🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I would have wished him the best if he went anywhere besides USC.

Now I hope he is unsuccessful. 

I don't care at all anymore. Not about him or Riley. I'm just ready to move forward. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LOL said:

I don't care at all anymore. Not about him or Riley. I'm just ready to move forward. 

Not me. 

I will always hate Riley for trying to burn the program down on the way out. He made it personal. Williams choosing to follow him makes me feel the same way about him. 

It is just like when Durant left the Thunder. I would have wished him well if he went anywhere besides Golden State. Now I hate him forever. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, LOL said:

...I still believe Williams goes to USC. It's obvious that he wants to be a half-### Instagram influencer and quasi-celebrity. LA is perfect. Whatever.

Not gonna say I called it...   but I called it:  

"But aside from football, the school itself, and the city, gives me a chance to really seek out and explore other interests I have off the field."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Not gonna say I called it...   but I called it:  

Riley will embrace his desire to be a social media influencer... He will spend more time trying to create that perfect tweet or instagram video than he will learning the playbook.  USC is spending a lot of money to fail again...  Pete Carroll is a football coach who knew how to live in LA while still doing his actual job.  Everyone since he left, can't handle the glamour of being rich in LA with a high profile job.  

Riley is going to recruit the guys who love the camera more than football.  It will be splashy recruiting, but it's going to be a bad on the field product.  

Oklahoma is lucky that this guy is gone.  I would much rather have a guy with a fake southern accent at LSU (although, I heard him say family 3-4 other times and it sounds weird each time...) than a snowflake camera whore who is always looking for the next best thing.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Riley will embrace his desire to be a social media influencer... He will spend more time trying to create that perfect tweet or instagram video than he will learning the playbook.  USC is spending a lot of money to fail again...  Pete Carroll is a football coach who knew how to live in LA while still doing his actual job.  Everyone since he left, can't handle the glamour of being rich in LA with a high profile job.  

Riley is going to recruit the guys who love the camera more than football.  It will be splashy recruiting, but it's going to be a bad on the field product.  

Oklahoma is lucky that this guy is gone.  I would much rather have a guy with a fake southern accent at LSU (although, I heard him say family 3-4 other times and it sounds weird each time...) than a snowflake camera whore who is always looking for the next best thing.

Nah, we got nuthin...  no coach, no QB, no hype. It's over. Might as well shut down the program. 

Na1Ihcs.jpeg

Really good episode of the Teddy & Gabe podcast, featuring a really interesting insider's perspective from Caleb Kelly contrasting the locker room "vibe" in the post-Riley aftermath and now under Venables:  

BTW, if you just want to listen to them talk about Caleb Williams, you can skip to the 18:49 mark. 

• Mr. P locked this topic