🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

All this recruiting and re-recruiting is a theatre of the absurd. It's obvious that different camps are floating these kinds of rumors for leverage. It's all so tiring.

But I still believe Williams goes to USC. It's obvious that he wants to be a half-### Instagram influencer and quasi-celebrity. LA is perfect. Whatever.

5niBZYh.png
(credit to whoever made this, I stole it from Twitter)

8 minutes ago, LOL said:

All this recruiting and re-recruiting is a theatre of the absurd. It's obvious that different camps are floating these kinds of rumors for leverage. It's all so tiring.

But I still believe Williams goes to USC. It's obvious that he wants to be a half-### Instagram influencer and quasi-celebrity. LA is perfect. Whatever.

5niBZYh.png
(credit to whoever made this, I stole it from Twitter)

The old school in me says "You already quit, so carry your ### somewhere else."  However, understanding the new school mentality, makes me think that if he is your best option next year, you have to play the game and win him back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The old school in me says "You already quit, so carry your ### somewhere else."  However, understanding the new school mentality, makes me think that if he is your best option next year, you have to play the game and win him back.

Yes...  which is why it's a damn good thing I'm not in charge of stuff up there.  :woot:

Transfer portal additions so far.

QB - Dillon Gabriel [UCF]

TE - Daniel Parker Jr. [Missouri]

OL - McKade Mettauer [Cal]

DL - Jonah Lauli [Hawaii]

Jeffery Johnston [Tulane]

LB - T.D. Roof [Appalachian State]

DB - C.J. Colton [Wyoming]

Trey Morrison [North Carolina]

Kani Walker [Louisville] 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The best thing about this one is this kids family trashed the OU defensive staff all season on social media and now he followed that staff to USC. 

Lol, I saw OU fans teeing off of dad's tweet. I was gonna share a couple of the funnier ones but it wouldn't pass SDC's content policies because of dad's f-bomb.  

But yeah, as expected it has nothing to do with "coaching" or getting ready for the NFL or anything else. It is what it is. 

https://thefootballbrainiacs.com/open-post-weekend-january-21st-23rd

On the Caleb Williams front: as you know, James was tracking a meeting between the OU and Williams camp which was supposed to take place yesterday. James was told that no meeting took place, but there was communication between OU and the Williams. Sounds like the discussion was just a formality of what Super K reported HERE which was basically saying that OU was not waiting around and they were all in on pursuing other options, the latest being Jaxson Dart.

By all appearances, you all are one step closer to being done with the QB situation with Dillon Gabriel on board and OU solely focused on their pursuit of Dart.

Thank the football gods. I am so tired of this family. I can't wait for them to be USC/LSU/whoever's problem. 

On 1/24/2022 at 12:58 PM, Valhalla said:

Got the 2023 QB. It seems people will still want play QB at the University of Oklahoma in the future. 

Impossible. I happen to have it on good authority that OU is doomed and will never win another game. 

Na1Ihcs.jpeg

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic