🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

22 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

College football is turning into musical chairs with "star players" bouncing around like a pinball machine  ....... it's like free agency on steroids  .....

Unfortunately this is true. We have free agency. Add in a watered down playoff with too many teams and now College Football is truly just the NFL now.🤮

Let’s just remove everything that made the sport special.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Unfortunately this is true. We have free agency. Add in a watered down playoff with too many teams and now College Football is truly just the NFL now.🤮

Let’s just remove everything that made the sport special.

Welp...  guess I'll find a D-II or D-III program to support now. 

Heard a rumor that Dart is eyeballing OU as a destination, now that he is in the Portal.  Basically two 5 star quarterbacks swapping teams.

If true, who would win the quarterback competition between Gabriel and Dart?  Dart has better physical characteristics (6-3 & 210 lbs) vs Gabriel (5-11 & 186), but Jeff Lebby is really high on Gabriel, in that he is very familiar with the Offense that Lebby likes to run.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BlackwellSooner said:

Heard a rumor that Dart is eyeballing OU as a destination, now that he is in the Portal.  Basically two 5 star quarterbacks swapping teams.

Really? I haven't heard that rumor at all. Of course, plenty of OU fans are pontificating about it online, but I haven't heard anything from my sources yet...  of course, this just happened, so we'll see.

28 minutes ago, BlackwellSooner said:

If true, who would win the quarterback competition between Gabriel and Dart?

No idea, but I'm more than willing to let the cream rise...   assuming he even does end up at OU (which is nowhere near certain). 

Pretty sure that some of these pieces are gonna have to fall into place soon, right? Aren't classes about to start at OU? 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I'm pretty surprised by this. But not sure how he fits in Riley's system at SC now that I think about it. 

The kid is really talented. Not super mobile, especially after an injury at the beginning of the year, so it would be interesting seeing him in Venables offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm pretty surprised by this. But not sure how he fits in Riley's system at SC now that I think about it. 

The kid is really talented. Not super mobile, especially after an injury at the beginning of the year, so it would be interesting seeing him in Venables offense.

Dart is a mormon and all of his top schools before he committed were schools out west.  Will that mean anything this go around?  Who knows.  Graham Harrell is also the new OC at West Virginia.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

4 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Dart is a mormon and all of his top schools before he committed were schools out west.  Will that mean anything this go around?  Who knows.  Graham Harrell is also the new OC at West Virginia.

Yeah, I think Utah/BYU makes as much sense as anywhere. Or UCLA even.  

WVa would be a reach, not just in distance but in the fact that USC stunk it up last year and WVa looks to be re-building. It'd be one thing if Harrell's offense had set records or something this past season. 

23 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I think Utah/BYU makes as much sense as anywhere. Or UCLA even.  

WVa would be a reach, not just in distance but in the fact that USC stunk it up last year and WVa looks to be re-building. It'd be one thing if Harrell's offense had set records or something this past season. 

I still think he stays out West, but this is a helluva photoshop job: 

28 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Are you happy with Gabriel?

Indifferent is probably a better word, though I can't help but root for a guy who isn't afraid to compete for a job. Regardless, I'm holding off judgement until I see him in the Spring Game. 

Not impressed with his film after watching full games instead of highlight reels. He's kind of all over the place, and he's no more a "dual threat" than Rattler was. I think he's a gamer though, and will be interested to see him in Lebby's scheme at OU.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Jaxon Dart is visiting this weekend.

Wow...  swapping QBs with USC after all this would just be yet another proof that we're living in some kinda bizarro simulation. 

Thoughts and prayers for Cowherd's mental health if this happens.  :woot:

53 minutes ago, LOL said:

Wow...  swapping QBs with USC after all this would just be yet another proof that we're living in some kinda bizarro simulation. 

Thoughts and prayers for Cowherd's mental health if this happens.  :woot:

Oklahoma also has Chubba Purdy [Brock Purdy's younger brother] visiting this week too. He was at Florida State.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I love Riley's new Twitter nickname... "TBOW"

The nickname itself is okay, but the acronym is weak. Just call him out or use a more obvious appellation. "TBOW" seems too much like "Tebow." 

I prefer LIE-ly myself, because that's the crux of my frustration with him. He lied, and misrepresented himself to his players, colleagues, and fans. 

Sure, he's a b#### out West now, but he's been the b#### in Norman for the last three or four years. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic