👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

No it’s not pathetic. What’s pathetic is grown men thinking they can bold face lie without repercussions. Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, the ND president and many others in positions of influence have literally committed slander without a shred of evidence. 

Both Saban and Jimbo deserved to be punished for their comments. Either provide the evidence or shut your damn mouths. 
To be quite honest that goes towards tools on this board as well…. 

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

This is weak and pathetic. 

Your administration petitioned for and won its case in having an entire conference get penalized for throwing the horns down sign. Is that any less weak and pathetic? 

37 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No it’s not pathetic. What’s pathetic is grown men thinking they can bold face lie without repercussions. Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, the ND president and many others in positions of influence have literally committed slander without a shred of evidence. 

Both Saban and Jimbo deserved to be punished for their comments. Either provide the evidence or shut your damn mouths. 
To be quite honest that goes towards tools on this board as well…. 

It IS pathetic. Just because Jimbo didn’t like what he said doesn’t mean Saban broke any rules. To call for him to be suspended is absolutely pathetic and shows Jimbo to be whiny. 
And for the record, I’m not sure why you think Jimbo deserves punishment either. 

28 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Your administration petitioned for and won its case in having an entire conference get penalized for throwing the horns down sign. Is that any less weak and pathetic? 

I’m not sure how you think this changes the conversation at hand, other than trying to deflect. 

But for the record, what I find pathetic is teams that have their own hand sign, but rather than doing their own, they choose to do the opposite (horns down, in this case) for a rival team (and even more pathetic when they do it and they aren’t even playing them). And yes, petitioning to have it as a penalty is also dumb. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m not sure how you think this changes the conversation at hand, other than trying to deflect. 

But for the record, what I find pathetic is teams that have their own hand sign, but rather than doing their own, they choose to do the opposite (horns down, in this case) for a rival team (and even more pathetic when they do it and they aren’t even playing them). And yes, petitioning to have it as a penalty is also dumb. 

Dumb, weak, pathetic, whichever word works best.

I agree with everything you said above btw. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Love the Horns down because:

1 - you’re promoting my school

2 - more times than not it fires us up and backfires on the opponent

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Yet another stupid decision by the NCAA.

Perhaps. But just a stupid of a decision on the part of Zac Collier. 

Zac Collier is an Aggie. He has the opportunity to do what so many people only dream of, sing the National Anthem at a major sporting event. And rather than representing his OWN school, by throwing the gig em sign, he instead chooses to throw the reverse hand gesture of another school. 

Was the decision to remove him from singing the National Anthem stupid and petty? Absolutely. But so is continuing to focus on another school, rather than representing your own. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Meh. I get it. Regardless of the Horns Down gesture and Texas crying until it became a penalty, what was the guy thinking?! He was called upon to sing the national anthem. No more. We didn't need to know what team he supported, his sexual orientation, his political affiliation, etc. Demonstrating in any way is stupid- it was him taking something prestigious like singing the national anthem and turning it into some bull. I don't think he should be surprised when he's not asked to return. 

• Like 3

On 6/13/2022 at 3:58 PM, Lobo97 said:

This is weak and pathetic. 

Wanting their rules that they made enforced is "weak and pathetic"? Lol okay....

It may be okay for trolls on this forum and other sites, but we can't just have Head Coaches going around slandering other programs and other coaches with no proof to back it up. Would you rather Texas A&M sue Coach Saban for slander (something he absolutely did), or would you rather them say, "Hey, SEC. Take care of this or we will."? 

41 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Zac Collier is an Aggie. He has the opportunity to do what so many people only dream of, sing the National Anthem at a major sporting event. And rather than representing his OWN school, by throwing the gig em sign, he instead chooses to throw the reverse hand gesture of another school. 

Was the decision to remove him from singing the National Anthem stupid and petty? Absolutely. But so is continuing to focus on another school, rather than representing your own. 

2 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Yet another stupid decision by the NCAA.

I gotta agree with Lobo. This guys job was to sing the anthem. You wanna do horns down in the stands as a fan, no problem. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 6:49 PM, Lobo97 said:

It IS pathetic. Just because Jimbo didn’t like what he said doesn’t mean Saban broke any rules. To call for him to be suspended is absolutely pathetic and shows Jimbo to be whiny. 
And for the record, I’m not sure why you think Jimbo deserves punishment either. 

He literally broke NCAA rules and laws with his statement. Every employee of every athletics department has to sign tons of paperwork. In that stack, one of the forms says, "I will not publicly speak poorly of other institutions, coaches, or athletes" and says that if they do, their institution will be on the hook for fines and other punishments if this happens. If you ever wonder why coaches only ever give "coach speak" about other teams, this is one reason why. I remember someone at A&M posting some stuff about Baylor on their personal Facebook page and A&M athletics got fined over it. 

This isn't an issue of simply "not liking" something someone said. It's an issue of slander and a textbook case of violating NCAA rules. I don't see how A&M pushing for enforcement of rules is "absolutely pathetic".

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He literally broke NCAA rules and laws with his statement. Every employee of every athletics department has to sign tons of paperwork. In that stack, one of the forms says, "I will not publicly speak poorly of other institutions, coaches, or athletes" and says that if they do, their institution will be on the hook for fines and other punishments if this happens. If you ever wonder why coaches only ever give "coach speak" about other teams, this is one reason why. I remember someone at A&M posting some stuff about Baylor on their personal Facebook page and A&M athletics got fined over it. 

This isn't an issue of simply "not liking" something someone said. It's an issue of slander and a textbook case of violating NCAA rules. I don't see how A&M pushing for enforcement of rules is "absolutely pathetic".

Explain to me how he did this though. He said A&M bought their class. Okay. So are many other schools now, with the new NIL rules. Texas has made it public knowledge how much they're paying offensive lineman. If I come out and say, "Texas paid for their entire OL.", did I say anything inaccurate? Is that slanderous? 

Again, Saban didn't accuse A&M of breaking any rules, nor did he make any claim as to how much A&M paid. He simply said they bought their class. If I'm missing something that shows how he spoke poorly of them, thus breaking a rule, then please share with me. As it is, I don't see any rule that's been broken. That's why I said A&M calling for Saban to be suspended was pathetic. And according to a story I read from ESPN last night, apparently several other SEC coaches voiced the same opinion. (I only share that to prevent the assumption I only have my opinion because I'm a Texas fan)

I can't speak to any comparisons with the Baylor example, because I don't know that story.

36 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Explain to me how he did this though. He said A&M bought their class. Okay. So are many other schools now, with the new NIL rules. Texas has made it public knowledge how much they're paying offensive lineman. If I come out and say, "Texas paid for their entire OL.", did I say anything inaccurate? Is that slanderous? 

Again, Saban didn't accuse A&M of breaking any rules, nor did he make any claim as to how much A&M paid. He simply said they bought their class. If I'm missing something that shows how he spoke poorly of them, thus breaking a rule, then please share with me. As it is, I don't see any rule that's been broken. That's why I said A&M calling for Saban to be suspended was pathetic. And according to a story I read from ESPN last night, apparently several other SEC coaches voiced the same opinion. (I only share that to prevent the assumption I only have my opinion because I'm a Texas fan)

I can't speak to any comparisons with the Baylor example, because I don't know that story.

It’s slander because he cannot prove A&M bought their class. A&Ms own compliance department has stated only ONE player of the class has a deal at this point in time. That is a direct official statement. Saban (and Kiffin) are accusing A&M of things that they cannot prove for an attempt at a negative impact. If that is not slander what is? 

This is also very different from Texas and their situation. If Saban wants to say something about Texas buying Oline players he’s got more ground because Texas openly stated what they would be paying oline players, and then received commitments afterwards. I’m not saying that’s the only reason these kids committed to Texas but it is a fact that they are paid. That’s very different from Saban and everyone else running with A&M is buying players simply because a mod on a message board started the rumor with no evidence. 

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

The Horns down was AT the U of Texas Softball game. If what I read was correct.  So it makes sense to throw the horns down instead of the stupid Aggie Thumbs up thing.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Are you sure it was an NCAA rule that he broke or was it the SEC bylaw that he broke?  Which he already received the punishment for… that public reprimand 🤣

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I can tell you right now this is Clueless Aggie admin being late reactionary to something that has already blown over.

They should have talked to Jimbo.  He would rather settle it on the field.  Not some dumb political Aggie board members appealing to the NCAA or SEC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The Horns down was AT the U of Texas Softball game. If what I read was correct.  So it makes sense to throw the horns down instead of the stupid Aggie Thumbs up thing.

It doesn’t matter where it was at. Represent YOUR school. 
I’ve never seen a UT alum throw a thumbs down. I have, however, seen them throw the Hook ‘em, regardless of where they were. 

35 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I can tell you right now this is Clueless Aggie admin being late reactionary to something that has already blown over.

They should have talked to Jimbo.  He would rather settle it on the field.  Not some dumb political Aggie board members appealing to the NCAA or SEC.

I agree it is way over the top and pointless. Especially considering your own coach just did the same thing. I honestly don’t have a problem with both serving a 1 game suspension or something a little more serious than just a stern talking to. To me this type of slander needs to be ended. The only reason it’s even an issue in the eyes of the sec is because Jimbo snapped back. Had he said nothing they wouldn’t have even acknowledged it.  

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

"A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness." 

He's saying A&M got recruits because they paid money and made deals. That's not what NIL is. Texas law prohibits NIL from being used for inducements in recruiting. By saying, "A&M bought their class by making deals for NIL", he's accusing Jimbo of violating laws. So yes. He DID accuse A&M of breaking rules and laws. Thus, many say, "He'd better have receipts if he's going to accuse someone". 

Saying, "Texas bought their OL" is wrong too and really undermines the recruiting job Sark and his coaches did. And if Texas did get OL due to promises of NIL, they violated Texas state law.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Are you sure it was an NCAA rule that he broke or was it the SEC bylaw that he broke?  Which he already received the punishment for… that public reprimand 🤣

Looks like you're in quite a frenzy today. Everything okay, bud? There are more healthy outlets.... 

35 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

"A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness." 

He's saying A&M got recruits because they paid money and made deals. That's not what NIL is. Texas law prohibits NIL from being used for inducements in recruiting. By saying, "A&M bought their class by making deals for NIL", he's accusing Jimbo of violating laws. So yes. He DID accuse A&M of breaking rules and laws. Thus, many say, "He'd better have receipts if he's going to accuse someone". 

Saying, "Texas bought their OL" is wrong too and really undermines the recruiting job Sark and his coaches did. And if Texas did get OL due to promises of NIL, they violated Texas state law.

Fair enough.

I don't think he's saying that A&M got them because they were paid, but I get what you're saying.

38 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Looks like you're in quite a frenzy today. Everything okay, bud? There are more healthy outlets.... 

I’m late to the party.  Responded to each post I felt compelled to instead of all at once

• Mr. P locked this topic