๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Give em credit. They had a game plan to milk clock. And with DL missing for A&M, they did just that.ย 

Jimbo has to stop sitting guys all spring and fall for minor dings. This team NEVER has chemistry because the starters never practice together. So many missed reps over the tiniest stuff. Jimbo manages the injuries like heโ€™s in the nfl where these guys are 8 year pros and can be fine missing a few reps in practice. These 19-20 year old kids cannot afford to miss half of camp.ย 

47 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

That Miami game next week just went from big to huge.ย 

Iโ€™m what way? A win and everyone still is like โ€œyou were at home against a rebuilding ACC school.โ€ A loss and everyone is you just confirm what everyone is already saying, which is Jimbo cannot field an offense.ย 
ย 

Jimbo can lose games and itโ€™s one thing, but today they got embarrassed. Combine that with Texas starting to show a pulse and itโ€™s something thatโ€™s putting the heat on him extremely quick in terms of the fans and donors.ย 

ย 

Even if heโ€™s not ready I think you have to play Weigman now. You have to have an excuse. If you trot out Weigman and let him take his lumps and go 7-5 or 8-4 it hurts but you can explain it. If you play king and still go 8-4 while not getting your freshman the reps needed to take over next year โ€œwhich EVERYONE within the program is saying will happenโ€ then all you done is waste yet another year in year 5 and then year 6 wonโ€™t be much better offensively breaking in another Qb. Play Weigman and go 5-7 for all I care. At least it will get you the number two class next year ๐Ÿ˜

I think itโ€™s time for Weigman. Get those youngsters reps. If it takes 3 years to learn and master Jimboโ€™s system, this is the results thereโ€™s an issue somewhere. We did the whole swap of position coaches on the offense. Did something get lost in translation. Was there too much shuffling on the staff?ย 

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Iโ€™m not sure that losing to App St is embarrassmentโ€ฆ but getting manhandled was.

Without trolling, I have 2 questions for A&M fans.

1) Is Haynes King your guy moving forward?

2) Is Jimbo the coach to win you a NC?

1) I donโ€™t think he is, but I do expect itโ€™s who Jimbo will use. If Jimbo has a real OC with modern era football IQ he would realize that A&M needs to simplify the playbook and let the naturally better QB prospect be really good at 30% of the playbook than just barely able to execute 80%. Itโ€™s foolish. Especially with a really young group of WRs who are running limited amounts anyway. Let all the freshman grow together and let your athletes just be athletes.ย 
ย 

2.) No. someone on the Aggies site called it perfect. Jimbo is Mark Richt. Excellent recruiter that can build your program and recruit but will always find ways to just not cross over the hump.ย 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I think itโ€™s time for Weigman. Get those youngsters reps. If it takes 3 years to learn and master Jimboโ€™s system, this is the results thereโ€™s an issue somewhere. We did the whole swap of position coaches on the offense. Did something get lost in translation. Was there too much shuffling on the staff?ย 

The WRs are playing a ton better. Honestly today it was just QB and pass pro from the players and as always, playcalling. Jimbo just has no feel for the game. Achane was running well today but didnโ€™t get enough designed carries.

13 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Iโ€™m not sure that losing to App St is embarrassmentโ€ฆ but getting manhandled was.

1.) Whatever happens at QB is going to impact Jimbo going forward. Is Haynes the issue on the field or is the coaches putting him in that position? Both? I hate coming across as BAS with the small sample size on Haynes. If you stay with Haynes, somethings gotta change. Iโ€™m not sure we can fix it in a week.

2.) Iโ€™m the dude with the 10 win floor. In my defense I had no idea that this was what we were going to put out there on offense. Weโ€™re 5 years into the rebuild. The talent is there but something is keeping it from becoming what it should be. To steal a Bill Parcells quote. Weโ€™ve built a state of the art kitchen. Weโ€™ve brought in top tier ingredients. What are we being served? Franklinโ€™s brisket or microwaveable bbq? I want to see how Jimbo handles this. If what ย we see rest of season is App State like, Iโ€™m going to be disappointed. Iโ€™m going to want to see changes. If thatโ€™s what we are putting out there with QB1 staying the same instead of making a QB change Iโ€™ll be disappointed.ย 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The WRs are playing a ton better. Honestly today it was just QB and pass pro from the players and as always, playcalling. Jimbo just has no feel for the game. Achane was running well today but didnโ€™t get enough designed carries.

Thereโ€™s been several games under Jimbo where thatโ€™s been the case. The game against Georgia in the rain where we just stopped running the ball. Arkansas game last year with Calzada not able to hit water if he fell out of a boat.ย 
ย 

ย 

Just now, Stoney said:

Thereโ€™s been several games under Jimbo where thatโ€™s been the case. The game against Georgia in the rain where we just stopped running the ball. Arkansas game last year with Calzada not able to hit water if he fell out of a boat.ย 
ย 

I have often wondered if itโ€™s QB reads checking into pass plays based off of numbers in the box or something.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™ve noticed as the years have gone by A&M spends less and less time under center. Jimbos two best teams were 2018 and 2020 when he had very good rushing attacks and rode his backs heavily using lots of 12 personnel and under center formations. It seams like the more faith he has in his QBs the worse off we are.ย 
ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

ย 

I have often wondered if itโ€™s QB reads checking into pass plays based off of numbers in the box or something.ย 
ย 

Iโ€™ve noticed as the years have gone by A&M spends less and less time under center. Jimbos two best teams were 2018 and 2020 when he had very good rushing attacks and rode his backs heavily using lots of 12 personnel and under center formations. It seams like the more faith he has in his QBs the worse off we are.ย 
ย 

ย 

The Arkansas game last year made me wonder what in the actual heck our coaches are seeing out there. You could be right that itโ€™s the QBs checking into pass plays. 3 man pass rush, Spiller getting yards and hits the big TD run and we get away from it. Iโ€™ve always thought of us as a run first team which sets up the pass.ย 

I saw where Bryce Foster will be back this week. Did Aki or Moko start at LG? I had to listen on the app while I did some plumbing.ย 
ย 

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The Arkansas game last year made me wonder what in the actual heck our coaches are seeing out there. You could be right that itโ€™s the QBs checking into pass plays. 3 man pass rush, Spiller getting yards and hits the big TD run and we get away from it. Iโ€™ve always thought of us as a run first team which sets up the pass.ย 

I saw where Bryce Foster will be back this week. Did Aki or Moko start at LG? I had to listen on the app while I did some plumbing.ย 
ย 

I think fisher wants to be a run first team that sets up the pass, but that hasnโ€™t been the case but ONE game in his entire tenure here. Itโ€™s either all running game with passing or itโ€™s passing with running just enough to keep teams semi honest. But I think at the end of the day 2020 Florida is the only time Iโ€™ve seen a physical running game and effective play action passing show up in the same game in the best combination.ย 

I was watching on the phone with no volume so I did t see who started at LG.ย 
ย 

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I believe I said it 5-6 years ago. ย His best teams were when he had 1st rounder type qbs. ย Having faith in and putting so much on a lesser qb is probably his problem. ย 

11 hours ago, WETSU said:

1) I donโ€™t think he is, but I do expect itโ€™s who Jimbo will use. If Jimbo has a real OC with modern era football IQ he would realize that A&M needs to simplify the playbook and let the naturally better QB prospect be really good at 30% of the playbook than just barely able to execute 80%. Itโ€™s foolish. Especially with a really young group of WRs who are running limited amounts anyway. Let all the freshman grow together and let your athletes just be athletes.ย 
ย 

2.) No. someone on the Aggies site called it perfect. Jimbo is Mark Richt. Excellent recruiter that can build your program and recruit but will always find ways to just not cross over the hump.ย 

2.) Sadly, I like the Mark Richt comparison. Heโ€™s done a good job recruiting but the results arenโ€™t there. 5 years in, coming off #1 recruiting class and we let App State dominate us in TOP. The frustrating thing is financially his buyout has hamstrung us and thatโ€™s totally on Ross Bjork. If you wanted to find your Kirby Smart you couldnโ€™t unless you did a bunch of digging to find a at cause reason. Going on a 9-1 run rest of season wonโ€™t be enough to get the taste of this loss out my mouth. This is the loss thatโ€™s going to haunt Jimbo for rest of his A&M career. When things end App State is going to be when the support and perception of Jimbo shifted for most of A&M faithful. Iโ€™m not exactly thrilled with the work our assistant coaches are doing either. Dameyune Craigโ€™s work with the QBs is starting to look like heโ€™s back coaching WRโ€™s. Steve Addazio is making me wonder if we canโ€™t coach OL or our evaluation process on OL kids is faulty. Our Co-OC Darrell Dickey bless his heart is 62 years old. This offense plays like itโ€™s Kirt and Hardin waiting on tapioca pudding at the senior center. DJ Durkin couldnโ€™t get App Stateโ€™s offense off the field. 1 sack, no turnovers. Jimbo has a week before Miami. He canโ€™t fix all the issues but he darn well better fix the important ones. Can he? Will he? Weโ€™ll see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

2.) Sadly, I like the Mark Richt comparison. Heโ€™s done a good job recruiting but the results arenโ€™t there. 5 years in, coming off #1 recruiting class and we let App State dominate us in TOP. The frustrating thing is financially his buyout has hamstrung us and thatโ€™s totally on Ross Bjork. If you wanted to find your Kirby Smart you couldnโ€™t unless you did a bunch of digging to find a at cause reason. Going on a 9-1 run rest of season wonโ€™t be enough to get the taste of this loss out my mouth. This is the loss thatโ€™s going to haunt Jimbo for rest of his A&M career. When things end App State is going to be when the support and perception of Jimbo shifted for most of A&M faithful. Iโ€™m not exactly thrilled with the work our assistant coaches are doing either. Dameyune Craigโ€™s work with the QBs is starting to look like heโ€™s back coaching WRโ€™s. Steve Addazio is making me wonder if we canโ€™t coach OL or our evaluation process on OL kids is faulty. Our Co-OC Darrell Dickey bless his heart is 62 years old. This offense plays like itโ€™s Kirt and Hardin waiting on tapioca pudding at the senior center. DJ Durkin couldnโ€™t get App Stateโ€™s offense off the field. 1 sack, no turnovers. Jimbo has a week before Miami. He canโ€™t fix all the issues but he darn well better fix the important ones. Can he? Will he? Weโ€™ll see.

I saw a stat that A&M offensively ran five total plays in Appalachian State territory.ย  Wow.

Henson was a big loss IMO.ย  His OL's at Mizzou and OK State were usually pretty good.

I'll eat crow - I supported King. Still do. Think he will be a good QB1.(May be somewhere else and we regret it ) That being said There wereย  a fewย  over throws to open receivers. Seemed he was more concerned about not throwing picks than making completion.ย 

King is going to be what he is at this stage of his career. You can have a gunslinger that throws interceptions or someoneย who is timid and takes the safe throw. I will take gunslinger anyday. I may be wrong but I dont think we went vertical all day. I wonder if was because of all the criticism of SMU game last week.ย  ย - King was 13 for 20 for 97 yds. 65% completion rateย  With no interceptions and 1 fumble.ย 

Biggest elephant in room is defenseย  App. State controlled the ball for 41 mins and 29minsย  to Texas A&M 18 mins 31 seconds. To their credit they pretty much were 3 yards and a cloud of dust and were almost perfect on 4th down.ย ย 

Offense got no rhythm because of itย ย 

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Maybe you guys can chill on ripping my team for awhile.ย 

9677A490-BA8E-43DD-BF1D-2606AD5FFCBC.png

Girlfriend is a Texas Tech grad, her daughter is a Longhorn fan, Iโ€™m an Aggie. Yesterday was a crazy day around here lol. After this loss I canโ€™t say anything about any other programs.ย 

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yes and yes.

ย 
Haynes wasnโ€™t the problem today. No, he didnโ€™t have a good game. But he wasnโ€™t the reason for the loss. OL got bullied, as you said. One of those caused a fumble that App State scored on. A&M couldnโ€™t establish a run game. Thatโ€™s a problem when your offense is built around ball control. The Defense just got โ€œbehind the sticksโ€ time and time again- Iโ€™m willing to forgive them because they have several injuries and will be fine moving forward when guys get healthy. To a degree, OL will be better when healthy too.

Also, A&M got out coached. App State had a plan and executed it. Drain the clock (and they did so by taking advantage of interior DL out) and strike at the end. Did it to perfection. A&M just looked like nobody had a clue what they were doing, nor did they come to play.ย 

I donโ€™t think this loss makes or breaks the season- A&M can still go out and win 9-10 games. But theyโ€™ve gotta figure a lot out between now and Miami. And especially before SEC play starts.ย 

Heck, Iโ€™m sure you remember Ed O losing to Troy and then winning the national title the next year. Thatโ€™s football man.ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

ย 

Henson was a big loss IMO.ย  His OL's at Mizzou and OK State were usually pretty good.

This is my biggest issue. I mentioned LSU losing to Troy in 2018 and winning it all in 2019. They did this because they had an elite Sr QB and hired a couple of offensive coaches that took them to the next level. I think Jimbo needs to hire a play caller and a new OL coach. Do this and a strong & maturing defense next season puts all the pieces in place.ย 

Now, will he do this? I donโ€™t knowโ€ฆ

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic