👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

31 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

You can't prove that any more than those that are making the claim. You have no idea if they're 'baseless'. And reading recent remarks by Ross Bjork, leads me to believe the rumors are true, as not one time did he deny the claim. 

BUT, as I've stated before, so what if they are?! Again, that's the door the NCAA opened. I, for one, don't like it, but it is what it is. 

What are you guys not getting about this…. It’s not the job of the accused to prove their “innocence.” It’s the job of the one making the claims to prove their side. This is a simple concept…

And why would Bjork deny it? It’s literally free publicity. There’s no downside to it for A&M… Recruits see it and if they are naive enough to believe it they give A&M a second look even if they aren’t getting the money. And it also means that A&M according to you guys, the richest program in the country. Capable of outspending anyone. Which only benefits the program perception. 

no. The truth is this is all butthurt by crybaby fanbases. I PROMISE you Texas isn’t letting A&M get the rep of being able to outspend them. Money is not the reason A&M signed this class. 

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What are you guys not getting about this…. It’s not the job of the accused to prove their “innocence.” It’s the job of the one making the claims to prove their side. This is a simple concept…

And why would Bjork deny it? It’s literally free publicity. There’s no downside to it for A&M… Recruits see it and if they are naive enough to believe it they give A&M a second look even if they aren’t getting the money. And it also means that A&M according to you guys, the richest program in the country. Capable of outspending anyone. Which only benefits the program perception. 

no. The truth is this is all butthurt by crybaby fanbases. I PROMISE you Texas isn’t letting A&M get the rep of being able to outspend them. Money is not the reason A&M signed this class. 

What are you not getting about it? It doesn’t matter! That’s the argument I keep making. Whether it’s true or not, it doesn’t matter. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

What are you not getting about it? It doesn’t matter! That’s the argument I keep making. Whether it’s true or not, it doesn’t matter. 

I get what you’re saying but there have been posters on this site that have bold face accused A&M of even breaking the NIL rules. Doing it “dirty and under the table” type of thing. What I’m saying is posters, you included, have basically alluded to A&M bought this class and it makes you guys look like crybabies. Why even bring up nil at all regarding A&Ms class if it doesn’t matter? Why are Texas fans complaining about A&M “buying its class” when Texas is publicly announcing deals just to entice players to look their way? 

Im just sick of the two face way of going about this. Fans will praise their own NIL deals then accuse others of being dirty and even go as far as accusing them of cheating using NIL. I agree with you it all has ruined the game overall, but it doesn’t have to turn into a pointing fingers thing for message boards. We should just accept it’s all ridiculous and let this play out. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

Let me rephrase…. Those “rumors” floating around that A&M spent 30 mil+ already just recruiting this class are baseless rumors. There’s no way random twitter posters or rival fan message boards could know these things. Even you’re assumption that they are “surely finding ways to raise the funds needed to sway” is baseless. You’re operating under the assumption that A&M only recruited this class because of NIL. You seriously think Texas, Georgia, Bama and I’ll just funnel money through a children’s hospital LSU just got outspent by A&M??? Not hardly. These studs were going to get paid wherever they went. If this assumption A&M was moneywhipping guys legal or not was true, they wouldn’t have lost out on either of the 5 star OTs who were the highest position of need on the roster. 

I think its naïve to say "A&M" (the school) spent any amount of money to get recruits to commit.  I do not put it past any booster of any school to find a way to make the dollar fit the person to get them there.  Especially not from any of the schools you mentioned above.  Let's say Bryce Young wants to go to A&M, Texas, or Florida and enters the transfer portal, but it will take $3m to get him there...  That can, and would happen.  However, I don't blame the schools, I blame the NCAA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think its naïve to say "A&M" (the school) spent any amount of money to get recruits to commit.  I do not put it past any booster of any school to find a way to make the dollar fit the person to get them there.  Especially not from any of the schools you mentioned above.  Let's say Bryce Young wants to go to A&M, Texas, or Florida and enters the transfer portal, but it will take $3m to get him there...  That can, and would happen.  However, I don't blame the schools, I blame the NCAA.

Good summary there. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, WETSU said:

Lmao. 
Not denying = admitting guilt

Hope they never serve on a jury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Grooming Santucci to be the DC when Durkin leave and Elijah to be whatever title we have to give to keep the best recruiter in the country on staff lol. 

Whatever keeps Robinson in Aggieland I’m all for it. They sent the full man press to see Shemar Stewart.

Just now, Valhalla said:

I’m not an Aggie, but that seems like a pretty underwhelming hire for the OL spot.

I was assuming it was somebody on a current staff, just waiting for the season to end. I’ll give Jimbo the benefit of the doubt. So far there hasn’t been one huge misfire at  staff hiring. Durkin and Addazio are interesting with their backgrounds.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I was assuming it was somebody on a current staff, just waiting for the season to end. I’ll give Jimbo the benefit of the doubt. So far there hasn’t been one huge misfire at  staff hiring. Durkin and Addazio are interesting with their backgrounds.

Addazio is very good from a technical standpoint. He will be a very good on the field coach. I question if he will be able to pull his weight on the recruiting trail, but at this point A&M will just spend 15mil a season on the top 2 OTs in 2023 class and call it a day lol. 

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P locked this topic