👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Haven’t attempted to really establish a run game. It’s clear they are just practicing pushing the ball downfield. 

Came here to say this. It's pretty obvious Fisher is trying to improve the chemistry of his QBs/WRs. I will be shocked if he takes this many chances downfield against a real opponent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Came here to say this. It's pretty obvious Fisher is trying to improve the chemistry of his QBs/WRs. I will be shocked if he takes this many chances downfield against a real opponent. 

Let’s be honest here. Aggies could go downfield at will if they wanted. You have NFL talent at WR. SH would have to play strictly zone to try and contain you. 

21 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Let’s be honest here. Aggies could go downfield at will if they wanted. You have NFL talent at WR. SH would have to play strictly zone to try and contain you. 

I don’t think they can. It’s been years since A&M has been able to consistently push the ball downfield. They need work on it and I don’t think it’s easy regardless of opponent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

“I’m happy where I’m at and I love where I’m at, but home is home.”.

This was a very interesting comment to me. If I’m a recruit, this is something I’m paying attention to. 

Recruits pay attention to all sorts of things. I’d be paying attention to 5-7 seasons too but it doesn’t seem to be effecting teams. 

32 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Recruits pay attention to all sorts of things. I’d be paying attention to 5-7 seasons too but it doesn’t seem to be effecting teams. 

I wasn’t throwing shots, but if that’s what you’re wanting to do, it may not work out as well as you think. 

I’ve never heard a currently employed coach talk about another job being his dream job. That’s very odd. What happens when the WV job opens in two years? We all know who their first call is now going to be. 

26 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I wasn’t throwing shots, but if that’s what you’re wanting to do, it may not work out as well as you think. 

I’ve never heard a currently employed coach talk about another job being his dream job. That’s very odd. What happens when the WV job opens in two years? We all know who their first call is now going to be. 

I guy saying never say never and home is home is not someone that is looking for the job. He could have lobbied and they would have offered him that job any time over the last 15 years and likely would have gotten it.

he was asked a direct quote of “would you ever consider taking the WVU job” and gave the coach speak line of never say never and “I love where I’m at now” and home is home. If he says something along the lines of I’ll never consider the job it’s an unnecessary shot at his home state. Everyone with a brain knows he’s not leaving a job with the resources and the current trajectory of A&M for WVU any time soon. Why throw salt in the wounds of his home state for something everyone already knows. Not to mention this is the exact thing you say when lobbying for that raise in two years when the WVU does come open and you want a raise at your current job. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

I’m convinced that job recruits itself. 

I don't think the process of making a job recruit itself is that hard TBH.  It's the investment and commitment that the school is willing to take.  

1) Facilities
2) Coaches
3) Resources
4) Marketing

Kansas had the right idea when they hired Les Miles.  They hired a popular coach, increased their staff, a football-friendly AD, they poured resources into their scouting and recruiting, and the marketing that was done with their ESPN show was absolutely fantastic.  The issue was the first sign of adversity and they shut it all down.  Les gone, coaching staff shrunk, cheap basketball AD...  Kansas is content with only being good at 1 sport.

LSU before Nick Saban was in a bad place.  Poor facilities, bad coaching, sub par talent... he came in with a recruiting and scouting network to lock down Louisiana and it worked.

A&M before Jimbo had 1,2, and 4 right.  Now that they have 3 also...  they will rise.  They will make that 5-10 year investment on all 4 of the points above.  LSU does that.  Alabama does that.  Georgia does it.  Michigan, Ohio St, Oregon, etc.  It just takes time, money and a few brain cells.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Imagine if Sark said this...

It doesnt look great in the present, right after a contract extension and all of the support he has.  However, I can see him meaning it as his last hurrah in his final coaching years before retirement.  But, haters won’t see it like that.  It’s bad optics to the skeptics of his dedication to his current task at hand.

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

It doesnt look great in the present, right after a contract extension and all of the support he has.  However, I can see him meaning it as his last hurrah in his final coaching years before retirement.  But, haters won’t see it like that.  It’s bad optics to the skeptics of his dedication to his current task at hand.

Do I think Jimbo leaves Texas A&M for WV? Absolutely not. I could see him ending his career there as like you said, as a last hoorah. I just find it really odd that he somewhat entertains the idea here when him leaving anytime soon isn't even on the table.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Do I think Jimbo leaves Texas A&M for WV? Absolutely not. I could see him ending his career there as like you said, as a last hoorah. I just find it really odd that he somewhat entertains the idea here when him leaving anytime soon isn't even on the table.

I think there’s context to this too though. All Jimbo said was never say never and home is home. Followed by I love where I am and things are great here. Can it be taken out of context and seem like Jimbo is politicking for the WVU job? Sure I guess. I see your point. But I also see this in a sense where Jimbo knows that everyone else knows WVU is not the school A&M is. He would take a pay cut, play in a inferior conference that honestly could crumble at any moment, and doesn’t have a fraction of the resources. I get the feeling he made the comment not anticipating anyone even considers it serious because of those above factors. 

I find the honesty a little refreshing honestly. Home is home and that’s fine. He could have come out and said the coach speak line of “I’ll never leave A&M this place is the best place on earth blah blah blah.” Instead he answered in a never say never statement because everyone knows he’s not leaving for that job anytime soon. I assure you had Jimbo anticipated people to run with this this way he wouldn’t have been honest, because it’s a non issue. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It’s time to make him get an OC that’s for sure. This is inexcusable. A team that gave up 63 last week just held the A&M offense to 7 points. 

Give em credit. They had a game plan to milk clock. And with DL missing for A&M, they did just that. That and the OL injuries/ not gelling and bam. A loss. 

Doesn’t make or break the season but man. Something needs to change. 

• Mr. P locked this topic