👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

Let me ask this, to ANY Aggie on this thread:

Why do you care? Why do you seem to get so riled up simply because people (and it is NOT just Texas people) are claiming A&M spent bookoo's of money for their class?

Let's just say hypothetically for a moment that A&M DID spend $30M for their class. Did the NIL put a limit on deals? No, okay. Is A&M under investigation? No, okay. So WHY care what anyone thinks?!

As I've stated countless times now, this is the door the NCAA opened. If this is what it takes to sign the #1 class of all time, then I wish Texas would shell out even more! Heck, they have more money to throw out than anyone. Until they put a limit on NIL deals, shout it from the roof top! 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Based on what?

Texas won 5 games in 2010. Where did their recruiting class rank for the '11 class? #4. That's the point he made. REGARDLESS of records, Texas recruits well EVERY year. This isn't anything new. They signed the best DB class ever in 2018. There was no NIL. And they did that after a 7-6 season. 

Did the announced OL NIL deal help them this year, I'm sure it did, I'll never dispute that, nor should anyone else. But to imply that there is more proof of Texas benefiting from the NIL than A&M in this current overall class is not only ridiculous, it's naive. 

For A&M to sign not just the #1 class this year, but of all time, with all the reason I already stated in my other comment, is something we can measure. 

Is it naive? You have ZERO proof of A&Ms NIL deals while we have Texas deals out in the open. There’s proof to the Texas deals. The 50k statement was made, 4 guys then committed. That’s not just baseless claims of paying NIL deals like what you guys are claiming is the reason for A&Ms class. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Why do you care? Why do you seem to get so riled up simply because people (and it is NOT just Texas people) are claiming A&M spent bookoo's of money for their class?

Let's just say hypothetically for a moment that A&M DID spend $30M for their class. Did the NIL put a limit on deals? No, okay. Is A&M under investigation? No, okay. So WHY care what anyone thinks?!

As I've stated countless times now, this is the door the NCAA opened. If this is what it takes to sign the #1 class of all time, then I wish Texas would shell out even more! Heck, they have more money to throw out than anyone. Until they put a limit on NIL deals, shout it from the roof top! 

We are riled up because of your belief it took A&M paying millions to sign this class. You nor anybody else has any proof of that. All I was pointing out is we do have proof of Texas NIL deals. They announced publicly then 4 guys at that position committed shortly after. That’s a direct NIL correlation. Anything you guys are talking about regarding A&M is speculation at best. And it’s fine. If everyone wants to believe A&M bought this class so be it. But you just got your panties in a wad about me insinuating Texas Oline NIL deals was more of a factor than what “might” have happened at A&M. 

The point is because you guys will passive aggressively talk about A&M buying this class then act like you guys didn’t buy yours. I promise you A&M had Banks and Perkins as two of their most needed players in the class. You really think the program that is throwing around an alleged 40 mil in recruiting just got “outbid” by Texas and their 50k guarantee at the most needed player on either team? Give me a break. Either Texas payed way more, or it was never about money with most of these kids to begin with. I think the NIL thing is so overblown it’s ridiculous. There’s probably only a handful of kids in the entire top 100 that made their decision based on money. I’d say less than 5. You really think A&M let Kentucky pay more than they did for that big OT they wanted? Give me a break guys. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t talk about how A&M basically broke the system with money yet didn’t sign their most needed positions. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Is it naive? You have ZERO proof of A&Ms NIL deals while we have Texas deals out in the open. There’s proof to the Texas deals. The 50k statement was made, 4 guys then committed. That’s not just baseless claims of paying NIL deals like what you guys are claiming is the reason for A&Ms class. 

Yes. It is absolutely, 100% naive to think the NIL had nothing to do with A&M signing the #1 class of all time. Can I prove it? No. Do I need to? No. Why not? Well, for one, because I have yet to claim that it is the reason, only that there is plenty of reason for any reasonable person to believe it. That information, I have shared. 

Did the NIL help Texas sign the OL class that they did? I'm sure that it did, just as you are. Can I, or you, prove that it is THE reason any one of these guys chose Texas? No. Once again, we don't need to. There is plenty enough reason for any reasonable person to believe it did. 

53 minutes ago, WETSU said:

We are riled up because of your belief it took A&M paying millions to sign this class. You nor anybody else has any proof of that. All I was pointing out is we do have proof of Texas NIL deals. They announced publicly then 4 guys at that position committed shortly after. That’s a direct NIL correlation. Anything you guys are talking about regarding A&M is speculation at best. And it’s fine. If everyone wants to believe A&M bought this class so be it. But you just got your panties in a wad about me insinuating Texas Oline NIL deals was more of a factor than what “might” have happened at A&M. 

The point is because you guys will passive aggressively talk about A&M buying this class then act like you guys didn’t buy yours. I promise you A&M had Banks and Perkins as two of their most needed players in the class. You really think the program that is throwing around an alleged 40 mil in recruiting just got “outbid” by Texas and their 50k guarantee at the most needed player on either team? Give me a break. Either Texas payed way more, or it was never about money with most of these kids to begin with. I think the NIL thing is so overblown it’s ridiculous. There’s probably only a handful of kids in the entire top 100 that made their decision based on money. I’d say less than 5. You really think A&M let Kentucky pay more than they did for that big OT they wanted? Give me a break guys. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t talk about how A&M basically broke the system with money yet didn’t sign their most needed positions. 

Show me a single comment I've made that proves I believe it took A&M paying millions to sign their class. Just one. Once again, all I've done is continue to provide reasonable information as to why so many would, and do, believe it. 

