👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

247 guys are saying maybe 5 silents today for OU?

There have been significant cbs/forecast for 

David Hicks (Katy, TX)

Colton Vasek (Austin, TX)

Jordan Renaud (Tyler, TX)

Jacobe Johnson (Mustang, OK)

Makari Vickers (Tallahassee, FL)

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Anthony Hill is the one that I had really hoped would end up at Texas. Dude is a beast. I remember watching him against Longview, playing both sides of the ball, and his motor simply never stopped. 

He’s definitely the prize of this class imo. A&M has recruited at an elite level at every defensive position besides linebacker. Anthony Hill is a piece that’s been missing from an already impressive acquisition of defensive talent. 

• Like 1

@WETSUdid you see Tony Mitchell made it in and is staying another night? 

Looking like a 5 man OL class- Bisontis, Shanahan, Thomasson with Caden Jones and Nyquil Betrand

Pine Tree has a ‘24 DL who is on potential commit watch 

13 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Some huge Samoan DT named Samu who is a slim and trim 380lbs is on commit watch.

Texas offered him back in January/February.  Yeah he's a big guy.  I think if Texas hadn't landed Sydir Mitchell they would have went hard after him for the NG/1-tech position.

30 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Texas offered him back in January/February.  Yeah he's a big guy.  I think if Texas hadn't landed Sydir Mitchell they would have went hard after him for the NG/1-tech position.

I’m of the opinion you can never have enough Samoans on the lines.

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

@WETSUdid you see Tony Mitchell made it in and is staying another night? 

Looking like a 5 man OL class- Bisontis, Shanahan, Thomasson with Caden Jones and Nyquil Betrand

Pine Tree has a ‘24 DL who is on potential commit watch 

This is a kid that committed to Alabama when his heart was at A&M. I really think when it’s all said and done Mitchell is an Aggie. I am not certain on that but he certainly is Giving A&M every chance to win him over. 

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m of the opinion you can never have enough Samoans on the lines.

Had three Samoan brothers play for us back in the day - Roquii(OL), Fale(LB), and Toitu(LB/DE). They were beasts! Had another that played DE and went on to TCU. There was just something different about those guys. Defensively they didn't try to tackle you, they tried to put you out of the game!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

This is a kid that committed to Alabama when his heart was at A&M. I really think when it’s all said and done Mitchell is an Aggie. I am not certain on that but he certainly is Giving A&M every chance to win him over. 

“Story” on 247 is if Mitchell wanted a spot at Bama he had to commit or someone else would take his spot. He locked in his spot but now he’s looking around. Mitchell would be a good get. Flipping a kid from Saban’s backyard? :woot:

15 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Had three Samoan brothers play for us back in the day - Roquii(OL), Fale(LB), and Toitu(LB/DE). They were beasts! Had another that played DE and went on to TCU. There was just something different about those guys. Defensively they didn't try to tackle you, they tried to put you out of the game!

This kid at 380,400 moves like a kid 50-75 lighter. Just absolute freaks of nature.

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Terry Price and Elijah Robinson are absolute studs. I kind of hope Robinson sticks around long enough to take the DC job from Durkin after Durkin gets a HC job. 

Sign Price to a life time contract, make him head of the A&M BBQ department, whatever it takes. Elijah Robinson will see DC beside his name sooner rather than later. These two guys have done more than their fair share of turning this defense into one of the SEC’s better units.

I’ve spent part of my day defending my aTm will be the 2nd most talented team and most likely to upset Alabama take today on Twitter.  

Part of that take enraged Hog fans because I said they would finish 5-7 this year… 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I’ve spent part of my day defending my aTm will be the 2nd most talented team and most likely to upset Alabama take today on Twitter.  

Part of that take enraged Hog fans because I said they would finish 5-7 this year… 

Pittman is a solid coach. The transfer portal was good to him last year. What happens when there’s a hiccup?

Defensively we should be top 3 in SEC. The o-line looks to be in a much better place than last year. QB and WR have the most question marks. Having 3 choices better than Calzada is nice. The veteran WRs are solid but not difference makers. The young guys are talented but inexperienced. Can the starting QB utilize them and give this offense some juice? We’ll see.

56 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Pittman is a solid coach. The transfer portal was good to him last year. What happens when there’s a hiccup?

Defensively we should be top 3 in SEC. The o-line looks to be in a much better place than last year. QB and WR have the most question marks. Having 3 choices better than Calzada is nice. The veteran WRs are solid but not difference makers. The young guys are talented but inexperienced. Can the starting QB utilize them and give this offense some juice? We’ll see.

I don’t think people realize just how bad Calzada was last year because of the Bama game. Calzada and Calzada alone was the difference in 8-4 and 11-1. He’s a huge arm playing a position he has ZERO natural feel for. That’s why I think you see max Johnson start. He’s got The lowest floor of the 3 QBs this season and his experience should make him sufficient to drive the bus while leaning on the running game and having a potential top 5 defense at his back. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic