Jump to content

🔴 Sooners 2022 thread


LOL
 Share

Recommended Posts

College football is turning into musical chairs with "star players" bouncing around like a pinball machine  ....... it's like free agency on steroids  .....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

College football is turning into musical chairs with "star players" bouncing around like a pinball machine  ....... it's like free agency on steroids  .....

Unfortunately this is true. We have free agency. Add in a watered down playoff with too many teams and now College Football is truly just the NFL now.🤮

Let’s just remove everything that made the sport special.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Unfortunately this is true. We have free agency. Add in a watered down playoff with too many teams and now College Football is truly just the NFL now.🤮

Let’s just remove everything that made the sport special.

Welp...  guess I'll find a D-II or D-III program to support now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard a rumor that Dart is eyeballing OU as a destination, now that he is in the Portal.  Basically two 5 star quarterbacks swapping teams.

If true, who would win the quarterback competition between Gabriel and Dart?  Dart has better physical characteristics (6-3 & 210 lbs) vs Gabriel (5-11 & 186), but Jeff Lebby is really high on Gabriel, in that he is very familiar with the Offense that Lebby likes to run.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BlackwellSooner said:

Heard a rumor that Dart is eyeballing OU as a destination, now that he is in the Portal.  Basically two 5 star quarterbacks swapping teams.

Really? I haven't heard that rumor at all. Of course, plenty of OU fans are pontificating about it online, but I haven't heard anything from my sources yet...  of course, this just happened, so we'll see.

28 minutes ago, BlackwellSooner said:

If true, who would win the quarterback competition between Gabriel and Dart?

No idea, but I'm more than willing to let the cream rise...   assuming he even does end up at OU (which is nowhere near certain). 

 

Pretty sure that some of these pieces are gonna have to fall into place soon, right? Aren't classes about to start at OU? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

 

I'm pretty surprised by this. But not sure how he fits in Riley's system at SC now that I think about it. 

The kid is really talented. Not super mobile, especially after an injury at the beginning of the year, so it would be interesting seeing him in Venables offense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm pretty surprised by this. But not sure how he fits in Riley's system at SC now that I think about it. 

The kid is really talented. Not super mobile, especially after an injury at the beginning of the year, so it would be interesting seeing him in Venables offense.

Dart is a mormon and all of his top schools before he committed were schools out west.  Will that mean anything this go around?  Who knows.  Graham Harrell is also the new OC at West Virginia.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm pretty surprised by this. But not sure how he fits in Riley's system at SC now that I think about it. 

The kid is really talented. Not super mobile, especially after an injury at the beginning of the year, so it would be interesting seeing him in Venables offense.

4 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Dart is a mormon and all of his top schools before he committed were schools out west.  Will that mean anything this go around?  Who knows.  Graham Harrell is also the new OC at West Virginia.

Yeah, I think Utah/BYU makes as much sense as anywhere. Or UCLA even.  

WVa would be a reach, not just in distance but in the fact that USC stunk it up last year and WVa looks to be re-building. It'd be one thing if Harrell's offense had set records or something this past season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I think Utah/BYU makes as much sense as anywhere. Or UCLA even.  

WVa would be a reach, not just in distance but in the fact that USC stunk it up last year and WVa looks to be re-building. It'd be one thing if Harrell's offense had set records or something this past season. 

I still think he stays out West, but this is a helluva photoshop job: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2022 at 3:56 PM, LOL said:

I think he goes west to USC. I imagine Lie-ley has all but guaranteed a starting spot, and there's probably some sweet NIL deals waiting on him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Are you happy with Gabriel?

Indifferent is probably a better word, though I can't help but root for a guy who isn't afraid to compete for a job. Regardless, I'm holding off judgement until I see him in the Spring Game. 

Not impressed with his film after watching full games instead of highlight reels. He's kind of all over the place, and he's no more a "dual threat" than Rattler was. I think he's a gamer though, and will be interested to see him in Lebby's scheme at OU.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Jaxon Dart is visiting this weekend.

Wow...  swapping QBs with USC after all this would just be yet another proof that we're living in some kinda bizarro simulation. 

Thoughts and prayers for Cowherd's mental health if this happens.  :woot:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, LOL said:

Wow...  swapping QBs with USC after all this would just be yet another proof that we're living in some kinda bizarro simulation. 

Thoughts and prayers for Cowherd's mental health if this happens.  :woot:

Oklahoma also has Chubba Purdy [Brock Purdy's younger brother] visiting this week too. He was at Florida State.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I love Riley's new Twitter nickname... "TBOW"

The nickname itself is okay, but the acronym is weak. Just call him out or use a more obvious appellation. "TBOW" seems too much like "Tebow." 

I prefer LIE-ly myself, because that's the crux of my frustration with him. He lied, and misrepresented himself to his players, colleagues, and fans. 

Sure, he's a b#### out West now, but he's been the b#### in Norman for the last three or four years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...