🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

26 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It’s more the players fault IMO. 

DG makes wrong reads on RPOs and WRs can’t drop the ball.

Sure, but why abandon the run? Why is he going tempo? This is junior high level incompetence. 

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This is the Briles Offense. You get what you hired.

Disagree. The run-pass ratio in the Briles offense typically favored the run. Briles was also smart enough to slow it down from time to time. 

Lebby's playcalling is garbage, and he seems incapable of making adjustments.

Sure, Gabriel isnt great, so all the more reason not to make him throw it 40 times. Especially when Gray only has 20 carries. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Disagree. The run-pass ratio in the Briles offense typically favored the run. Briles was also smart enough to slow it down from time to time. 

Lebby's playcalling is garbage, and he seems incapable of making adjustments.

Sure, Gabriel isnt great, so all the more reason not to make him throw it 40 times. Especially when Gray only has 20 carries. 

Lebby was definitely not my 1st choice. 

I think the offense is limited by Gabriel’s physical limitations.

He is the textbook example of a guy who is a great G5 QB, but you can see the difference between him and what an elite P5 guy is. 

Also think they missed Raym tonight. Congel’s snaps where throwing off timing of stuff.

Agree about Grey though. Grey and Barnes should have at least 30 touches a game between them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr. P said:

More coming.

Conversations and meetings have begun in earnest. 

Man I remember really hoping Texas could get Clayton Smith back during his recruitment.  What happened?  If he couldn't get on the field this year then it probably wasn't going to happen.  Arkansas bound maybe?

• Mr. P locked this topic