👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

No telling what a TE that can be a primary target most games is worth to Jimbo if he got a top notch WR for $300k.  $300k for 20-25 targets a season ….Who knows?  Were  it year 4 of the new coach  and supposed to be “their year” the donations may have been at an all time high!!!

Hey stop saying 300k. We’ve already established it was 30mil now. And we don’t have to pay TEs. That’s the only position that is decent in Jimbos offense. We have players coming from across the world reclassifying just to get on board. We got the number 1 TE in the country flipping just so he can compete with the number 3 TE. 

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

Doesn't matter how a kid gets the money to me, just they don't get it until they have graduated from college, with a major!!!! 

Education is very important to most everyone, so to make sure they get their education--they can't have their NIL, LOI money until they graduate from the university that provided those funds. I don't think that is too much to ask. 

Agree with this 100%

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Hey stop saying 300k. We’ve already established it was 30mil now. And we don’t have to pay TEs. That’s the only position that is decent in Jimbos offense. We have players coming from across the world reclassifying just to get on board. We got the number 1 TE in the country flipping just so he can compete with the number 3 TE. 

He’s only flipping because the TE’s make so much in NIL and bag money

Top 5 2022 Recruiting Classes & W/L record

1. Texas A&M 8-4

2. Alabama 13-1

3. Georgia 13-1

4. Ohio State 11-2

5. Texas 5-7

2 of these things ain’t like the others. I think we can all agree that NIL has changed the game. Maybe it’s made it more fair. Maybe it’s made it where the donors can buy teams. Maybe it’s just the Spider-Man meme. Everybody’s doing it but some ain’t doing it as well as others.6510B44B-F8AD-45FC-B2DA-2E4796AB68F4.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

1. Texas A&M 8-4

2. Alabama 13-1

3. Georgia 13-1

4. Ohio State 11-2

5. Texas 5-7

2 of these things ain’t like the others. I think we can all agree that NIL has changed the game. Maybe it’s made it more fair. Maybe it’s made it where the donors can buy teams. Maybe it’s just the Spider-Man meme. Everybody’s doing it but some ain’t doing it as well as others.6510B44B-F8AD-45FC-B2DA-2E4796AB68F4.jpeg

1&5 also the teams voted most likely to opt out/not play a bowl game

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

^ To piggyback off that if Team A is known as the school that Kickers get $10k, what’s to keep Team B from offering $11-15k if they want the kid? The NCAA,or as Coach Doeren called them “No Clue At All”, messed up by not hammering down the rules instead of going Wild West Style.

should be public. My question is with NIL, is the college player still considered amatuer. If not what is keeping them from going to NFL as soon as their is an opportunity.

Why should a kicker who can hit from 61 yds and is not getting big NIL bucks stay in college  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

They trust it until it involves their team. Then it’s okay. All fun and games til your coach’s wife’s monkey bites someone. 

Do you know hard it is to pay off a lawsuit in singles?

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

1. Texas A&M 8-4

2. Alabama 13-1

3. Georgia 13-1

4. Ohio State 11-2

5. Texas 5-7

3 of those 5 are 10+ years ahead  on the payments for LOI….

1 hour ago, osup116 said:

should be public. My question is with NIL, is the college player still considered amatuer. If not what is keeping them from going to NFL as soon as their is an opportunity.

Why should a kicker who can hit from 61 yds and is not getting big NIL bucks stay in college  

What happens when the NFL removes the 3 years removed from High School rule?

Did Texas A&M’s blatant cheating this cycle eclipse Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze? — Stephen R.

What was the driving force behind Texas A&Ms historic class? I know Jimbo Fisher built a strong recruiting organization but this haul sort of came out of nowhere. Is this a one off or should we get used to Texas A&M in the top five? — Jeff H.

When Harold Perkins of Cypress (Texas) Cy Park announced his commitment to A&M over the weekend, it gave the Aggies six five-stars and 16 top-100 prospects in the Class of 2022. And they could tie the record for the most five-star prospects in a single class if they land defensive lineman Shemar Stewart of Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace. The Aggies are about to sign the best class in modern recruiting history. That, of course, is the biggest story of this cycle.

Guess what? Everyone who is jealous of Texas A&M’s success has accused Fisher and his staff of cheating.

My hope was that baseless cheating accusations would die with the introduction of name, image and likeness. I, unfortunately, was wrong.

Nobody is saying cheating doesn’t happen in college football recruiting. Of course it does. But what proof do Stephen and the thousands of other people who make similar statements have? Or are these just angry comments because you’re blown away by what the Aggies are doing? In the NIL era, it is perfectly legal for boosters to set up whatever financial circumstances they want for the players on the team. Even if NIL money is the reason everyone is going to Texas A&M, is that against the rules? Are you mad players are making more money? Does it annoy you that your school isn’t paying as much?

