๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There was context missing from the video that impacted how the statement was taken.ย 

It would certainly be helpful to see the full video, because the video I've watched, it certainly doesn't appear to be edited. It is, however, cutoff after he makes that comment.ย 

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

It would certainly be helpful to see the full video, because the video I've watched, it certainly doesn't appear to be edited. It is, however, cutoff after he makes that comment.ย 

Thatโ€™s what I meant by edited. It wasnโ€™t actually edited just cropped to get the desired effect. It was a statement taken out of context because they intentionally left off part of the video in an attempt to make A&M look a certain way. It was a CNN special lol.

• Like 1

I think a part of NIL that people might be missing is that NIL is up to the state not NCAA. Texas you canโ€™t discuss NIL until the kid has signed and on campus. Apparently Louisiana loosened their NIL rules to allow kids to know when visiting what their NIL deals are.ย 

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I think a part of NIL that people might be missing is that NIL is up to the state not NCAA. Texas you canโ€™t discuss NIL until the kid has signed and on campus. Apparently Louisiana loosened their NIL rules to allow kids to know when visiting what their NIL deals are.ย 

Didnโ€™t Texas publicly announce a 50k deal for oline last season. Not accusing them of anything but how is that legal regarding the states nil rules? Just trying to understand.ย 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Didnโ€™t Texas publicly announce a 50k deal for oline last season. Not accusing them of anything but how is that legal regarding the states nil rules? Just trying to understand.ย 

Yes. That was for players on the roster, not recruits.ย 

27 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Yes. That was for players on the roster, not recruits.ย 

ย 

23 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Gotcha. So do the players incoming not receive that once they are on the roster?ย 

Itโ€™s a weird rule. Something about they can discuss NIL when the player is enrolled but not when heโ€™s a recruit.ย 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Word is Haynes is starting to separate himself in the QB competition.ย 

Word is good out of camp. Heโ€™s physically bigger, his arm may be stronger, heโ€™s got the system down. Youโ€™re hearing good things about these young WRs. Iโ€™m ready for the season to start.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Stoney said:

Word is good out of camp. Heโ€™s physically bigger, his arm may be stronger, heโ€™s got the system down. Youโ€™re hearing good things about these young WRs. Iโ€™m ready for the season to start.

The season should never end!ย  I hate the summers!ย  I feel like colleges need to start summer 7 on 7s and lineman challenges...

• Like 1

https://texags.com/s/46641/22-players-in-22-days-9-haynes-king

Haynes is slept on nationally. Three quarters of a guy's first career start, and they jump to way too many conclusions. He won the backup job as a true freshman. Thatโ€™s hard to do as a true freshman in Jimbo's offense, and then he won the job a year ago. People are sleeping on his ability. He is throwing better than he ever has. He still has the legit 4.45 speed. There are plenty of receivers in this conference that could not compete with him in a foot race.

He might look like your typical tall "statue in the pocket" type QB, but you underestimate his athleticism at your own peril.ย  ย 

King has been through two true quarterback battles. One battle for a backup job. That leg injury made him really hungry. He wanted this chance for three years. The coaches came to him about Max Johnson, and he said, โ€œYes, we need him.โ€ Haynes knows that Max could have beat him out. Max nor Haynes are going to sit back and think they have anything locked up. Haynes is ready to get out there and has the most experience in the system. The injury he had ripped away his year from him. He was throwing passes on one leg. You couldnโ€™t keep him in the barn.

That's John and Jodie's boy right there. Always a team-first guy, and never backs down from competition.ย 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

https://texags.com/s/46641/22-players-in-22-days-9-haynes-king

He might look like your typical tall "statue in the pocket" type QB, but you underestimate his athleticism at your own peril.ย  ย 

That's John and Jodie's boy right there. Always a team-first guy, and never backs down from competition.ย 

@LOLย I think heโ€™s up to 205 now. I think S&C have done a great job of putting muscle on him without losing his athleticism, even post injury. You hear things about how Haynes already has a special connection with Evan Stewart and Noah Thomas. To have a QB who can put the ball in his playmakers hands will be fun after the 2021 season. I wonder if Jimbo will let Haynes use his legs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

@LOLย I think heโ€™s up to 205 now. I think S&C have done a great job of putting muscle on him without losing his athleticism, even post injury. You hear things about how Haynes already has a special connection with Evan Stewart and Noah Thomas. To have a QB who can put the ball in his playmakers hands will be fun after the 2021 season. I wonder if Jimbo will let Haynes use his legs?

The other aspect of that relationships with the receivers is that Haynes is a guy that will push the ball downfield. Heโ€™s gonna throw a few more ints than Max because heโ€™s going to throw it up and trust his guys to make the play. ย He also wonโ€™t take as many sacks.ย 
ย 

I do think Jimbo is going to let Haynes run because itโ€™s part of what makes him the best player he can be and when you have max as a more than capable backup if Haynes gets hurt.ย 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The other aspect of that relationships with the receivers is that Haynes is a guy that will push the ball downfield. Heโ€™s gonna throw a few more ints than Max because heโ€™s going to throw it up and trust his guys to make the play. ย He also wonโ€™t take as many sacks.ย 
ย 

I do think Jimbo is going to let Haynes run because itโ€™s part of what makes him the best player he can be and when you have max as a more than capable backup if Haynes gets hurt.ย 

^ He reminds me of a poor man's Card .... lol

• Grumpy 1

15 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

^ He reminds me of a poor man's Card .... lol

They are similar players. The real difference between them imo is they fit their respective offenses better than the other. King is good from under center and off play action where card has a quicker release more designed for his offense.ย 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

They are similar players. The real difference between them imo is they fit their respective offenses better than the other. King is good from under center and off play action where card has a quicker release more designed for his offense.ย 

I don't think either of them are what their respective teams need .... I don't see either of them taking their teams to the "next level" ... just my opinion ....

True storieโ€ฆKirt was at the game when E. King Gill suited up as the 12th Man. Little known fact, Coach Bible had to choose between Gill and Kirt. It was a tough choice. Hill was a sophomore athlete. Kirt was a 60 year old man with a walker. Kurtโ€™s been bitter ever since.

• LOL! 3

One of the national sports talk guys listed TAMU as one of two teams starting the season in the top ten that he believed would be unranked at the end of the season. Not sure how I feel about that. Bama is probably a loss and I expect they will drop one other game (Miami could be tricky) but I think if they can go 10-2 they probably finish in the top 10. Thoughts?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't think either of them are what their respective teams need .... I don't see either of them taking their teams to the "next level" ... just my opinion ....

Itโ€™s too early to tell. They both are on that window where you normally see the biggest jump from a underclassman to an experienced starter. Neither are Heisman winners but at least in A&Ms case, he doesnโ€™t need to be. Honestly slightly above average QB play probably has A&M in the playoff last year and most likely this one.ย 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Itโ€™s too early to tell. They both are on that window where you normally see the biggest jump from a underclassman to an experienced starter. Neither are Heisman winners but at least in A&Ms case, he doesnโ€™t need to be. Honestly slightly above average QB play probably has A&M in the playoff last year and most likely this one.ย 

I just don't see it .... both teams need a difference maker and I don't think either King or Card is that guy ....

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

What would unranked be? 7-5, 6-6?

He said "unranked" but I think he actually meant "out of the top 10". He also said he has TAMU as an 8-4 or 9-3 type team. If they win 8-9 games they will definitely not be unranked (out of the top 25). Fwiw...the other team on his list was Michigan.ย 

18 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I just don't see it .... both teams need a difference maker and I don't think either King or Card is that guy ....

I donโ€™t think A&M needs a difference maker at QB. Our QB was the 11th ranked SEC QB in QBR. That play at QB got us to 8-4. You give us a QB in that 69+ range in QBR weโ€™re a much better team offensively. Average to above average not superstar play gives us 10 wins.3C810B97-2531-40EE-AFD1-E2031F3909FB.png

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic