👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The other reason is something we’ve already talked about. Perfect storm of LSU, Texas and OU all being down or new coaches. 

Yes a handful of kids are thinking that, but it matters very little to most recruits. I have spoken to a 5 star about this personally. 

"Clout" is the new coin of the realm. It's becoming increasingly clear that the old rules of recruiting are gone. Not even Saban can just flash his rings at every five-star and expect to win them over. More and more kids are wanting to "be a part of something."

You can see that in programs like Georgia and A&M making the strides they've made the last couple years. If nothing else it explains why some certain five-stars would chose to be a part of a mediocre program than a much stronger one

Some are chasing the big payoff, some are chasing personal fame...  but most of the best ones are winners, and they want to be a part of a winner. If a coach can articulate that vision, he can win over the best of the best. 

Just now, LOL said:

"Clout" is the new coin of the realm. It's becoming increasingly clear that the old rules of recruiting are gone. Not even Saban can just flash his rings at every five-star and expect to win them over. More and more kids are wanting to "be a part of something."

You can see that in programs like Georgia and A&M making the strides they've made the last couple years. If nothing else it explains why some certain five-stars would chose to be a part of a mediocre program than a much stronger one

Some are chasing the big payoff, some are chasing personal fame...  but most of the best ones are winners, and they want to be a part of a winner. If a coach can articulate that vision, he can win over the best of the best. 

Perfectly said. This class is close. Go look at them and their social media feeds. Bobby Taylor did more for this class than any amount of NIL money. These kids want to build something in CS. They want to do it together. 

if this class was bought you would see a bunch of MEs and that’s not what this class looks like at all. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Perfectly said. This class is close. Go look at them and their social media feeds. Bobby Taylor did more for this class than any amount of NIL money. These kids want to build something in CS. They want to do it together. 

if this class was bought you would see a bunch of MEs and that’s not what this class looks like at all. 

Kiyaunta Goodwin would have been a Ag if we were paying like they said we were. A&M, Kentucky or Michigan State? 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If it was why didn’t A&M fill it’s biggest position of needs? You’re dead wrong. Sour grapes bud. The reason A&M signed this class is because they bet the farm on beating Bama with all of these recruits present. I was there. Top 5 atmosphere in college football history. It was electric. Those kids were sold after that. The other reason is something we’ve already talked about. Perfect storm of LSU, Texas and OU all being down or new coaches. 

You guys really are believing that A&M needed to pay all these DL guys yet missed other positions? If you’re gonna money whip the best class of all time like you claim, you don’t lose Banks, Perkins or anyone else you want. 

What you and the rest of college football needs to understand is that not every kid cares about money. This is not a “I’ll go to the highest bidder” situation for everyone. Yes a handful of kids are thinking that, but it matters very little to most recruits. I have spoken to a 5 star about this personally. 

You are very naive! It's all about the money. 

• Prayers 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

If it was why didn’t A&M fill it’s biggest position of needs? You’re dead wrong. Sour grapes bud. The reason A&M signed this class is because they bet the farm on beating Bama with all of these recruits present. I was there. Top 5 atmosphere in college football history. It was electric. Those kids were sold after that. The other reason is something we’ve already talked about. Perfect storm of LSU, Texas and OU all being down or new coaches. 

You guys really are believing that A&M needed to pay all these DL guys yet missed other positions? If you’re gonna money whip the best class of all time like you claim, you don’t lose Banks, Perkins or anyone else you want. 

What you and the rest of college football needs to understand is that not every kid cares about money. This is not a “I’ll go to the highest bidder” situation for everyone. Yes a handful of kids are thinking that, but it matters very little to most recruits. I have spoken to a 5 star about this personally. 

I’ve stayed out of all this because it really doesn’t matter, but if the tables were turned you’d be all about Texas paying players big money. In fact you did it for years on here always talking about Red McCombs paying under the table. Yeah you beat Bama, but you lost to Ole Miss and unranked Miss St and LSU. 

Now there’s rumor of a top 2023 prospect reclassifying to 2022 so he can play this year at A&M. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s most likely a duck. The bottom line is that none of it matters because it’s legal. It will all come out down the road someday. Maybe you guys will get a NC out of it. I suspect a multipart series on ESPN a few years from now that’s all about the Transfer Portal and NIL and how both has corrupted college football. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

You are very naive! It's all about the money. 

No you’re very arrogant. You don’t know these kids. You have absolutely no proof of any of what you’re saying. You’ve literally got kids on record in A&Ms class saying it’s not about money. Walter Nolan and Shemar Stewart said this week if it was about money they were getting better NIL deals from local schools because they are already a big name in their area. 