There's 11 pages of this thread already, most of which is Aggies defending something that doesn't even matter....and I'm the one with my panties in a wad? Okay. LOL 

As for the last part of your comment, I do agree that not every player made their commitment based on money. I also disagree with the number of kids you think made their decision based on money. You think 5 total, in all of the Top 100?! Heck, I'd bet that 5 kids from each of the Top 10 classes made their decision based on money. But to use your own point against you, the fact that all of them, even most of them, did not make their decision based on money, then of course you're not going to get every player you want. 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:26 PM, Lobo97 said:

They care, and I totally understand this, because they don't want to hear that they paid millions for a National Championship if this class leads to that success. They also care because most Aggies are extremely proud of their university and want to believe that all of this talent came to A&M because of the game atmosphere and facilities they have put together at CS - both legitimate points.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

On 2/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Lhornfan said:

They care, and I totally understand this, because they don't want to hear that they paid millions for a National Championship if this class leads to that success. They also care because most Aggies are extremely proud of their university and want to believe that all of this talent came to A&M because of the game atmosphere and facilities they have put together at CS - both legitimate points.

If A&M wins a national title with this class, I won’t give two ### what anyone says about the championship being “bought” lol

I “care” only in that I’m in the pursuit of truth (not very much- this isn’t the first bit of fake news you guys have tried to push about A&M, nor will it be the last I’m sure) and if people are coming here posting things that aren’t true, I’m going to question it. And since the claim was made by someone else, it’s on them to prove it. I’m still waiting. 

7 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

If A&M wins a national title with this class, I won’t give two ### what anyone says about the championship being “bought” lol

I “care” only in that I’m in the pursuit of truth (not very much- this isn’t the first bit of fake news you guys have tried to push about A&M, nor will it be the last I’m sure) and if people are coming here posting things that aren’t true, I’m going to question it. And since the claim was made by someone else, it’s on them to prove it. I’m still waiting. 

That’s something a lot of people struggle with. Understanding the basis that the one making claims is the one required to prove their argument, not the other way around. This is a problem in more than just sports rumors. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Understanding the basis that the one making claims is the one required to prove their argument, not the other way around. This is a problem in more than just sports rumors. 

Oh man...   don't get me started.  #PhilosophyMajor 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s something a lot of people struggle with. Understanding the basis that the one making claims is the one required to prove their argument, not the other way around. This is a problem in more than just sports rumors. 

Damn man, Maury made a great living off of this idea.

"That's not my baby.  He doesn't look like me!  I know she cheatin!"  "I ain't cheatin'!  I never cheated!"  Maury that is in fact... (commercial)  YOUR BABY!  "Nah, that will never be my baby!  I ain't payin child support!  He ain't mine!" "Yes you are (bleep)!  I told you I ain't no (bleep) cheater!  I told you I told you!  (fight)!"

This is why the Texas and Texas A&M rivalry will NEVER die.

• LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Who from the recruiting class is already on campus? 

WR Evan Stewart

DL Brownlow-Dindy

QB Weigman 

DB Denver Harris

Te Jake Johnson

DL Anthony Lucas

S Bryce Anderson

DB Groves-Killabrew

DB Bobby Taylor 

LB Ish Harris 

DB Jared Kerr

Of those,  Denver Harris, Jake Johnson and Evan Stewart have very possible chances of earning starting spots. Weigman will also get every opportunity to show what he can do. Bryce Anderson is a guy that could get looks at NB if Antonio Johnson moves to safety. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Texas A&M receiver Demond Demas arrested on charge of domestic assault, suspended from university; and this isn’t the first time a former girlfriend has accused him of hitting her: https://t.co/zgVZ3nBxoV 

via @houstonchron

36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Chris Marshall was taking his spot from him by seasons end anyway. Demas is one of the biggest disappointments of my lifetime following A&M athletics. 

Probably the biggest recruiting hype to fizzle out since the SEC move.

Kind of touching on Demas a little bit, was it just dumb luck or is their an issue with the way A&M handled it’s WRs last year regarding injuries. It seemed like the entire WR group was banged up almost the entire season. I think Smith was the only one who didn’t miss time. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Kind of touching on Demas a little bit, was it just dumb luck or is their an issue with the way A&M handled it’s WRs last year regarding injuries. It seemed like the entire WR group was banged up almost the entire season. I think Smith was the only one who didn’t miss time. 

Maybe both? We had extremely good luck in 2020. Hardly any serious injury. 2021 the piper came calling. Maybe that helped play a part in Schmidt heading back to OU? No real “stop, don’t go, here’s more money” from A&M. I might be dreaming but I thought that was one of his issues at OU. Nagging injuries.

51 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Maybe both? We had extremely good luck in 2020. Hardly any serious injury. 2021 the piper came calling. Maybe that helped play a part in Schmidt heading back to OU? No real “stop, don’t go, here’s more money” from A&M. I might be dreaming but I thought that was one of his issues at OU. Nagging injuries.

They certainly were glad to see him leave the first time. Very similar to sort of how A&M didn’t just try their hardest to keep him. I do feel like he did a good job overall and it really was just the WRs who I felt had injury problems. 

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Have you seen where the father of girl went after Demas and got arrested?

Yea and crazy thing is, it’s former Aggie WR and Packers WR Robert Ferguson. His daughter, the girl involved, is also on the A&M softball team. 

Needless to say, Demas is done. Will be playing with Prime next season. 

• Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Eli Holstein decommits.

Honestly I was a little surprised he committed as early as he did. He’s really good but I don’t think he beats out Weigman. It’s a smart move to open up and see what happens over the next few months imo. 

That being said, did the check not clear or did A&M just decide they only wanted to pay 30 mil instead of 40 mil this year? 

• Mr. P locked this topic