๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

40 minutes ago, WETSU said:

They are easily a top 25 team. If they can take this series they will have taken series from three ranked teams in the last 4 weekends along with beating 3 ranked teams midweek. They are leading the sec in most hitting categories leading into this weekend and the pitching is coming around.ย 
ย 

At the start of the season I wondered if this team could make the tourney. They might be hosting a regional at this paceโ€ฆย 

11-10 top of 8th now. Amazing how the momentum can change in these games.

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Finished it out and took the series. This team is really hot right now. The bullpen is still a little shaky but this is a dangerous team.ย 

Agree 100%. Theyโ€™re peaking at the right time.ย 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A little shaky? Aside from 1-2 arms theyโ€™re just not good.ย 
ย 

That said, the hitting theyโ€™re doing in game 3s (17 against Kentucky, 23 against Georgia, 11 against Arkansas) has been a welcome change.ย 

Youโ€™re not wrong.ย 

โ€œSeveral investors in The Fund told The Athletic that while several members of the 2022 class did secure deals, the total numbers on the deals are in the low single-digit millions. Asked why theyโ€™d bother to correct an assumption that almost certainly would lead more recruits to consider Texas A&M, the answers were similar. They donโ€™t want current players to feel shortchanged, and they donโ€™t want future recruits to be disappointed when they learn the actual numbers. But make no mistake, theyโ€™re working to make those actual numbers larger.โ€ย 
ย 

Andy Staples article on A&M and NIL.ย 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

โ€œSeveral investors in The Fund told The Athletic that while several members of the 2022 class did secure deals, the total numbers on the deals are in the low single-digit millions. Asked why theyโ€™d bother to correct an assumption that almost certainly would lead more recruits to consider Texas A&M, the answers were similar. They donโ€™t want current players to feel shortchanged, and they donโ€™t want future recruits to be disappointed when they learn the actual numbers. But make no mistake, theyโ€™re working to make those actual numbers larger.โ€ย 
ย 

Andy Staples article on A&M and NIL.ย 

This brings up an interesting point to me. Programs can offer recruits big money, but what about the current guys who've been giving everything to the program the last 2-4 years and still on the team? It's part of the transition phase I guess, but still feel like the current guys are getting the short end of the stick here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

This brings up an interesting point to me. Programs can offer recruits big money, but what about the current guys who've been giving everything to the program the last 2-4 years and still on the team? It's part of the transition phase I guess, but still feel like the current guys are getting the short end of the stick here.

I do not think youโ€™re seeing recruits get 7 figure deals while current players get 20k from the local radio stationโ€ฆ. I think, and this article sort of backs that if you trust Andy Staples and his source, that the number being given to recruits has been grossly overstated. Everyone wants to just say itโ€™s a money decision when someone commits somewhere that isnโ€™t to them. Itโ€™s been that way when it was illegal and it will continue to be that way with legal nil. But the truth is only a handful of recruits nationwide got โ€œbigโ€ money and even then itโ€™s probably only upper 6 figured. The majority of recruits who got nil deals were probably on par with current player deals which Iโ€™ve read is in that 20-100k range depending on the level of player in question.ย 
ย 

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

When you are bringing in recruits, those guys are the hot commodity.ย  If they don't see the field, their value is worthless.ย  Once they hit the field and become a star, NIL will be a cash cow for those guys.

Arch Manning may end up making more in NIL if he plays well, than he will most of his rookie contract in the NFL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

I do not think youโ€™re seeing recruits get 7 figure deals while current players get 20k from the local radio stationโ€ฆ. I think, and this article sort of backs that if you trust Andy Staples and his source, that the number being given to recruits has been grossly overstated. Everyone wants to just say itโ€™s a money decision when someone commits somewhere that isnโ€™t to them. Itโ€™s been that way when it was illegal and it will continue to be that way with legal nil. But the truth is only a handful of recruits nationwide got โ€œbigโ€ money and even then itโ€™s probably only upper 6 figured. The majority of recruits who got nil deals were probably on par with current player deals which Iโ€™ve read is in that 20-100k range depending on the level of player in question.ย 
ย 

That's a good point. One of those things where you only see the big headlines of deals, not the normal, player-wide offers by your local raising canes or radio stations. It's probably more fair across the board, just doesn't seem that way the way these big deals get promoted.ย 

26 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

That's a good point. One of those things where you only see the big headlines of deals, not the normal, player-wide offers by your local raising canes or radio stations. It's probably more fair across the board, just doesn't seem that way the way these big deals get promoted.ย 

I really havenโ€™t seen too many โ€œbig deals.โ€ At this point weโ€™ve only really heard rumors but Iโ€™m not sure any of them are accurate. Youโ€™ve got Saban saying Bryce Young had a 1mil deal and Texas offering all oline guys 50k but thatโ€™s the only even partially credible source stating what a specific player was paid. Thereโ€™s lots of message board rumors but nothing I have seen is anything more than that.ย 

A&M baseball continues to stay hot taking the series from a top 10 RPI Vandy team.ย 
ย 

A&M is now in the top 15 RPI with the 5th toughest SOS. Very strong chance to host a regional and depending on their run in the conference tourney a super is in reach.ย 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Glad to see a Louisiana guy still has his values in order. You canโ€™t help A&M recruit against LSU. Go ahead and blast away coach!ย 

That package just contained camp flyers. ย We get like 10 a week from various schoolsย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of the โ€˜22 class is on campus except for Jadon Scarlett. Rumors are he heโ€™s having trouble qualifying so he might wind up going the JUCO route. Plus LB Overton has teddy bears.6563D7C2-8EF6-4046-AEA5-1FE1ECC1776C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mr. P locked this topic