๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

4 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That Aggie whiskey must be some good stuff! It's getting seriously "deep" on this thread.

I was thinking the same thing ... I still think their QB situation is at least as unpredictable as it is with Texas .... time will tell ...

24 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That Aggie whiskey must be some good stuff! It's getting seriously "deep" on this thread.

See the source image

Itโ€™s 12 days until kickoff. Arenโ€™t we allowed to have a little hope lol.ย 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well, we all know what a genius YOU are when it comes to predictions.ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Well then, Follow me sonny and I'll learn ya somethin ...

How to make fire? How to make cave paintings? How to be afraid when the big orange ball in the sky goes away? Tru Storie, Kirt tamed the very first Longhorn Brontosaurus that crawled out of the primordial ooze.ย 

• LOL! 2

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

ย 

How to make fire? How to make cave paintings? How to be afraid when the big orange ball in the sky goes away? Tru Storie, Kirt tamed the very first Longhorn Brontosaurus that crawled out of the primordial ooze.ย 

Saddled him, bridled him and broke him ... rode him for 10 years and then ground him up and made Wolf Brand Chili out of his carcass ....

• LOL! 3

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

ย 

I heard when he was young, even the rainbows were black and white.ย 

• LOL! 6

Iโ€™m real curious now to see how this plays out. I would have assumed King would have been QB1. Iโ€™m beginning to wonder if this will be kinda like Starkel/Mond 2018 all over again. Presumed veteran starter(Starkel/King) loses job to younger QB (Mond/Weigman.)

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

This all sounds strangely familiar.ย 
ย 

So regardless who he chooses, this means weโ€™ll all be able to argue that the boosters pressured him, right?

If the A&M media department announces the decision at 10am tomorrow then I am 100% on board with you talking trash.
ย 

But until then if youโ€™re going to play this card, Sark either is a liar or wasnt in control. There is no in between. Just like Iโ€™ll say the same thing if 12 hours later Jimbo runs behind his media department because heโ€™s not man enough to answer questions about his decision.ย 

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If the A&M media department announces the decision at 10am tomorrow then I am 100% on board with you talking trash.
ย 

But until then if youโ€™re going to play this card, Sark either is a liar or wasnt in control. There is no in between. Just like Iโ€™ll say the same thing if 12 hours later Jimbo runs behind his media department because heโ€™s not man enough to answer questions about his decision.ย 

Sark never said anything, other than he had an idea which direction he was going. Anything else was speculation by others. So unless you can find me a link that shows Sark ever said Card would be his starter, then making accusations such as 'he's either a liar or wasn't in control' is ridiculous.ย 

ย 

Oh, and I wasn't looking for your approval to 'talk trash', but thanks anyway๐Ÿ˜€.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Sark never said anything, other than he had an idea which direction he was going. Anything else was speculation by others. So unless you can find me a link that shows Sark ever said Card would be his starter, then making accusations such as 'he's either a liar or wasn't in control' is ridiculous.ย 

ย 

Oh, and I wasn't looking for your approval to 'talk trash', but thanks anyway๐Ÿ˜€.

Sark said he was going to let both QBs battle it out into this week. 18 hours later a starter was announced by someone that wasnโ€™t him and he wasnโ€™t there to answer questions.ย 
ย 

Was this decision made above him, did he dodge questions from the media, or did he straight up tell a lie about letting the guys battle it out? Itโ€™s one of the 3 and neither are ideal in terms of appearance.ย 
ย 

What Jimbo said is nowhere near the same thing as Sark. Saying youโ€™ll announce when youโ€™re ready is not the same thing as saying youโ€™re going to let the kids battle it out another few days.ย 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Sark said he was going to let both QBs battle it out into this week. 18 hours later a starter was announced by someone that wasnโ€™t him and he wasnโ€™t there to answer questions.ย 
ย 

Was this decision made above him, did he dodge questions from the media, or did he straight up tell a lie about letting the guys battle it out? Itโ€™s one of the 3 and neither are ideal in terms of appearance.ย 
ย 

What Jimbo said is nowhere near the same thing as Sark. Saying youโ€™ll announce when youโ€™re ready is not the same thing as saying youโ€™re going to let the kids battle it out another few days.ย 

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter.

ย 

It doesn't matter what speculation anyone reported before he made his decision. It doesn't matter if he knew since Spring, but kept it open to get both QB's to compete more, in turn, making them both better. It doesn't matter if you like the decision or not. It doesn't matter.

ย 

Sark made his decision (which he has had a presser and answered questions by the way, on HIS time). Ewers is the QB. That's the only reason I made my comment above. Because I think it's ridiculous to make two pages of arguments about who said what. It doesn't matter.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

This all sounds strangely familiar.ย 
ย 

So regardless who he chooses, this means weโ€™ll all be able to argue that the boosters pressured him, right?

Right, he waitin on the boosters to give him the slip of paper with the name ...ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

11 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter.

ย 

It doesn't matter what speculation anyone reported before he made his decision. It doesn't matter if he knew since Spring, but kept it open to get both QB's to compete more, in turn, making them both better. It doesn't matter if you like the decision or not. It doesn't matter.

ย 

Sark made his decision (which he has had a presser and answered questions by the way, on HIS time). Ewers is the QB. That's the only reason I made my comment above. Because I think it's ridiculous to make two pages of arguments about who said what. It doesn't matter.ย 

Iโ€™m not talking about the card speculation from outside sources.

Iโ€™m talking about Sark himself saying one thing one afternoon, 18 hours later someone elseโ€™s announces something different. If the same thing had happened in reverse you guys would be crawling all over it giving Aggies a hard time as well.ย 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Iโ€™m not talking about the card speculation from outside sources.

Iโ€™m talking about Sark himself saying one thing one afternoon, 18 hours later someone elseโ€™s announces something different. If the same thing had happened in reverse you guys would be crawling all over it giving Aggies a hard time as well.ย 

You can't say 'you guys', as that implies all of us. I can tell you this,

Fisher said today, 'I'll know when I know'. That implies he still doesn't know. Either A, he is lying. Or B, he really doesn't know yet, which I would personally find to be a problem, seeing how their season starts in less than two weeks. Either way, I don't care, and you will not see me spending two pages arguing about it after.ย 

• Like 1

Itโ€™s a interesting situation. I think every Aggie assumed today would be Haynes King being named QB1. Not naming a QB makes you look at other possibilities and Jimboโ€™s history. Heโ€™s shown that he will start a young unproven QB over a veteran. It just makes you wonder.

46 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

You can't say 'you guys', as that implies all of us. I can tell you this,

Fisher said today, 'I'll know when I know'. That implies he still doesn't know. Either A, he is lying. Or B, he really doesn't know yet, which I would personally find to be a problem, seeing how their season starts in less than two weeks. Either way, I don't care, and you will not see me spending two pages arguing about it after.ย 

Yet youโ€™ll continue to defend it now. You wonโ€™t argue it for two pages but youโ€™ll feel the need to take what Jimbo said and crack a joke because of how sark was handled.ย 
ย 

If you were being honest with yourself youโ€™d agree with me that everything about the Texas QB situation was handled awkwardly leaving an open window for debate. Which has nothing to do with Jimbo or A&M yet you felt insecure enough about it to deflect or crack jokes about A&Ms situation when they are not comparable.ย 

• Mr. P locked this topic