๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

ย 

I gotta agree with Lobo. This guys job was to sing the anthem. You wanna do horns down in the stands as a fan, no problem.ย 

The horns down thing is so oversaturated now. If you're going to do horns down, make it special. Do it in our face after a TD, a dagger 3, or a homerun. Any big moment when you're playing the horns. That'll get me fired up and I love that energy.

Don't do it when you're losing 11-1 in your own super regional in the 9th inning. Don't do it when your school isn't even playing Texas. It makes you look obsessed and clueless. It takes the edge out of the horns down imo. If you want to taunt me with it, be my guest. But if you hate Texas more than you love your own school then you should consider getting some help.

Not directly talking about this guy but just in general.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Fair enough.

ย 

I don't think he's saying that A&M got them because they were paid, but I get what you're saying.

The entire context of his statements goes into this. He basically said A&M finished number 1 because they bought every player and said that Bama did not pay a single player. It was very clear that he believes Bama was cheated out of the number 1 signing class due to NIL.ย 

19 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The horns down thing is so oversaturated now. If you're going to do horns down, make it special. Do it in our face after a TD, a dagger 3, or a homerun. Any big moment when you're playing the horns. That'll get me fired up and I love that energy.

Don't do it when you're losing 11-1 in your own super regional in the 9th inning. Don't do it when your school isn't even playing Texas. It makes you look obsessed and clueless. It takes the edge out of the horns down imo. If you want to taunt me with it, be my guest. But if you hate Texas more than you love your own school then you should consider getting some help.

This really didnโ€™t become a thing for all fanbases until it was banned in big12 play. It got tons of negative attention on message boards and podcasts and now itโ€™s just common practice. I agree itโ€™s dumb.ย 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

This really didnโ€™t become a thing for all fanbases until it was banned in big12 play. It got tons of negative attention on message boards and podcasts and now itโ€™s just common practice. I agree itโ€™s dumb.ย 

Was the ban before or after West Virginia joined? I can remember that one game where it was horns down after almost any play the Mountaineers made.ย 

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Was the ban before or after West Virginia joined? I can remember that one game where it was horns down after almost any play the Mountaineers made.ย 

I canโ€™t remember if that was the game before that brought all this about or the first game after it was announced the rule would take place. I know exactly what game youโ€™re talking about though.ย 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I canโ€™t remember if that was the game before that brought all this about or the first game after it was announced the rule would take place. I know exactly what game youโ€™re talking about though.ย 

I want to say the rule was put in place before that game. If memory serves me correctly, WV had a score brought back during that game because of it.ย 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I want to say the rule was put in place before that game. If memory serves me correctly, WV had a score brought back during that game because of it.ย 

I think thatโ€™s right as well. I seem to remember them doing it almost to spite the conference for making it a rule.ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

It came out because the NCAA imposed rules about hand gestures that symbolized unsportsmanlike conduct - specifically the thumb as a knife slashing the throat. UT leaders stated the "Horns Down" was relevant and should be an unsportsmanlike penalty as well because let's face it, what could we do in retaliation? Upside down Bear Claw, thumbs down, turned over Horny Toad, Guns Down...? There was no whining. That's the internet stirring things up just like the whole Aggies bought their recruiting class. I'll say it again - throw the Horns Down if you want because it seems to light a fire for our teams most of the time.ย 

PS - I grew up a Longhorn fan and attended UT. The "Horns Down" has been something I've seen from all fanbases for as long as I can remember; not just something that started a few years ago when it became an unsportsmanlike penalty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

This is what caused the social media frenzy. They had a score taken back, but then Grier did it on the winning touchdown and it wasn't called back. So Herman's argument was, if you're going to throw the flag for the horns down and take the score back, why not do it for the last score? Social media turned this into Texas was whining, but in reality it was all about the inconsistency of the ruling. Sometimes it was a flag and sometimes it wasn't, and in the WV game the inconsistency is what Texas was fighting for because the no call essentially impacted the game.ย 

I also want to say Texas was flagged for doing the horns up after scoring this game too. It was weird and stupid.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

^^^ย  This right here.

I especially roll my eyes when some recruit does the Horns down on signing day. It's like, "Dude, you gotta earn that. You haven't even made the two-deep yet." And yes, it especially annoys me when fans flash Horns down and UT isn't even the opponent. It's stupid.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

And yes, it especially annoys me when fans flash Horns down and UT isn't even the opponent.

Agreed. That said. It's funny cause it shows how universally hated they are.ย 

Reddit LIVES for them to lose to Kansas to meme about it all year. Or for the next 5 years.ย 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Agreed. That said. It's funny cause it shows how universally hated they are.ย 

Reddit LIVES for them to lose to Kansas to meme about it all year. Or for the next 5 years.ย 

This is true. The Longhorns seem to be loved, liked, or hated. Recently I visited some high schools in the Providence, Boston, and New York areas. There were students at all the schools sporting some UT gear. I was shocked to say the least. From my point of view, it's Aggies that hate us the most. OU hate usually only comes out when we play - there's actually some mutual respect among the teams and fans most of the time. RRR is a perfect example or there would be riots after the game every year. And we deserve all the jokes on us from losing to Kansas multiple times.ย 

3 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

This is true. The Longhorns seem to be loved, liked, or hated. Recently I visited some high schools in the Providence, Boston, and New York areas. There were students at all the schools sporting some UT gear. I was shocked to say the least. From my point of view, it's Aggies that hate us the most. OU hate usually only comes out when we play - there's actually some mutual respect among the teams and fans most of the time. RRR is a perfect example or there would be riots after the game every year. And we deserve all the jokes on us from losing to Kansas multiple times.ย 

Letโ€™s be honest hereโ€ฆ. OU only sort of hates you because they arenโ€™t real rivals. Itโ€™s the equivalent of Bama/LSU with a little more history. Itโ€™s a big game, not a rivalry. It has nothing to do with โ€œrespect.โ€ Itโ€™s more about that for the majority of this game being played they were not conference opponents. And then once they were OU has essentially owned the big 12 regardless of what happened in the game vs Texas.ย 
ย 

The RRR is a big game. Maybe one of the purest college gameday experiences in football. Itโ€™s something special no doubt. But they arenโ€™t rivals. The hate just isnโ€™t there on either side. Outside of the week of and maybe the week after itโ€™s rarely talked about by anyone including the two fanbases.ย 

• LOL! 1
  • SMH 1

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

ย 

The RRR is a big game. Maybe one of the purest college gameday experiences in football. Itโ€™s something special no doubt. But they arenโ€™t rivals. The hate just isnโ€™t there on either side. Outside of the week of and maybe the week after itโ€™s rarely talked about by anyone including the two fanbases.ย 

It's not even a matter of me disagreeing with this; it's just simply inaccurate.ย 

Texas and OU have played each other every year since 1900.ย 

The hate is very much there, from both sides.ย 

And Texas and OU fans talk about their hatred for one another ALL year.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

It's not even a matter of me disagreeing with this; it's just simply inaccurate.ย 

Texas and OU have played each other every year since 1900.ย 

The hate is very much there, from both sides.ย 

And Texas and OU fans talk about their hatred for one another ALL year.ย 

Agree to disagree here. I just believe you can only have 1 rival. One game that just simply means more than any game on the schedule no matter the sport no matter the records and no matter the year. That simply is not the case with Texas/OU. They only give a damn about football and even then itโ€™s more pageantry than rivalry half the time. I know you donโ€™t agree and thatโ€™s fine.ย 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Agree to disagree here. I just believe you can only have 1 rival. One game that just simply means more than any game on the schedule no matter the sport no matter the records and no matter the year. That simply is not the case with Texas/OU. They only give a damn about football and even then itโ€™s more pageantry than rivalry half the time. I know you donโ€™t agree and thatโ€™s fine.ย 

The funny thing is the Aggie fan telling the Horn fan who the Horns rivals are. LOL. Have you ever been to RRR? Texas 1 rival has always been OU, particularly in football.ย 

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I mean, itโ€™s only considered one of the biggest rivalries in all of college football. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

2 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

The funny thing is the Aggie fan telling the Horn fan who the Horns rivals are. LOL. Have you ever been to RRR? Texas 1 rival has always been OU, particularly in football.ย 

Iโ€™m just saying OU and Texas fans barely give a damn about anything else the two meet up in other than football and like I said itโ€™s just a two week window. Iโ€™ve lived and worked with fans from both sides my whole life. The Texas fans I know will tell you everyday and twice on Sundayโ€™s they would rather lose to OU than A&M. They post about โ€œaggyโ€ all day while mentioning Sooners a couple of times a year. They still get worked up about A&M when the two havenโ€™t met on the field in a decadeโ€ฆ. I get you tools think youโ€™re too good to be rivals with A&M, but itโ€™s the way it is. That doesnโ€™t take away from the elite experience that the RRR is.ย 

19 hours ago, Stoney said:

Hands down the worst fan is the dude who roots for the Patriots, Yankees, Lakers and Alabama.ย 

Ugh. I get liking one of those teams here and there (I like the Yankees cause when I started playing Little League, the team I was put on was the Yankees), but that's a frontrunner and a half.ย 

14 hours ago, eagle34 said:

You make an awful lot of posts about A&M and a lot more in the A&M thread for someone who's "not a rival".ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ugh. I get liking one of those teams here and there (I like the Yankees cause when I started playing Little League, the team I was put on was the Yankees), but that's a frontrunner and a half.ย 

Seeing kids in East Texas wearing Golden State Warriors gear just makes my stomach queasy.ย 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Seeing kids in East Texas wearing Golden State Warriors gear just makes my stomach queasy.ย 

Steph is this generations Jordan.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™m sure there were plenty if Bulls fans in East Texas in the 90s.

• Mr. P locked this topic