๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

On 6/17/2022 at 11:19 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

You make an awful lot of posts about A&M and a lot more in the A&M thread for someone who's "not a rival".ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Never said A&M wasn't a rival. They surely are. Tech is also a rival. Just disagreeing that OU is not the Horns top football rival and most anticipated game each and every year on the schedule.ย 

What do Yโ€™all think about this hot take? One of the college podcasts was taking about the SEC going with the 3 rivals schedule. Their 3 rivals for A&M are Arkansas, Texas andโ€ฆ. Oklahoma over LSU.

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What do Yโ€™all think about this hot take? One of the college podcasts was taking about the SEC going with the 3 rivals schedule. Their 3 rivals for A&M are Arkansas, Texas andโ€ฆ. Oklahoma over LSU.

Would rather have LSU. They're closer and have more history.ย 

26 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Would rather have LSU. They're closer and have more history.ย 

I agree. At this point I donโ€™t really care though. There will be complaints about however it all shakes out.ย 

On 6/16/2022 at 8:36 PM, WETSU said:

Iโ€™m just saying OU and Texas fans barely give a damn about anything else the two meet up in other than football and like I said itโ€™s just a two week window. Iโ€™ve lived and worked with fans from both sides my whole life. The Texas fans I know will tell you everyday and twice on Sundayโ€™s they would rather lose to OU than A&M. They post about โ€œaggyโ€ all day while mentioning Sooners a couple of times a year. They still get worked up about A&M when the two havenโ€™t met on the field in a decadeโ€ฆ. I get you tools think youโ€™re too good to be rivals with A&M, but itโ€™s the way it is. That doesnโ€™t take away from the elite experience that the RRR is.ย 

As a Texas alum and fan I would prefer a meteor strike taking us all out than losing to either OU or A&M in any sport.ย  SInce the likelihood of that happeneing I would rather lose to OU than A&M.ย  Reason?ย  I respect OU more.ย  And, OU is a rival.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

As a Texas alum and fan I would prefer a meteor strike taking us all out than losing to either OU or A&M in any sport.ย  SInce the likelihood of that happeneing I would rather lose to OU than A&M.ย  Reason?ย  I respect OU more.ย  And, OU is a rival.

Cool. Then naturally you'll post in the OU thread a lot more than this one, right? They're a rival, after all.ย 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Cool. Then naturally you'll post in the OU thread a lot more than this one, right? They're a rival, after all.ย 

Going by this logic, then OU fans find A&M to be a bigger rival than Texas. I mean, their fans post here more than they do the OU thread as well.ย 

ย 

I can't speak as an alum, because I am not. I'm simply, as you like to put it, a 't-shirt fan'. That said, I have to agree with Hookemhorns88 here; I believe there is greater respect between Texas and OU than there is either of those schools and A&M. That is NOT to say A&M isn't a rival. I can't stand for Texas to lose to either, but I too would rather they lose to OU than A&M, because I believe it's a more respectable loss.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always thought that actions speak louder than words. Texas fans (t-shirt and otherwise) here post about A&M and in the A&M thread a LOT more than OU, who they claim is a rival. Strange behavior when one of those teams is a "rival" and the other is not.ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

We've long pointed out that A&M lives rent free in the heads of some people. For it not to be over a rivalry makes it more baffling to me. But to each their own! Maybe it was the top recruiting class that has people in a frenzy at the moment.ย ๐Ÿค”

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I've always thought that actions speak louder than words. Texas fans (t-shirt and otherwise) here post about A&M and in the A&M thread a LOT more than OU, who they claim is a rival. Strange behavior when one of those teams is a "rival" and the other is not.ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

We've long pointed out that A&M lives rent free in the heads of some people. For it not to be over a rivalry makes it more baffling to me. But to each their own!ย 

Who ever said that both teams were not a rival?

ย 

As for living rent free, tell that to every Aggie that throws horns down, no matter the sport, no matter the opponent. By the way, isn't half the Aggie war hymn still about a team that they haven't shared a conference with in 10 years?ย ๐Ÿค”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Who ever said that both teams were not a rival?