Great recruiters always go above and beyond — hopefully within the rules — to squeeze the very most value they can out of every situation. If Texas A&M figured out a financial system that can benefit its athletes better than those at other schools, then why is that a bad thing? To me, in a world where it is legal, I’d just put that under the umbrella of top-notch recruiting.

I can bet one thing: If A&M’s class was built based solely off of NIL money, competing programs and coaches are aware of it and they’ll adapt in the next cycle to ensure A&M doesn’t run away with the top class once again. When someone is good at something, what happens? Others take note and try it, too.

Do I believe that NIL money has something to do with what has made Texas A&M a more attractive landing spot in this cycle? Sure I do. Texas A&M has always been a solid recruiting outfit, but Fisher and his staff are recruiting at a level that is making Alabama’s head turn. That’s a hard thing to do. But guess what? I also don’t think it’s bad. If rich people who support Texas A&M want to toss cash at athletes who haven’t performed yet, let them do it. It’s about time these players earned as much money as humanly possible. The hard part is that NIL deals aren’t public record so getting into specifics of who is getting what isn’t possible.

So when you ask what is the driving force behind Texas A&M’s class, it’s a lot of things. One, the Aggies have done a tremendous job in the Houston area. Fisher, who won a national championship at Florida State, has proven to be a very good recruiter. And in recruiting — a world where these prospects are friends and communicate daily — momentum is real. Texas A&M has all the momentum in the world. These guys want to play with each other, and this class is truly something special.

It’ll take a few more classes like this for Texas A&M to reach Alabama’s level in total talent, but it’s a nice start.

If you’re getting angry by what A&M is doing — which is certainly within the new rules of this sport — I’d challenge you to ask yourself why? I bet the answer is because your favorite school isn’t doing the same.

The good news for the angry people? Other programs will adapt, and the playing field will be evened out a bit. For now, I think Texas A&M deserves a pat on the back for doing whatever it can to bring this much talent into the program. If you’re bothered by it, that’s your problem.

It’s so funny to me how everyone is accusing A&M of cheating without a shred of proof. Multiple fan bases. Many that don’t even go head to head with A&M for recruits. It’s comical how some idiots can believe a comment from another idiot on twitter and then run with the idea. 

5 hours ago, osup116 said:

Nothing is keeping them from going to the NFL as soon as they are eligible. That is why so many are now leaving as soon as they can. Lots of underclassmen leaving each and every year. 

That is why the NIL, LOI money needs to be placed in a nice interest bearing account, and it is their money once they have their degree from the university. What is going on is nothing more than a "NCAA legal way to buy players". So the rich will continue to be rich and the poor will either pay more or go poor. Pretty simple scheme. And of course, we should all know that it will work out wonderfully because it started in California and we all know how well they run their state. :rofl:

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

1. Texas A&M 8-4

2. Alabama 13-1

3. Georgia 13-1

4. Ohio State 11-2

5. Texas 5-7

221117B2-579C-445F-AF8D-E0DD20DFAAF3.png

• LOL! 1

I don’t understand what the argument is here, from either side:

Non Aggies: A&M is cheating, they bought their class.

Aggies: A&M didn’t buy their class, they simply have great recruiters.

Neither of these arguments make sense, nor does it matter anyway.

For starters, if you don’t believe A&M paid recruits, you’re naive. Get mad at that all you want, but it is what it is. The coaches on this staff have been doing this a long time, and have never put a class like this together. So it’s just coincidence that it happens the first year of the NIL? 
And that brings me to the other argument. Of course A&M bought their class. Want proof? Who cares. Why? Because they’re ALLOWED to do it now!! Hence, it’s NOT cheating! So no one needs to prove anything.

The only other thing I’ll say is, if there’s any program out there that doesn’t like what A&M did, or what Texas is doing, then they may want to get with it, because that’s the door the NCAA opened. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t understand what the argument is here, from either side:

Non Aggies: A&M is cheating, they bought their class.

Aggies: A&M didn’t buy their class, they simply have great recruiters.

Neither of these arguments make sense, nor does it matter anyway.

For starters, if you don’t believe A&M paid recruits, you’re naive. Get mad at that all you want, but it is what it is. The coaches on this staff have been doing this a long time, and have never put a class like this together. So it’s just coincidence that it happens the first year of the NIL? 
And that brings me to the other argument. Of course A&M bought their class. Want proof? Want proof? Who cares. Why? Because they’re ALLOWED to do it now!! Hence, it’s NOT cheating! So no one needs to prove anything.

The only other thing I’ll say is, if there’s any program out there that doesn’t like what A&M did, or what Texas is doing, then they may want to get with it, because that’s the door the NCAA opened. 

1000% this

• Mr. P locked this topic