👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol, so basically you're saying that all of the recruits are publicly lying and that a guy named SlicedBread on BroBible is more credible? 

Awesome.

Well I’m not going to be that extreme, but we are all kidding ourselves if we don’t agree that recruits, regardless of school, were told to be hush hush about their deals. 

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Well I’m not going to be that extreme, but we are all kidding ourselves if we don’t agree that recruits, regardless of school, were told to be hush hush about their deals. 

Yes I agree with that. What I don’t agree with is you’re openly saying that schools are keeping things hush hush, yet you are all over the notion that A&M outspent the competition this cycle. That everything is about money. That’s a bold assumptions in direct contradiction of recruits and coaches at A&M. It’s legal now. Why hide it? Look at what Texas did… they actually flexed with their NIL deal in the open to attract recruits. Do you honestly believe if A&M spent the 30+mil tossed around they wouldn’t be bragging about it? you would see Jimbo using it like a recruiting tool the same way Saban did with bragging how much his QB made last year. 

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes I agree with that. What I don’t agree with is you’re openly saying that schools are keeping things hush hush, yet you are all over the notion that A&M outspent the competition this cycle. That everything is about money. That’s a bold assumptions in direct contradiction of recruits and coaches at A&M. It’s legal now. Why hide it? Look at what Texas did… they actually flexed with their NIL deal in the open to attract recruits. Do you honestly believe if A&M spent the 30+mil tossed around they wouldn’t be bragging about it? you would see Jimbo using it like a recruiting tool the same way Saban did with bragging how much his QB made last year. 

I personally don’t think A&M spent anything near 30 million. I do think they put together some great deals. I haven’t stated anything with certainty. It does seem odd that Jimbo signs 4-5 five stars his first four years, goes 4-4 in their division, and signs 7 five star players. I don’t know why some of you guys are so upset about it anyway. I work with four Aggies daily and they all laugh about it. Tell me that my school needs to step it up. And many seem to forget that these coaches lie to the press all the time. But now that Jimbo is in CS he’s incapable of being dishonest. I don’t know if he’s telling the truth or not, and it really doesn’t matter. 
And no I don’t think Jimbo would brag about it because that puts more pressure on him and his staff. You would also have the haters that would state that he bought a championship if you guys won one. These are just my opinions. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lhornfan said:

I personally don’t think A&M spent anything near 30 million. I do think they put together some great deals. I haven’t stated anything with certainty. It does seem odd that Jimbo signs 4-5 five stars his first four years, goes 4-4 in their division, and signs 7 five star players. I don’t know why some of you guys are so upset about it anyway. I work with four Aggies daily and they all laugh about it. Tell me that my school needs to step it up. And many seem to forget that these coaches lie to the press all the time. But now that Jimbo is in CS he’s incapable of being dishonest. I don’t know if he’s telling the truth or not, and it really doesn’t matter. 
And no I don’t think Jimbo would brag about it because that puts more pressure on him and his staff. You would also have the haters that would state that he bought a championship if you guys won one. These are just my opinions. 

It’s the same way Texas has been bringing in top 10 classes the last 10 years. Results do not sell. Potential does. It always has. Recruits do not care about games won or lost before they were there. They care about in terms of wins and losses are is there the chance to win games here. Is the potential with this school and this coach good enough. 
The only results that matter are extremely recent ones and that’s more along the lines of “will this coach be in the hot seat during my time” sort of thinking. 

A&M, despite going 8-4, has an incredibly high ceiling for the next 3-4 years. One can argue only 4-5teams in the entire country are set up as well for the next 4 years. And that is what sold these kids. They saw a good team on the cusp with a very stable coaching staff and the chance to go down in history as the class that turned the corner for A&M. Money was a part of it but much smaller than you guys are thinking imo. 

• LOL! 1

The Aggies right now sort of make me think of the Longhorns in the early years of the Mack Brown Era.

Recruiting was out of this world great and they hadn’t won anything yet, but they began putting up 11 win seasons and then finally broke through.

Your Fighting Texas A&M Aggies could be on the same track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

The Aggies right now sort of make me think of the Longhorns in the early years of the Mack Brown Era.

Recruiting was out of this world great and they hadn’t won anything yet, but they began putting up 11 win seasons and then finally broke through.

There are a ton of similarities in Jimbo and Mack I think. At least in terms of how they handle a room, how they handle their staffs, how they put extreme emphasis on recruiting… You may be joking about the comparisons but this class does have a Mack Brown 01 feel to it. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

There are a ton of similarities in Jimbo and Mack I think. At least in terms of how they handle a room, how they handle their staffs, how they put extreme emphasis on recruiting… You may be joking about the comparisons but this class does have a Mack Brown 01 feel to it. 

You Aggie fans gotta learn how act like a big boy program. 

When the accusations come just own it or ignore it. College sports is rivalry, it won’t matter what y’all say, you’re rivals won’t believe you and it doesn’t matter. Talk your talk and enjoy your success, let the haters hate. 
You don’t have to answer questions unless you get caught cheating. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

I am not joking at all, none. If A&M keeps recruiting like this it’ll be hard not to win big.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 11:26 AM, Nick2011 said:

Not sure why people are so surprised with A&M finishing with the #1 class. Jimbo has always recruited very well. No surprise to me. 

FC2B819C-97E0-443E-BA75-93430CB315B2.jpeg

I don't think it's so much people questioning A&M finishing with the #1 class, as much as finishing with the #1 class of all time, with it just so happening the first year with the NIL. 

One can argue that's it pure coincidence, one can argue that there is something more to it. Either way, from A&M's perspective, they simply have to approach it as JustAFan said...Own it, or ignore it.

I'll also echo one other statement I've seen made, this absolutely puts more pressure on Fisher. I read something this morning that every #1 recruiting class since 2011 has played for a National Championship. 

Awww03A053A2-1774-4B45-A616-C590A53BB435.png

One of these teams was coming off a 9-1 season, won a major bowl game, had preseason hype of being a CFP team. They also had a large group of highly rated talent right in their backyard. That same group got to see the team recruiting them knock off the #1 team at home. One of these teams went 5-7 and lost to Kansas at home. I’m not saying NIL didn’t help some teams more but I’m also not saying all teams didn’t benefit from NIL. 

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

One of these teams was coming off a 9-1 season, won a major bowl game, had preseason hype of being a CFP team. They also had a large group of highly rated talent right in their backyard. That same group got to see the team recruiting them knock off the #1 team at home. One of these teams went 5-7 and lost to Kansas at home. I’m not saying NIL didn’t help some teams more but I’m also not saying all teams didn’t benefit from NIL. 

Watch your mouth. It’s completely normal for a 5-7 second year HC to sign a top 5 class. The only team that NIL “benefited” is obvious. 40mil goes a long way when it’s shady and under the table and not out in the open like others did. 50k guaranteed to a certain position group and then over the next 4 weeks signed the best class in the country in that position group. Nothing suspicious about that because it was in the open. Not 40 mil under the table with bagmen type suspicious. Not we paid everyone but didn’t fill out two biggest positions of need suspicious. 

37 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Here's the problems with your statement, that you aren't realizing:

And let me preface this by saying (again), I am not accusing A&M of cheating, nor doing anything outside the door of what the NCAA has opened. I'm merely sharing the other side of it, that does raise questions to some.

In the first part of your argument, you're highlighting the success from 1 year. The first problem with doing that, is it makes A&M look like you don't have successful seasons very often. The other problem with that, is this isn't the first time A&M did everything you stated, but still didn't follow it with near the success on the recruiting trail. 

Case and point, in 2012 you won 11 games, beat the #1 team on the road, and also won a major bowl game. Heck, you also added a Heisman. Where did that put you in recruiting? #9. The year before, you were 16. What was the one thing missing from that time?....the NIL. 

Secondly, you're making your argument to compare A&M with 1 other team. The problem with that, is their class is being compared to EVERY other team, not just 1. Again, you're attributing this insane class to the success of the previous year. So in 1 9 win season, with a major bowl, you surpassed even anything Alabama has ever done, with double digit win seasons every year, in the CFP conversation every year, and they too play in a major bowl, but they do so every year, and theirs is generally the largest bowl...the NC. 

THAT is why people are raising some flags. Did they cheat? I have absolutely no idea. Personally, I do believe they took advantage of the NIL, but they're also allowed to do that. Again, that's the door the NCAA has now opened. A&M just finished with the #1 class of all time. If it were me, I wouldn't care how anyone else thinks I accomplished it, I'd own that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Watch your mouth. It’s completely normal for a 5-7 second year HC to sign a top 5 class. The only team that NIL “benefited” is obvious. 40mil goes a long way when it’s shady and under the table and not out in the open like others did. 50k guaranteed to a certain position group and then over the next 4 weeks signed the best class in the country in that position group. Nothing suspicious about that because it was in the open. Not 40 mil under the table with bagmen type suspicious. Not we paid everyone but didn’t fill out two biggest positions of need suspicious. 

According to ESPN, UT has had 8 Top Ten classes and A&M has had 4 since 2011.  3 Top 5 finishes for UT and 2 for A&M in recruiting during the same period.  The composite score for that same period for UT is 9.2 and 10.3 for A&M.  I threw out the single worst year for each school as they were "anomalies" for each.  The highest previous class ranking was 3 for both schools with Texas having 2 and A&M having one.

During this time frame Texas has gone 78-60 whereas A&M has gone 85-47.

To me, this reflects the anomaly of A&M having the number 1 class as opposed to Texas having another Top 5 class.

The class rankings does not include the 2022 class.

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

According to ESPN, UT has had 8 Top Ten classes and A&M has had 4 since 2011.  3 Top 5 finishes for UT and 2 for A&M in recruiting during the same period.  The composite score for that same period for UT is 9.2 and 10.3 for A&M.  I threw out the single worst year for each school as they were "anomalies" for each.  The highest previous class ranking was 3 for both schools with Texas having 2 and A&M having one.

During this time frame Texas has gone 78-60 whereas A&M has gone 85-47.

To me, this reflects the anomaly of A&M having the number 1 class as opposed to Texas having another Top 5 class.

The class rankings does not include the 2022 class.

I’m not arguing any of that. I am not surprised in the slightest that Texas signed a top 5 class. All I was pointing out was that Texas fans have been pointing at A&M and NIL as the reason for signing the class, but NIL likely was a much larger factor for the Texas class than the A&M. At least what we can measure. It’s just speculation on the A&M side, but we have actually account for much of Texas and it’s number 1 oline. They announced the nil for every olinemen deal, then signed 2 five stars and two more 4 stars after announcing automatic NIL deals. That’s something we can measure not just speculation. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not arguing any of that. I am not surprised in the slightest that Texas signed a top 5 class. All I was pointing out was that Texas fans have been pointing at A&M and NIL as the reason for signing the class, but NIL likely was a much larger factor for the Texas class than the A&M. At least what we can measure. It’s just speculation on the A&M side, but we have actually account for much of Texas and it’s number 1 oline. They announced the nil for every olinemen deal, then signed 2 five stars and two more 4 stars after announcing automatic NIL deals. That’s something we can measure not just speculation. 

Based on what?

Texas won 5 games in 2010. Where did their recruiting class rank for the '11 class? #4. That's the point he made. REGARDLESS of records, Texas recruits well EVERY year. This isn't anything new. They signed the best DB class ever in 2018. There was no NIL. And they did that after a 7-6 season. 

Did the announced OL NIL deal help them this year, I'm sure it did, I'll never dispute that, nor should anyone else. But to imply that there is more proof of Texas benefiting from the NIL than A&M in this current overall class is not only ridiculous, it's naive. 

For A&M to sign not just the #1 class this year, but of all time, with all the reason I already stated in my other comment, is something we can measure. 

• Thanks 2

• Mr. P locked this topic