๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

Trayveon Williams has a new side job as a adjunct NIL professor of Texas A&M Law School. My first thought was how in the Hell does TW have the credentials to teach law students. But my second thought is this is a pretty good move by A&M as he will co-teach and is able to add real-life experiences from the professional side of the business.ย 

ย 

Texags is saying that recruits and parents are showing up to A&M expecting tons of money lol. Like they are under the impression that the 40 mil for the signing class really happened and are leaving somewhat upset when they are told thatโ€™s not what happened and donโ€™t get the money they thought.ย 
ย 

That 40 mil internet rumor has been the gift that keeps on giving.ย 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Texags is saying that recruits and parents are showing up to A&M expecting tons of money lol. Like they are under the impression that the 40 mil for the signing class really happened and are leaving somewhat upset when they are told thatโ€™s not what happened and donโ€™t get the money they thought.ย 
ย 

That 40 mil internet rumor has been the gift that keeps on giving.ย 

How does the perception and repeated assertion that A&M paid all of their 2022 recruits help/hurt our 2023 recruiting efforts? Are we seeing more high-profile recruits on campus earlier in the cycle, and/or are we seeing more recruits coming to visits with unreasonable expectation$?

Billy Luicci- It hurts. In a big way. Other schools are telling prospects that the Ags are going to be hammered by the NCAA (laughable), and it's absolutely set unreasonable expectations for folks coming in. On top of that, the Ags were never within a tenth of that alleged number, yet it sprung other scared coaches and donor bases into action. Now there really is INSANE amounts of money being thrown around with reckless abandon at most power programs. You guys have seen some of the deals out there being reported...just imagine what's happening behind the scenes right now on the recruiting trail. โ€œWild Westโ€ doesn't even begin to describe it.

NIL has noticeably impacted A&M recent targets committing to other schools. Do you think NIL or product on the field this fall will have a greater impact on those schools keeping those who have committed?

I don't think you'll see too much flipping around. What you're going to find out is that there's some pretty shady activity going around in terms of kids (even in the state of Texas) already getting paid, which is going to lock a lot of these guys in, at least to some degree.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, KirtFalcon said:

FB_IMG_1656987588934.jpg

I guess I shouldnโ€™t be too surprised that you look to someone like Kyle Umlang for your thoughts. I wouldnโ€™t be at all surprised to hear youโ€™ve bought both his books because you think theyโ€™re somehow clever. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I saw someone make a good point on Gigโ€™Em yesterday about the state of recruiting with A&M and Texas. A&M has had 5 years of Jimbo building his roster with 1 year of extra qualifiers. Sark is headed into his second year with the benefits of a uncapped limit on his โ€˜23 class. Why wouldnโ€™t you maximize that by getting your guys in while cutting off the low hanging fruit on the roster? That goes back to the smaller class size this year for A&M. After a record setting class. With a good group of freshman, sophomores and juniors you can be a little pickier on your class. Jimboโ€™s shown he can recruit. Iโ€™ll trust him until he shows me I canโ€™t.

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I guess I shouldnโ€™t be too surprised that you look to someone like Kyle Umlang for your thoughts. I wouldnโ€™t be at all surprised to hear youโ€™ve bought both his books because you think theyโ€™re somehow clever. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

In @KirtFalcondefense, his first football game he went to was the Adam Eveโ€™s agains the Eden Serpents. Heโ€™s still mad about that upset.ย 

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

No Texas A&M in Jalen Haleโ€™s top 3.ย 
ย 

I assumed he would be an Aggie for sure.ย 

I know contact with him has slowed. Not sure this isnโ€™t a mutual thing. A&M has been talking about other receivers for some time now.ย 
ย 

I also heard NIL is a factor in this recruitment. Not from a website but from a personal source.ย 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I know contact with him has slowed. Not sure this isnโ€™t a mutual thing. A&M has been talking about other receivers for some time now.ย 
ย 

I also heard NIL is a factor in this recruitment. Not from a website but from a personal source.ย 

Would unhappiness from King push him away?

39 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Would unhappiness from King push him away?

Iโ€™m not sure King is unhappy. He would have left if he was.ย I think this is just not a guy Jimbo is as high on as some of the others on the board at this moment.ย 
ย 

I mean all Iโ€™ve heard is A&M bought its class last year but apparently this year when recruits are not going to A&M itโ€™s because they like other schools better. Did A&M stop paying or is everyone else paying more? Or was it never money driven in the first place?ย 

51 minutes ago, WETSU said:

ย 

NIL is not a factor. Heโ€™s leaning toward one school and his family is pushing another.ย 
Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™ll say.

14 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

NIL is not a factor. Heโ€™s leaning toward one school and his family is pushing another.ย 
Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™ll say.

NIL was the main thing discussed with someone who shares his last name. Not about how much but just about how itโ€™s gonna work and which state will be most beneficial for tax reasons and things of that nature. Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™m gonna say. Iโ€™ve been close to this recruitment both before and after NIL was announced. It is not the deciding piece but it is being discussed.ย 

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Thatโ€™s all Iโ€™ll say.

Thereโ€™s some rumors being suggested on Gigโ€™Em. I will always root for an East Texas kid to be an Aggie. If Texas is the best fit for him good for him.

Jimbo needs to reel this guy in a little in my opinion. I know this kind of language happens on the field, but it doesn't need to be on social media. Many parents of recruits won't like it, and we know that mom and dad play a big role in recruiting for most players.

PS - had to look up "JIT." It's prison slang for young wannabe thugs. Just not a good look IMO for the Aggies.

image.jpeg

On 6/22/2022 at 4:00 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. Those A&M fans who throw horns down when weโ€™re not playing are stupid. Iโ€™m not one who does that. Nor do I spend time on SurlyHorns or whatever else, the way some people here apparently spend a lot of time on Gigem247 or TexAgs.

Oh and Texas fight song mentions A&M too.ย 

Yeah, but the difference... the A&M song is almost entirely consumed with the Horns.ย  Very weird.

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Jimbo needs to reel this guy in a little in my opinion. I know this kind of language happens on the field, but it doesn't need to be on social media. Many parents of recruits won't like it, and we know that mom and dad play a big role in recruiting for most players.

PS - had to look up "JIT." It's prison slang for young wannabe thugs. Just not a good look IMO for the Aggies.

image.jpeg

I agree the language needs to be dealt with. Itโ€™s just not the best look. That message could have gotten across without it.ย 

5 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

image.jpeg

Doesn't Cromartie have like a dozen kids from 7 or 8 different baby mommas?ย  He needs the work to pay child support!!

• Mr. P locked this topic