🔴 Sooners 2022 thread

Mr. P

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Wow...  you know me, I don't follow recruiting, but I knew all about this kid. I figured him for 'Bama or at least staying in-state. He's perfect for the Lebby system. 

Demarco's the man. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 6:34 PM, Valhalla said:

Don’t look now, but Oklahoma seems to be on thier way to having their highest rated recruiting class in the modern recruiting era.

Impossible! I have it on good authority* that OU recruiting will never be as good as our predecessor. Never ever. Never. 

Gone are the days of back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back National Championships and dozens of Heismans we enjoyed under the leadership of The Greatest College Football Coach In The History Of The Known Universe. 

* SOURCE: Just trust me, bro!

• LOL! 1

On 7/15/2022 at 9:15 PM, ANTI said:

Mikal Harrison Pilot

Jalen Hale

Anthony Hill

Colton Vasek

Cedric Baxter Jr

Hunter Osborne

Javien Toviano

Malik Mahummad

Markis Deal

Jordan Mathews

Derion Gullette

Braylan Shelby

Texas is sitting at #5 right now. They will land AT LEAST 7 of the above and when they do, numero uno. 

Not doing research is comical. 

About to lose another one from that list it seems. 

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

About to lose another one from that list it seems. 

Missed on Hill and Vasek, oh well.

Never said that we would land them all. Clearly says that we would land at least 7. 

Landed Muhammad. Very confident in MHP, Hale, Ced Baxter Jr. Semi confident in Toviano and Osborne. 

Would just need one more after that which technically, Payton Kirkland was a surprise get since this list so, still sitting pretty. 

16 minutes ago, LOL said:

Lol, and this is why I don't get into recruiting. I don't want to care about any of these guys until they're in the dorms and on the roster.  :D 

To me it’s more about the people dancing on our grave in November who acted like Riley created Oklahoma Football. 

This is the first time we will have at least 5 top 300 guys on defensive in the same class since the mid 2000s.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

To me it’s more about the people dancing on our grave in November who acted like Riley created Oklahoma Football. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 2010 the highest-rated OU class (modern era)? 

Pretty sure OU was doing okay in recruiting before His Eminence came to Norman. 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 2010 the highest-rated OU class (modern era)? 

Pretty sure OU was doing okay in recruiting before His Eminence came to Norman. 

Yes, 2019 is a close second. 

That 2019 class was a giant dud though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

This is the first time we will have at least 5 top 300 guys on defensive in the same class since the mid 2000s.

I agree people act like Lincoln was something amazing but I think he just lucked into a already decent OU roster in a weak conference schedule.  OU will be just as good under Venables if not better because he is going to build a solid defense and will coach the physical brand necessary to compete in the SEC. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

I agree people act like Lincoln was something amazing... 

Look, I'll give him credit where it's due: he's an excellent play designer, and I'm certain USC's offense will yield plenty of big plays right off the bat. He's also really good at relating to the athletes, and he has done a fine job of recruiting for us. I give that to him. 

When Stoops stepped down I'll admit I was wary, but I trusted Bob/Joe C. and I thought Lincoln had a good mind for the game. I didn't think he was 100 percent ready, but I expected him to grow and eventually evolve into an elite coach. He still may. Time will tell. 

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think he just lucked into a already decent OU roster in a weak conference schedule...

This is irrefutable. He inherited a program that was primed for a natty run. Stocked cabinet of talent, full experienced staff, media hype and fan support. Granted, Mike was millstone around his neck, but eventually he was able to hand-pick his own DC. 

Count me among the quiet majority of OU fans who are just over it and ready to move on. I am truly happy with Venables, and I sincerely believe we traded up in the deal. For the first time in a long time I am excited about the general direction and trajectory of the program. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LOL said:

All our commits are awesome, until they commit somewhere else. 

Depending on where you are from your 20th ranked class is always better than the 1st ranked class.  The rankings are just biased

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P locked this topic