👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think NIl plays a role, but I don’t for a second believe A&M is outdoing the other major players on this (Texas Bama LSU Georgia etc.) 

I think this class is combination of timing and Jimbo and his staff just being good recruiters. You don’t outbid Bama and Georgia for as many guys as A&M has…

$300k for a WR to sign a LOI is pretty bold 

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You reckon he sticks around 3 years?  

There’s no way of knowing that at all. I mean I don’t even really know what that has to do with anything but there’s no way to predict something like that. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There’s no way of knowing that at all. I mean I don’t even really know what that has to do with anything but there’s no way to predict something like that. 

If he’s in the portal rather quickly, you can assume he signed for the money.  Because it sure isn’t the way aTm uses their 5* WRs 

18 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If he’s in the portal rather quickly, you can assume he signed for the money.  Because it sure isn’t the way aTm uses their 5* WRs 

Oh you mean sort of like how Banks only signed with Texas for NIL because it sure wasn’t because of how Texas develops OL? Yea that sounds about right I guess.

Banks was offered 5mil to sign with Texas I read on twitter. Prove me wrong. If you can’t, I’m going to make myself look like a idiot like you do until you can prove it didn’t happen. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Oh you mean sort of like how Banks only signed with Texas for NIL because it sure wasn’t because of how Texas develops OL? Yea that sounds about right I guess.

Banks was offered 5mil to sign with Texas I read on twitter. Prove me wrong. If you can’t, I’m going to make myself look like a idiot like you do until you can prove it didn’t happen. 

The Texas NIL deals are advertised and on top of the table for all to see.  That’s smart to me.  It’s being said that the kids signing with aTm are receiving the money just for signing their LOI and the donors are calling it NIL.  If they’re willing to pay why not do it above and not under the table.  NIL is legal, buying recruits is still illegal.  There’s a difference.  My guess is aTm will be investigated long before Texas is.  

38 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The Texas NIL deals are advertised and on top of the table for all to see.  That’s smart to me.  It’s being said that the kids signing with aTm are receiving the money just for signing their LOI and the donors are calling it NIL.  If they’re willing to pay why not do it above and not under the table.  NIL is legal, buying recruits is still illegal.  There’s a difference.  My guess is aTm will be investigated long before Texas is.  

No what I’m saying is Banks signed another deal. A second deal. A 5mil dollar deal. Prove me wrong. 

31 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No what I’m saying is Banks signed another deal. A second deal. A 5mil dollar deal. Prove me wrong. 

Good for him, hope it doesn’t cost Texas probation in the long run.

what I’m saying is there’s a difference in NIL and buying players.  

Devils advocate. Should schools make their NIL numbers public? Team A offers $10k publicly per player regardless of position. Team B keeps their NIL numbers in house between them and the players. 

17 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Devils advocate. Should schools make their NIL numbers public? Team A offers $10k publicly per player regardless of position. Team B keeps their NIL numbers in house between them and the players. 

I think that out in the open is “buying” the players. It’s like saying, “hey we will give you 50k just for coming here no matter if you got a NIL or not.” And that’s not what this was for. This NIL setup was supposed to be about kids making their own deals and getting paid off their own. It was never intended to be a base salary for players. That being said paying the players a base is not against the rules based off what the nil has given us, but this whole situation is messed up anyway so there’s really no calling out anyone as right or wrong here. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Is it NIL deals or bag drops for LOI’s?  I think the universities that are doing it out in the open for all scholarship players (like Texas) are being smart.  Giving a kid $300k for signing a LOI will not be considered NIL.  

Doesn't matter how a kid gets the money to me, just they don't get it until they have graduated from college, with a major!!!! 

Education is very important to most everyone, so to make sure they get their education--they can't have their NIL, LOI money until they graduate from the university that provided those funds. I don't think that is too much to ask. 

^ To piggyback off that if Team A is known as the school that Kickers get $10k, what’s to keep Team B from offering $11-15k if they want the kid? The NCAA,or as Coach Doeren called them “No Clue At All”, messed up by not hammering down the rules instead of going Wild West Style.

2 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

Doesn't matter how a kid gets the money to me, just they don't get it until they have graduated from college, with a major!!!! 

Education is very important to most everyone, so to make sure they get their education--they can't have their NIL, LOI money until they graduate from the university that provided those funds. I don't think that is too much to ask. 

Stick it into some type of an account that they can’t touch until then. 

1 minute ago, DannyZuco said:

At least it should be in annual installments, until all games that season have been played/participated in (including bowl games).  

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

^ To piggyback off that if Team A is known as the school that Kickers get $10k, what’s to keep Team B from offering $11-15k if they want the kid? The NCAA,or as Coach Doeren called them “No Clue At All”, messed up by not hammering down the rules instead of going Wild West Style.

There are rules, there’s just way too many loopholes and donors throwing “NIL” money at kids for signing a LOI

45 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

There are rules, there’s just way too many loopholes and donors throwing “NIL” money at kids for signing a LOI

Agreed. I mean it’s a little ridiculous that Banks is getting 5mil just to sign… 

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. I mean it’s a little ridiculous that Banks is getting 5mil just to sign… 

That’s a lot more than the $300k the Aggie donors slid under a the table to be a WR.  We’re Stewart smart, he could’ve went to Texas, got way more money (according to my sdc sources) and actually been targeted by the quarterback in a system he would’ve flourished in.  Xavier Worthy > Demas

Just now, DB2point0 said:

That’s a lot more than the $300k the Aggie donors slid under a the table to be a WR.  We’re Stewart smart, he could’ve went to Texas, got way more money (according to my sdc sources) and actually been targeted by the quarterback in a system he would’ve flourished in.  Xavier Worthy > Demas

Yea he’s clearly not a very smart kid. I mean I was told he wanted to play with Ewers anyways. Maybe 300k was low. OU fans seem to be under the impression 30mil was used for money bags by A&M. Perhaps it wasn’t 300k but actually 30 mil. I mean that’s what it would take to get a kid to play in a horrific offensive system like Jimbos. Especially when he could go play for a 5-7 team and get more passes. 

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea he’s clearly not a very smart kid. I mean I was told he wanted to play with Ewers anyways. Maybe 300k was low. OU fans seem to be under the impression 30mil was used for money bags by A&M. Perhaps it wasn’t 300k but actually 30 mil. I mean that’s what it would take to get a kid to play in a horrific offensive system like Jimbos. Especially when he could go play for a 5-7 team and get more passes. 

No telling what a TE that can be a primary target most games is worth to Jimbo if he got a top notch WR for $300k.  $300k for 20-25 targets a season ….Who knows?  Were  it year 4 of the new coach  and supposed to be “their year” the donations may have been at an all time high!!!

• Mr. P locked this topic