You and everyone else are talking out of your butts about this. I’m not saying these kids aren’t getting money, but straight from their mouth they are saying it’s not the biggest factor in their recruitment. Yet you tools think you know better simply because you can’t accept your own programs got “beat” by “little brother.” 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No you’re very arrogant. You don’t know these kids. You have absolutely no proof of any of what you’re saying. You’ve literally got kids on record in A&Ms class saying it’s not about money. Walter Nolan and Shemar Stewart said this week if it was about money they were getting better NIL deals from local schools because they are already a big name in their area. 

You and everyone else are talking out of your butts about this. I’m not saying these kids aren’t getting money, but straight from their mouth they are saying it’s not the biggest factor in their recruitment. Yet you tools think you know better simply because you can’t accept your own programs got “beat” by “little brother.” 

Obviously they are going to say that. I’m not saying it’s only about money, but it helps… A LOT!

4 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I’ve stayed out of all this because it really doesn’t matter, but if the tables were turned you’d be all about Texas paying players big money. In fact you did it for years on here always talking about Red McCombs paying under the table. Yeah you beat Bama, but you lost to Ole Miss and unranked Miss St and LSU. 

Now there’s rumor of a top 2023 prospect reclassifying to 2022 so he can play this year at A&M. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it’s most likely a duck. The bottom line is that none of it matters because it’s legal. It will all come out down the road someday. Maybe you guys will get a NC out of it. I suspect a multipart series on ESPN a few years from now that’s all about the Transfer Portal and NIL and how both has corrupted college football. 

Your logic only makes sense one way. There’s two sides to this. Why would A&M buy its class and literally take 7-8 top DL players yet neglect its most needed positions. If they are buying guys they would have everything they needed and not filled up in positions they can’t possibly keep everyone happy at. 

The kid is reclassified because he sees what A&M just brought in and wants to not be behind the 8 ball next year. He will enter campus (if he even chooses A&M) on equal footing with the guys he’s competing against not a year behind in the learning curve. 

Just now, Lhornfan said:

Obviously they are going to say that. I’m not saying it’s only about money, but it helps… A LOT!

It helped everyone else too? You really think that Oregon, Bama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio st just let A&M outspend them knowing full well they had the green light to pay players? Hell no. You guys are fooling yourself. You’re trying to come up with whatever you can to justify this when I’ve already given it to you. 

it’s not about money. It’s about everyone else in the region being down for starters, and then once a few committed to A&M they really unified the class. Bobby Taylor has built this class closer than any group I’ve ever seen entering college. The unity is what led to big fish jumping in. You’re kidding yourself if you think those other schools let little ole A&M outspend them. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Your logic only makes sense one way. There’s two sides to this. Why would A&M buy its class and literally take 7-8 top DL players yet neglect its most needed positions. If they are buying guys they would have everything they needed and not filled up in positions they can’t possibly keep everyone happy at. 

The kid is reclassified because he sees what A&M just brought in and wants to not be behind the 8 ball next year. He will enter campus (if he even chooses A&M) on equal footing with the guys he’s competing against not a year behind in the learning curve. 

I’ve got a strong feeling you guys are about to see 50+ passing attempts against you per game with the majority of them being screens and picks. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

It helped everyone else too? You really think that Oregon, Bama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio st just let A&M outspend them knowing full well they had the green light to pay players? Hell no. You guys are fooling yourself. You’re trying to come up with whatever you can to justify this when I’ve already given it to you. 

it’s not about money. It’s about everyone else in the region being down for starters, and then once a few committed to A&M they really unified the class. Bobby Taylor has built this class closer than any group I’ve ever seen entering college. The unity is what led to big fish jumping in. You’re kidding yourself if you think those other schools let little ole A&M outspend them. 

A&M has been out spending most schools recently in regards to athletics. Kudos to your donors.

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

I’ve got a strong feeling you guys are about to see 50+ passing attempts against you per game with the majority of them being screens and picks. 

Bring it on. We got a very solid 2 deep for depth lol. Which was also a selling point. These guys on the DL were sold on depth and rotation. In todays college game you are better off being fresh for 25 plays a game then playing 75% for 40 plays. That message isn’t lost on some kids. 

A&M also recruited a hell of a secondary. Really there’s only two spots in this entire class that aren’t elite and it’s LB and OT. The two spots A&M had elite players at but apparently were outbid according to you guys. 

I dont know if A&M "bought" all these 5* or not but it is an amazing class. With coaches making $millions I am not opposed to players getting compensated but I hope the NIL thing does not devolve into some 5* QB having Bama on one line and Ohio St on the other and going "Coach Saban offered me $xxxxx...can you top that Coach Day?". College football has already become a mostly regional game and I hope money does not end up killing the golden goose.

3 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

A&M has been out spending most schools recently in regards to athletics. Kudos to your donors.

https://www.on3.com/news/top-25-highest-spending-college-football-programs-nation-richest-ohio-state-michigan-texas-alabama/

Ohio State – $215,209,566
Michigan – $180,841,523
Texas – $173,648,028
Alabama – $173,141,125
Texas A&M – $159,136,624
Penn State – $157,908,311
Oklahoma – $157,494,527
Florida State – $155,656,855
LSU – $155,591,015
Wisconsin – $149,196,055

So the biggest fanbases complaining about this are the ones with the biggest budgets. 

