👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

So everyone that’s not Texas is paying recruits illegally now and has been for some time. Gotcha. 

Your Aggie paranoia must be tough to live with.  Let me translate ….. 3 of those 5 (Georgia, Bama and Ohio State) are about 10 years or more ahead of everybody else in paying players.   I didn’t say it was aTm, the Aggy in you assumed I meant you guys.  Take a chill pill fella

There’s a difference in cheating and NIL.  There will have to be proof of where the $ came from, when it was paid, and what it was for.  “I don’t Know” won’t be an acceptable answer during an investigation.  Documentation will be key.  There will be investigations

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

There’s a difference in cheating and NIL.  There will have to be proof of where the $ came from, when it was paid, and what it was for.  “I don’t Know” won’t be an acceptable answer during an investigation.  Documentation will be key.  There will be investigations

Let me fill you in on something big guy. The ncaa isn’t investigating A&M just because a few of you butthurt fans think something is fishy.

The NCAA isn’t touching anyone with this anyways. They intentionally left this with tons of grey areas and left the rule book hidden in a drawer somewhere while everyone just figures this out as they go. The NCAA has let many teams slide on many things for decades and they aren’t about to open up Pandora’s box of paying players just to investigate teams with the only evidence being some crybaby fans of opposing teams. 

30 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Let me fill you in on something big guy. The ncaa isn’t investigating A&M just because a few of you butthurt fans think something is fishy.

The NCAA isn’t touching anyone with this anyways. They intentionally left this with tons of grey areas and left the rule book hidden in a drawer somewhere while everyone just figures this out as they go. The NCAA has let many teams slide on many things for decades and they aren’t about to open up Pandora’s box of paying players just to investigate teams with the only evidence being some crybaby fans of opposing teams. 

WHERE DID I SAY TEXAS A&M WAS BEING INVESTIGATED????????

I’ll tell you big guy.  I DIDN’T!!!!!!!

the investigations will come in a few years, after 80% of the FBS complains or files some sort of lawsuit for not enforcing the rules.  It’s coming 

14 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

The Texas NIL deals are advertised and on top of the table for all to see.  That’s smart to me.  It’s being said that the kids signing with aTm are receiving the money just for signing their LOI and the donors are calling it NIL.  If they’re willing to pay why not do it above and not under the table.  NIL is legal, buying recruits is still illegal.  There’s a difference.  My guess is aTm will be investigated long before Texas is.  

This is you just 14 hours ago. Why don’t you sit down now. You’ve made yourself look like a fool long enough. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is you just 14 hours ago. Why don’t you sit down now. You’ve made yourself look like a fool long enough. 

“It’s been said….”.  I didn’t say they did, I said the rumors are….  Then followed it up with IF they were, then why not do it on top of the table.  

I still stand by the statement about aTm being investigated before Texas.  Texas is showing the NIL stuff in the open.  IF aTm’s payments truly are NIL driven, why not make them public info?  

15 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

“It’s been said….”.  I didn’t say they did, I said the rumors are….  Then followed it up with IF they were, then why not do it on top of the table.  

I still stand by the statement about aTm being investigated before Texas.  Texas is showing the NIL stuff in the open.  IF aTm’s payments truly are NIL driven, why not make them public info?  

Texas is showing some of their stuff in the open. You don’t know anymore about what’s going on under the table at Texas than you do what’s happening with A&M. 

I already told you. I heard banks got a 5 mil deal from Texas. Stewart got 30mil from A&M. Prove me wrong. 

Think about it another way… If you think A&M bought this class under the table, do you really think they would have let themselves get “outbid” for Banks when all he’s allegedly getting is the 50k or whatever it is? According to you guys A&M bought everyone else, you really think the biggest position of need on the entire team they couldn’t match or beat 50k? 

your logic is flawed. Either A&M is paying major money AND Texas is throwing around serious money under the table for banks, more than A&M even, or Texas is not doing that and neither is A&M. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say A&M bought its class but then simply let the biggest position of need not be addressed.  

The truth is A&M signed this class because OU and LSU are replacing coaches and your coach just took a team with top 15 talent and finished 5-7. It’s not strictly A&M buying a class… It was a perfect storm. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Texas is showing some of their stuff in the open. You don’t know anymore about what’s going on under the table at Texas than you do what’s happening with A&M. 

I already told you. I heard banks got a 5 mil deal from Texas. Stewart got 30mil from A&M. Prove me wrong. 

Why would the team that’s doing stuff out in the open for NIL still have to drop bags for LOI?

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Think about it another way… If you think A&M bought this class under the table, do you really think they would have let themselves get “outbid” for Banks when all he’s allegedly getting is the 50k or whatever it is? According to you guys A&M bought everyone else, you really think the biggest position of need on the entire team they couldn’t match or beat 50k? 

your logic is flawed. Either A&M is paying major money AND Texas is throwing around serious money under the table for banks, more than A&M even, or Texas is not doing that and neither is A&M. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say A&M bought its class but then simply let the biggest position of need not be addressed.  

The truth is A&M signed this class because OU and LSU are replacing coaches and your coach just took a team with top 15 talent and finished 5-7. It’s not strictly A&M buying a class… It was a perfect storm. 

I have yet to say that.  It’s been rumored, recruits talking about it on Twitter, message board talk, etc…. I have discussed all of it, but I’ve never said they were doing it.  

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Looks like we have our DC or co-DC, DJ Durkin.

I’m a fan of the hire. I think he’s an excellent DC. The think that worries me though is that we are still short a safeties coach. Unless Durkin coaches them (he never has before) then we are going to have to lose a coach to get one and I don’t want to lose any of these. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I’m a fan of the hire. I think he’s an excellent DC. The think that worries me though is that we are still short a safeties coach. Unless Durkin coaches them (he never has before) then we are going to have to lose a coach to get one and I don’t want to lose any of these. 

Whether all this is true or not, you guys are going to become the New York Yankees of college football. Buying players and hiring coaches with shady pasts. LOL! The Yankees have won a lot of Championships - it's just most people outside their immediate area hate them. I'm surprised the Aggies haven't called in Briles. 🤣

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

You sound like Pelosi--"we have to pass it to see what's in it". :rofl:

• LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Whether all this is true or not, you guys are going to become the New York Yankees of college football. Buying players and hiring coaches with shady pasts. LOL! The Yankees have won a lot of Championships - it's just most people outside their immediate area hate them. I'm surprised the Aggies haven't called in Briles. 🤣

Not even comparable situations with Briles and Durkin, but I assume you’re joking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Not me. I don’t want any of this. But that is the way the ncaa has pretty much done this. 

If they NCAA had any kind of backbone, they would have come up with this years ago, and places some stipulations upon the players and money. But they are weak and only really go after schools that are not state supported to enact their harshes penalties. 

So until we get a stronger organization, we will continue to have some overpaid "advisors" decide playoff teams and kids will get all kinds of money from schools and not really earn anything. But schools will say they got the best recruiting class--which until someone wins more than 8 regular season games a year, means very little when it comes to playoff participation. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I believe that A&M is using financial incentives to recruit players, I also believe that A&M's recruiters (and Jimbo) are actually killing it on the recruiting trail. These two concepts do not contradict nor nullify each other. 

I also believe that most (if not all) other schools are doing these kinds of shenanigans, and some programs are just doing a better job than others. The NCAA won't do ####. The death penalty days are over. NCAA has only minimal leverage, and it's fading fast. They know if they piss off the wrong program, there's gonna be a revolt, and it won't be something they can survive. The programs don't have the power. The coaches don't have the power. The players are now in control. 

Welcome to the future. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LOL said:

I believe that A&M is using financial incentives to recruit players, I also believe that A&M's recruiters (and Jimbo) are actually killing it on the recruiting trail. These two concepts do not contradict nor nullify each other. 

I also believe that most (if not all) other schools are doing these kinds of shenanigans, and some programs are just doing a better job than others. The NCAA won't do ####. The death penalty days are over. NCAA has only minimal leverage, and it's fading fast. They know if they piss off the wrong program, there's gonna be a revolt, and it won't be something they can survive. The programs don't have the power. The coaches don't have the power. The players are now in control. 

Welcome to the future. 

This is spot on. 

45 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Jimbo is a hell of a recruiter.  He is one of the main reasons LSU was so good under Saban

He’s recruited top 5ish classes for a decade now. He’s gotten 3/4 top 6 classes for A&M. This isn’t a Ole Miss type thing where they were barely recruiting top 20 but then all the sudden had the #1 class. A&M has been flirting with these types of classes for 3 years now but actually closed the guys they have been finishing second for over the last few years. 

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He’s recruited top 5ish classes for a decade now. He’s gotten 3/4 top 6 classes for A&M. This isn’t a Ole Miss type thing where they were barely recruiting top 20 but then all the sudden had the #1 class. A&M has been flirting with these types of classes for 3 years now but actually closed the guys they have been finishing second for over the last few years

And, as you mentioned: UT struggling and OU turmoil was a perfect storm for A&M. 

• Mr. P locked this topic