gone to in the last 15+ years are the Cotton in 2012 and the Orange in 2020. I feel like a team needs to have a big/special season to go to a Bowl. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, LOL said:

Impressive deep ball, he angles his passes almost perfectly for maximum catch-ability. His mid-range passes tend to float, however.

Pocket mobility is well above-average though he's much less of a dual-threat runner than Caleb Williams. I see him as comparable to Baker, with better pressure sense than Rattler. 

The upside is that he's gameday ready from the get-go, he already knows Lebby's and vice-versa.

My main concern is his effectiveness in OU's depleted line and durability. OU's starting QB is gonna get knocked around quite a bit next year. 

I think the O-line will be fine if not better next year.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, LOL said:

...who he's going to throw the ball to?

On 1/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, DB2point0 said:

These kids are a result of the instant gratification generation.  Money now, instead of working and developing in a program that can help get you to the league quicker.  

And when they get to the league they will take a pay cut, and it will make that entitlement that is rooted in their generation even worse than it already is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I'm already operating under the assumption he's gone, and at this point I really don't care where he goes. 

A real bummer too. I thought he was a program guy. Oh well. 

He is a program guy--a guy who's program will read--switched schools many times, got lots of college money, no degree, and won't make it in the NFL.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Mr. P locked this topic