ย 

As for living rent free, tell that to every Aggie that throws horns down, no matter the sport, no matter the opponent. By the way, isn't half the Aggie war hymn still about a team that they haven't shared a conference with in 10 years?ย ๐Ÿค”

Yep. Those A&M fans who throw horns down when weโ€™re not playing are stupid. Iโ€™m not one who does that. Nor do I spend time on SurlyHorns or whatever else, the way some people here apparently spend a lot of time on Gigem247 or TexAgs.

Oh and Texas fight song mentions A&M too.ย 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. Those A&M fans who throw horns down when weโ€™re not playing are stupid. Iโ€™m not one who does that. Nor do I spend time on SurlyHorns or whatever else, the way some people here apparently spend a lot of time on Gigem247 or TexAgs.

Oh and Texas fight song mentions A&M too.ย 

All fair points.ย 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will say that I comment on this thread more than the OU thread simply because there's generally more discussion in this thread.ย 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

All fair points.ย 

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will say that I comment on this thread more than the OU thread simply because there's generally more discussion in this thread.ย 

And I appreciate it 95% of the time- you have great football discussion to be had, even if I disagree sometimes. Some others? Not so much.ย 

• Like 1

As a Texas fan I donโ€™t want to lose to either OU or A&M.

I absolutely hate Oklahoma, the state, the school, the Sooner nickname, and double hate Bob Stoops weird finger.ย 

With A&M for me personally I just feel like theyโ€™re weird. The school, the Aggie nickname, their traditions, and the yell leaders.

Now I will say my opinion of A&M was originally formed through my time in my FFA class. I lived in the metroplex in the 90s and donโ€™t know if I ever met an Aggie fan until I moved to east Texas just before I started high school.ย 
I follow all sports and just as much womens as I do mens. So I want to beat OU and A&M in everything.ย 
ย 

Saying all that, the regular posters on here are all cool in my book. Rivalries are fun and I enjoy the back and forth. Itโ€™ll only increase when all these teams play each other regularly in a couple years.ย 

19 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

All fair points.ย 

Same. The OU thread is a ghost town. The UT thread only really perks up when there's a game or breaking news.ย 

But the A&M thread is always going.ย  :woot:

• Like 1

Iโ€™m so glad everyone is finally using NIL now. A&M doesnโ€™t have many commitments and when youโ€™re buying everyone and still not getting commitments this cycle everyone else must have upped their bids. Good for yโ€™all.ย 

On 6/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, Stoney said:

The only 2 rivals I see is Texas and LSU.ย 

28 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

The only 2 rivals I see is Texas and LSU.ย 

I married into a LSU family and live in Louisiana now. I will forever enjoy beating them far more than I ever could OU. That being said, Iโ€™d gladly take a loss to lsu and have to deal with all my in laws for a win vs Texas. It is what it is.ย 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Just gonna leave this here. ย Although I believe the Tides are changing in AggieLand

ย 

A&M has been that program that in every sport they have been competitive enough to believe they should have lucked their way into a title at some point over the modern era but never did. Especially in baseball and football. I do think times are changing though.ย 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

A&M is seeing a LOT of their top targets commit or trend elsewhere this class. Did the money run dry?ย 

Who really knows about the numbers, so take this with a huge grain of salt. Jaden Rashada turned down $11m in NIL from Florida to go to Miami for $9.5m. I said all that to get to here, after that huge class Jimbo can be more selective. As a fan who loves commits thatโ€™s not ideal but I gotta trust that come December that weโ€™ll have a top 5 class.

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

A&M is seeing a LOT of their top targets commit or trend elsewhere this class. Did the money run dry?ย 

Someone posted on Twitter that Arch Manning had an entire OL sign at Texas overnight. ย Weโ€™re some of those guys Aggie targets?

59 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Someone posted on Twitter that Arch Manning had an entire OL sign at Texas overnight. ย Weโ€™re some of those guys Aggie targets?

Connor Stroh was in camp last week. Kid looked better as a guard than a tackle. A&M needs tackles. The other tackle who committed I donโ€™t think was a huge A&M target according to 247. Bisonis, Shanahan, Sewell seem to be the targets at tackle. Out of state kid and in state kids.

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Still super early in this recruiting cycle.. I expect A&M to be somewhere in the top 10 when itโ€™s all said and done.ย 

Who knows. With unlimited limits on class size who knows how this will turn out.

• Mr. P locked this topic