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Apparently Bobby Taylor and Julian Humphrey have beef, that’s why A&M was never in on him. 

That’s interesting. Worth the trade though. Bobby is a very good player in his own right, but his recruiting prowess is worth the scholarship even if he never plays a down. He’s already hitting the 2023 class hard. 

Also just read the Overton kid reclassifying was born in CS and spent a lot of time there over the years. But let’s run with the the rumor A&M felt the need to pay yet another DL to join the class. 

if you’re really worried about money you draw out your recruitment and squeeze every dollar. Not shut it down a year early to a school that apparently just paid 5 other studs at your same position. People are something else lol 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s interesting. Worth the trade though. Bobby is a very good player in his own right, but his recruiting prowess is worth the scholarship even if he never plays a down. He’s already hitting the 2023 class hard. 

6F3286A4-D2DA-4A00-BEF0-82395D264940.png

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

https://www.on3.com/news/top-25-highest-spending-college-football-programs-nation-richest-ohio-state-michigan-texas-alabama/

Ohio State – $215,209,566
Michigan – $180,841,523
Texas – $173,648,028
Alabama – $173,141,125
Texas A&M – $159,136,624
Penn State – $157,908,311
Oklahoma – $157,494,527
Florida State – $155,656,855
LSU – $155,591,015
Wisconsin – $149,196,055

So the biggest fanbases complaining about this are the ones with the biggest budgets. 

Well I hope you don’t think I’m complaining. I’m just laughing at those that don’t think there is significant money involved. I also think we paid our new QB big bucks. I guess Jimbo can make the NIL deals public to shut people up, but he did say “that we know of” in his rant. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Also just read the Overton kid reclassifying was born in CS and spent a lot of time there over the years. But let’s run with the the rumor A&M felt the need to pay yet another DL to join the class. 

if you’re really worried about money you draw out your recruitment and squeeze every dollar. Not shut it down a year early to a school that apparently just paid 5 other studs at your same position. People are something else lol 

I didn’t know he was a CS kid. Makes sense now. It’s still crazy with that line class, that the kid wants to reclassify and join. 

Man I knew that Overton kid that’s reclassifying is good, but he might have been the number 1 DL in this class. Dude played varsity in the 8th grade at Milton… 

Saw it posted On3 has him in their rankings adjustment as the number 8 overall player. 

2 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Well I hope you don’t think I’m complaining. I’m just laughing at those that don’t think there is significant money involved. I also think we paid our new QB big bucks. I guess Jimbo can make the NIL deals public to shut people up, but he did say “that we know of” in his rant. 

You’re confusing money being involved vs money making a difference. I absolutely think there’s money involved with these kids. But money was involved everywhere. These guys were going to get paid anywhere they went. It’s not like Texas, LSU and OU were coming Off playoff appearances and A&M just outspent them… You cannot look at the class in a vacuum and think money. You have to look at everything. It all played a factor. I don’t think these A&M players will “hurt” for NIL money by any means. But I also think you guys are saying the only thing that matters was money and if that were true, I just showed you that there are several people just as hungry to win as A&M in terms of money so it’s o my logical they would offer money as well right? 

There’s just way too many baseless accusations going around. If we see these deals A&M got and they are substantially higher than everyone else’s, that’s an argument worth having. But right now it’s nothing more than sour grapes because you guys read an internet rumor from sliced bread…. 

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I didn’t know he was a CS kid. Makes sense now. It’s still crazy with that line class, that the kid wants to reclassify and join. 

Like I posted above I think it 100% is he wants to be on equal footing with these guys and not be trying to give the 1 year head start. He’s matured enough physically that he is on their level right now.  But he would be a little behind the experience curve if he doesn’t jump on board now. I think it’s an extremely smart and tactical move by the kid. 

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont know if A&M "bought" all these 5* or not but it is an amazing class. With coaches making $millions I am not opposed to players getting compensated but I hope the NIL thing does not devolve into some 5* QB having Bama on one line and Ohio St on the other and going "Coach Saban offered me $xxxxx...can you top that Coach Day?". College football has already become a mostly regional game and I hope money does not end up killing the golden goose.

Sadly, it will. There is going to be one conference and then everybody else. The SEC will have 24-30 teams and that'll be college football. With Texas and OU joining, I'd guess that a few more big teams will join and it'll basically be a minor league for the NFL.

I could see PAC12 and B1G getting left out. Remember, there was a HUGE power play going on last year before the season when those 2 conferences tried to cancel the 2020 football season and the others said, "No." They IMMEDIATELY reversed course and had seasons. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic