Jump to content

🔴 Sooners 2022 thread


LOL
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, oldschool32 said:

So my question is if you're OU do you re recruit this kid I sure wouldn't.

Re-recruiting is absurd. He's already in the program (for now), what more does he need to know about OU? 

I get it. I mean, I don't like it, but I get it. This is the new normal, it is what it is. 

For OU, they need to go ahead and operate under the assumption he isn't coming back. .

For Caleb, he needs to take a hard look at what is truly the best place for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Impressive deep ball, he angles his passes almost perfectly for maximum catch-ability. His mid-range passes tend to float, however.

Pocket mobility is well above-average though he's much less of a dual-threat runner than Caleb Williams. I see him as comparable to Baker, with better pressure sense than Rattler. 

The upside is that he's gameday ready from the get-go, he already knows Lebby's and vice-versa.

My main concern is his effectiveness in OU's depleted line and durability. OU's starting QB is gonna get knocked around quite a bit next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Re-recruiting is absurd. He's already in the program (for now), what more does he need to know about OU? 

I get it. I mean, I don't like it, but I get it. This is the new normal, it is what it is. 

For OU, they need to go ahead and operate under the assumption he isn't coming back. .

For Caleb, he needs to take a hard look at what is truly the best place for him. 

These kids are a result of the instant gratification generation.  Money now, instead of working and developing in a program that can help get you to the league quicker.  Bouncing around and having to start learning new systems puts them behind the 8 ball wherever they land.  I believe it’ll hurt most of their draft status, except the freak athlete players

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I believe it’ll hurt most of their draft status...

Yes and, if not corrected with some reasonable parameters, it will hurt college football. 

I think most of us can already see how it already has. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Yes and, if not corrected with some reasonable parameters, it will hurt college football. 

I think most of us can already see how it already has. 

OU better pony up “sooner” rather than later.  It’s only the ones “not talking about money” that it’ll hurt.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

OU better pony up “sooner” rather than later.  It’s only the ones “not talking about money” that it’ll hurt.  

No, it'll hurt everybody. The players, the fans. Society. 

Everybody. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, LOL said:

Yes and, if not corrected with some reasonable parameters, it will hurt college football. 

I think most of us can already see how it already has. 

College Football needs a massive correction. 

Or rather, several massive corrections. 

NIL is a big one. Those loopholes need to be patched fast (and I say that as a fan of a team who no doubt benefited greatly from NIL this recruiting cycle). Otherwise, it's going to make the problem of it "always being the same 5-6 teams competing" even worse. 

Bowl games are another big one. There are far too many bowl games and in late August, ESPN is already talking about "Who are the 4 in?!" and rattling on and on about "meaningless bowl games". Ergo, players opt out, fan interest dies, and teams play in front of largely empty stadiums. Teams should not go to a bowl because they won 6 games. Using A&M as an example, the only 2 bowls A&M should've gone to in the last 15+ years are the Cotton in 2012 and the Orange in 2020. I feel like a team needs to have a big/special season to go to a Bowl. 

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, LOL said:

Impressive deep ball, he angles his passes almost perfectly for maximum catch-ability. His mid-range passes tend to float, however.

Pocket mobility is well above-average though he's much less of a dual-threat runner than Caleb Williams. I see him as comparable to Baker, with better pressure sense than Rattler. 

The upside is that he's gameday ready from the get-go, he already knows Lebby's and vice-versa.

My main concern is his effectiveness in OU's depleted line and durability. OU's starting QB is gonna get knocked around quite a bit next year. 

I think the O-line will be fine if not better next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 AM, LOL said:

Impressive deep ball, he angles his passes almost perfectly for maximum catch-ability. His mid-range passes tend to float, however.

Pocket mobility is well above-average though he's much less of a dual-threat runner than Caleb Williams. I see him as comparable to Baker, with better pressure sense than Rattler. 

The upside is that he's gameday ready from the get-go, he already knows Lebby's and vice-versa.

My main concern is his effectiveness in OU's depleted line and durability. OU's starting QB is gonna get knocked around quite a bit next year. 

...who he's going to throw the ball to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

...who he's going to throw the ball to?

Nobody. We're running the single-wing next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, DB2point0 said:

These kids are a result of the instant gratification generation.  Money now, instead of working and developing in a program that can help get you to the league quicker.  

And when they get to the league they will take a pay cut, and it will make that entitlement that is rooted in their generation even worse than it already is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm already operating under the assumption he's gone, and at this point I really don't care where he goes. 

A real bummer too. I thought he was a program guy. Oh well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I'm already operating under the assumption he's gone, and at this point I really don't care where he goes. 

A real bummer too. I thought he was a program guy. Oh well. 

He is a program guy--a guy who's program will read--switched schools many times, got lots of college money, no degree, and won't make it in the NFL.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Stoney said:

42E8BD8B-46C1-472A-88A9-0190101C0F90.jpeg

I hacked into Caleb Williams Twitter DMs.

Any chance we can trade y'all Caleb for Haynes, with a DB to be named later?  :woot:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...