👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

57 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Hearing a bad rumor about a possible ACL injury with one of the early enrollee freshmen. Brownlow- Dindy but nothing official.

Now Jimbo doesn’t even have to pretend to let him be a DE for a couple of weeks. 

He can just move him inside for next year.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Now Jimbo doesn’t even have to pretend to let him be a DE for a couple of weeks. 

He can just move him inside for next year.

He could be a SDE. He’s every bit the athlete of Leal in and could be used inside or out. A&M runs a big DE out there often. I do agree with you though his future is at 3tech. 

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Why is there always an uncle lol.

Should have made your contract with him.

Yep. This is why people don’t “respect my decision” bs. This kid didn’t sign early because it was his lifelong dream to commit during the UA game. He commits then less than 3 weeks later is gone. This is why everyone thinks your antics and those of 99% of CFB are a joke. Be a man. Kid is a punk plain and simple. Even if he ends up at A&M eventually I’ll still believe that. I could sympathize for a kid that decommits because his HC left or something like that, but decommitting just 3 weeks after committing without a single coaching change is childish.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yep. This is why people don’t “respect my decision” bs. This kid didn’t sign early because it was his lifelong dream to commit during the UA game. He commits then less than 3 weeks later is gone. This is why everyone thinks your antics and those of 99% of CFB are a joke. Be a man. Kid is a punk plain and simple. Even if he ends up at A&M eventually I’ll still believe that. I could sympathize for a kid that decommits because his HC left or something like that, but decommitting just 3 weeks after committing without a single coaching change is childish.

Maybe he got a better offer $$$$$$$$???

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, WETSU said:

Have you watched his interview from the Polynesian Bowl a few days ago? Oh my gosh. He may have talent, but good grief his attitude reminds me of TO, and trying to listen to him is as difficult as reading anything from Lion. 

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Have you watched his interview from the Polynesian Bowl a few days ago? Oh my gosh. He may have talent, but good grief his attitude reminds me of TO, and trying to listen to him is as difficult as reading anything from Lion. 

I can see Uncle in the stands, passing the collection plate around after the kid makes a play, or doesn’t.

33 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I was trying to be respectful to the kid, but he sounds like he will likely flunk out of whatever school he ends up at anyways without help. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I was trying to be respectful to the kid, but he sounds like he will likely flunk out of whatever school he ends up at anyways without help. 

He'll probably end up in the portal after 1 year anyway, regardless where he goes. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

He'll probably end up in the portal after 1 year anyway, regardless where he goes. 

Yea. My guess is playing RB at a mid major. His talent is through the roof but he doesn’t seem to have the instinct to be a linebacker. He reminds me a lot of that Texas kid from a few years ago. Elite level athlete just doesn’t have the meanness about him to play linebacker at the level of his athleticism. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WETSU said:

NIL has proven that the NCAA and its institutions are no longer doing this for educations.  NIL has also proven (which we already had an idea) that the students are not going there for the degree.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

NIL has proven that the NCAA and its institutions are no longer doing this for educations.  NIL has also proven (which we already had an idea) that the students are not going there for the degree.

It hasn’t been about degrees for some time. Most of the elite schools over the last decade are very mediocre academically. If any of these kids cared about academics at all the top 25 would look very different. Every one of these kids thinks they have nfl futures so they care more about that. 

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

And don't get me wrong... I was for kids getting paid...  I just thought the NCAA would set some guidelines up for it to keep it under control.  You thought, this year was crazy, wait until the next year and the year after that.  Someone is always going to be setting the bar with everyone else meeting it or exceeding it the next year.  

I am not sure there should be a cap on how much money a player should make.  I do believe if it was structured or in compliance with a school official it could be more organized.  Why is this player getting $100k from ________ LLC?  Or $15k from ________ Inc?  Are they getting paid to have their face on a billboard, or their voice on a commercial or to be the official __________ of Joe Blowtana?  

I feel to make NIL legit, the player/players who accept money from a company need to provide a service or their actual NIL.  You can't just pay them to pay them...  That ruins the whole idea and the literal meaning of "Name, Image, and Likeness"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

And don't get me wrong... I was for kids getting paid...  I just thought the NCAA would set some guidelines up for it to keep it under control.  You thought, this year was crazy, wait until the next year and the year after that.  Someone is always going to be setting the bar with everyone else meeting it or exceeding it the next year.  

I am not sure there should be a cap on how much money a player should make.  I do believe if it was structured or in compliance with a school official it could be more organized.  Why is this player getting $100k from ________ LLC?  Or $15k from ________ Inc?  Are they getting paid to have their face on a billboard, or their voice on a commercial or to be the official __________ of Joe Blowtana?  

I feel to make NIL legit, the player/players who accept money from a company need to provide a service or their actual NIL.  You can't just pay them to pay them...  That ruins the whole idea and the literal meaning of "Name, Image, and Likeness"

That is what it was supposed to be.

32 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That is what it was supposed to be.

That's the funny part.  It was supposed to be that, and it was literally all the players were fighting for.  Then the NCAA fudged it up by basically saying "Yes, you can pay them for their NIL."  Which, in its context, can mean you can pay them to just look good and go to the school you want them to.  

It was just another failure of the the NCAA... (see other thread)... 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

D33B1ED7-1903-4566-9599-1E0FFB44D297.png

The math on this isn’t adding up…I’ve been assured by other fanbases A&M spent 35-40 mil on this class. At 27 commits that’s around 1.3 million per recruit. 

also it’s been reported that Evan Stewart received a 800k nil deal. If that’s true that means that the other 26 players only received 955k between all 26 them based off the player average provided. so either Evan Stewart is the only one who got paid big money or the numbers are off. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

The math on this isn’t adding up…I’ve been assured by other fanbases A&M spent 35-40 mil on this class. At 27 commits that’s around 1.3 million per recruit. 

also it’s been reported that Evan Stewart received a 800k nil deal. If that’s true that means that the other 26 players only received 955k between all 26 them based off the player average provided. so either Evan Stewart is the only one who got paid big money or the numbers are off. 

@WETSU Coworker has a On3 account. Its crazy the details they have on guys NIL. How many followers across different social media platforms. How much one post on Twitter is valued compared to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, whatever else. 

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

D33B1ED7-1903-4566-9599-1E0FFB44D297.png

Wow! No wonder A&M has a top 3 class. Money whipping all the big programs! I had a feeling something like this was happening for a program like A&M to shoot up the Recruiting rankings this year. Hopefully, Texas will take note.

6 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Wow! No wonder A&M has a top 3 class. Money whipping all the big programs! I had a feeling something like this was happening for a program like A&M to shoot up the Recruiting rankings this year. Hopefully, Texas will take note.

Lol. Texas isn’t the program they think they are or else they would have never let “little brother” outspend them. 

btw all these numbers are BS. Texas already said it was 50k for every player yet their average on this was 40k. Either the program lied or this is wrong. I’d venture towards this is inaccurate. 

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

@WETSU Coworker has a On3 account. Its crazy the details they have on guys NIL. How many followers across different social media platforms. How much one post on Twitter is valued compared to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, whatever else. 

Yea people think  Evan Stewart got paid just to come to A&M. They don’t factor in that his twitter following his enormous. He’s truly a marketing asset not just pay for play type player. It’s just sour grapes. There’s not a high school kid alive that passes up millions of a nfl contract for a few hundred thousand. It not be developed. People have a hard time accepting that A&M as a program is just as capable as “the big boys” of college football. They truly think A&M only bought this class. Let them think that. 

• Mr. P locked this topic