👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Sometimes, WRs develop themselves.  Some guys just catch the ball in space and run fast.  Looks good for combine stats, but IMO those guys don't develop as well although they generally end up with the most *s for recruiting purposes.  The guys I like are similar to Jamar Chase, Christian Kirk, Mike Evans, CeeDee Lamb etc... the guys that will just go up and beat the corner even if they can't shake the guy.  Mike Evans (referencing him specifically bc of the A&M stint) was one of the best at doing it.  Double coverage and could make that play.  Guys like that get better easier.  Those guys are competitors.  They don't want to be the slowest, so they work hard to get faster... but when they still aren't fast enough will beat you with their strength and explosiveness.  

A&M needs those guys.  And a better OL from last year.

This is spot on…. Another example fitting to this argument would be the way you see freshman come in and dominate early. Worthy at Texas is a good example. That’s God given talent that gave him those stats from this year. It’s not just that he was developed better or the offense is better overall. 

On 3/31/2022 at 1:04 PM, WETSU said:

Oh I’m not saying there isn’t a negative argument against A&M in terms of receivers. They haven’t developed as well as one would like, but his argument that it’s a problem with Jimbos offense is just silly. 

Injuries have really hurt several guys under Jimbo. There’s also been years where either QB play or oline play or both was not good. Those all factor into this conversation, but it’s nothing to do with the scheme itself. 

I haven't gone back to read the thread so it might have already been stated, but Aggies have had 2 really good TEs with Jimbo that takes catches away from WRs. Whatever moves the chains and puts points on the board if you ask me.

Okay guys. The rest of the college football had time to get their act together after NSD and get NIL in order. Y’all let A&M buy another 5 star DL today.  At what point are you guys going to spend a little money? 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Lol at the programs who offered his brother a scholarship (OU and Georgia) just to get outbid by the Ags for the kid that really matters. I’m so glad A&M is the only school buying kids right now! 

• LOL! 1

21 hours ago, WETSU said:

Okay guys. The rest of the college football had time to get their act together after NSD and get NIL in order. Y’all let A&M buy another 5 star DL today.  At what point are you guys going to spend a little money? 

21 hours ago, WETSU said:

Lol at the programs who offered his brother a scholarship (OU and Georgia) just to get outbid by the Ags for the kid that really matters. I’m so glad A&M is the only school buying kids right now! 

Kid was smart enough to reclassify to get the money before their can be a rule reaction. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Kid was smart enough to reclassify to get the money before their can be a rule reaction. 

I’m just really glad that nobody else is using NIL. It’s been so awesome that all of the other teams didn’t use it and allowed A&M to spend 100mil to buy this class. 

Really looking forward to comparing their second 48. I don’t think anyone can realistically look at A&M right now and not see them as a team set to make a run. 4 straight top 6 recruiting classes, including the best class of all time. A&M is flirting with Bama/Georgia level depth at this point. They are decent QB play away from being a serious contender. 

48 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Looks like the baseball team is going to take the series against Arkansas today unless there's a major melt down. Schlossnagle can flat out coach!

They are easily a top 25 team. If they can take this series they will have taken series from three ranked teams in the last 4 weekends along with beating 3 ranked teams midweek. They are leading the sec in most hitting categories leading into this weekend and the pitching is coming around. 

At the start of the season I wondered if this team could make the tourney. They might be hosting a regional at this pace… 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic