🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

He definitely had no fault in playing bad enough to get benched. 

I was hearing his head wasn't in the game all the way back in Spring. Sources in Norman telling me about his shenanigans. Harmless, college-kid shenanigans mind you, but still his focus wasn't there.

By all accounts Williams outplayed him during the Summer, but Rattler was QB1 by default. The latter's lack of focus made manifest in poor pre-game prep and in-game execution. Williams was more lucky than good coming off the bench, but the contrast (and other factors) contributed to an overall toxic situation. 

At the end of the day, it comes down to leadership and culture. Everything happened for the best of all concerned. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Supposedly there are 217 former players in town to kick off the BV era at the spring game. 

Not gonna lie I’ve always low key rooted for OU anytime they weren’t playing A&M. I know that from a regional recruiting standpoint I should welcome a few 8-4 seasons from them, but until they are back in the Ags division I’ll pull for them. That being said, I’m a big fan of BV and am really hoping to see him bring a little bit of toughness back to ou. They have been way too finesse for my taste the last few years. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

As bad as Bally Sports is, I'd settle for a frat boy doing Facebook Live from the student section. 

But this looks promising. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LOL said:

As bad as Bally Sports is, I'd settle for a frat boy doing Facebook Live from the student section. 

But this looks promising. 

ESPN mothership is basically trash, but I really love ESPN+ content 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 5:25 PM, Valhalla said:

Wow...  so, walk me through this Val. As you know, I don't follow recruiting. Are these new QBs coming in because they believe they can compete for QB1 once Dillon goes pro?

Because it seems like General and the Pitt QB transfer oughta know there's absolutely no chance they beat out Gabriel until he leaves. With all the movement toward "start me or I hit the portal," it is odd that OU would get a couple guys who could have a good chance of starting somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, LOL said:

Wow...  so, walk me through this Val. As you know, I don't follow recruiting. Are these new QBs coming in because they believe they can compete for QB1 once Dillon goes pro?

Because it seems like General and the Pitt QB transfer oughta know there's absolutely no chance they beat out Gabriel until he leaves. With all the movement toward "start me or I hit the portal," it is odd that OU would get a couple guys who could have a good chance of starting somewhere else. 

These last two are just "depth" guys to me. The kid [Evers] they got from the 2022 class is not even close to being ready.

They needed an adult in the room besides Gabriel. The Pitt guy was a 4 star kid with some experience. I think Booty is just for depth and it never hurts to have a QB from Allen on the roster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

These last two are just "depth" guys to me. The kid [Evers] they got from the 2022 class is not even close to being ready.

They needed an adult in the room besides Gabriel. The Pitt guy was a 4 star kid with some experience. I think Booty is just for depth and it never hurts to have a QB from Allen on the roster.

I dig that, but do you think Booty thinks he's gonna play Baker Mayfield, and upset the apple cart? How many years of eligibility does he have left? Did he use up his portal free pass, or does he still have it since he's coming from juco. 

4 minutes ago, LOL said:

I dig that, but do you think Booty thinks he's gonna play Baker Mayfield, and upset the apple cart? How many years of eligibility does he have left? Did he use up his portal free pass, or does he still have it since he's coming from juco. 

I am not even sure that Booty is getting a scholarship. To me this seems more like a move to him to position for his coaching career after he is done playing.

It is not the worst gig in the world to be the 3rd string guy at Oklahoma. Throw some passes and learn some stuff for a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 1:02 PM, Valhalla said:

I am not even sure that Booty is getting a scholarship. To me this seems more like a move to him to position for his coaching career after he is done playing.

It is not the worst gig in the world to be the 3rd string guy at Oklahoma. Throw some passes and learn some stuff for a few years.

Kids don’t know how to be a backup anymore.  I’d take a Jr in the transfer portal over a disgruntled RS freshman just looking for playing time.  1 prime example is Joe Burrow

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LOL said:

We blew it with Haynes, then Jalen, here's hoping we can close the deal with Taylor...

ezgif-1-778b8db801.gif

Riley did not seem interested in King for whatever reason. 

I don’t know the details with Hale, but I know he had USC in top 5 so he might have just been a casualty of the regime change. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

I’m not even upset Texas lost. I prefer the best team in the country all year actually win. 

Losing in the National championship for Texas is nothing but a stepping stone to move forward.  A 20 loss team never makes it that far in the WCWS.  Texas looked young, just needs to clean up some defensive mistakes and they will be even better next year.  They are one of 3 teams to give OU a loss this year. They can use that as well.  

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic