๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

36 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Petty on going downstairs to retrieve his phone then back up to the room If that's true.

I think itโ€™s probably semi true. It probably wasnโ€™t just a quick Iโ€™m going to get my phone and be back. It likely was loitering in the lobby or something for a little bit.ย 
ย 

But at the same time this is not a team that has earned any wiggle room today. A team that lacked focus last week canโ€™t afford to have kids breaking curfew for a forgotten cell phone because what 18 year old in todays world doesnโ€™t have his phone permanently glued to his had. I mean Evan stewart has like a million followers on social media, I doubt he goes more than 30 seconds without checking his phone. No way it was left at the house. I mean even me, an Aggie, is not wanting the kid to play today. Rules are rules idc how good you are.ย 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think itโ€™s probably semi true. It probably wasnโ€™t just a quick Iโ€™m going to get my phone and be back. It likely was loitering in the lobby or something for a little bit.ย 
ย 

But at the same time this is not a team that has earned any wiggle room today. A team that lacked focus last week canโ€™t afford to have kids breaking curfew for a forgotten cell phone because what 18 year old in todays world doesnโ€™t have his phone permanently glued to his had. I mean Evan stewart has like a million followers on social media, I doubt he goes more than 30 seconds without checking his phone. No way it was left at the house. I mean even me, an Aggie, is not wanting the kid to play today. Rules are rules idc how good you are.ย 

I so agree. I don't think anyone can trust his story. Suspension is how "teams" are built for various reasons.ย 

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Too bad ESPN......your favored Miami spit the bit tonight on national television.ย  So stop with the explanations and excuses.ย  They didn't perform and got beat......that's about all there is to it.

Television really wants/needs the U or FSU to be back. Clemson being the only legitimate threat in the ACC has watered down the ACC product and honestly college football is just better when either of those two are good. They will sunshine pump them every time they show even a glimmer of positive momentum. USC is in the same boat.ย 
ย 

I think in general the college football world is ready to move on from the same 5. Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio st and OU have been the consistent teams for most of the playoff era. Having Michigan, Miami/FSU, USC, or Texas make their way back into consistent contention would do wonders for the parity of the sport. Thatโ€™s not even counting teams that are close to being good but having historically been in that national title talk like A&M, Oregon, Michigan st etc. the sport doesnโ€™t want deeper playoffs, it wants parity. The unfortunate thing is people do not understand that a expanded playoff doesnโ€™t give you parity it just gives those top 5 more room for error.ย 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

Television really wants/needs the U or FSU to be back. Clemson being the only legitimate threat in the ACC has watered down the ACC product and honestly college football is just better when either of those two are good. They will sunshine pump them every time they show even a glimmer of positive momentum. USC is in the same boat.ย 
ย 

I think in general the college football world is ready to move on from the same 5. Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio st and OU have been the consistent teams for most of the playoff era. Having Michigan, Miami/FSU, USC, or Texas make their way back into consistent contention would do wonders for the parity of the sport. Thatโ€™s not even counting teams that are close to being good but having historically been in that national title talk like A&M, Oregon, Michigan st etc. the sport doesnโ€™t want deeper playoffs, it wants parity. The unfortunate thing is people do not understand that a expanded playoff doesnโ€™t give you parity it just gives those top 5 more room for error.ย 

It gives everyone more room for error, but especially the power schools.

I agree with what youโ€™re saying there, but it also gives other teams a chance, like Texas A&M.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Me too. Stats didn't look much different than King. Was he an upgrade?

ย 

13 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

How was Johnson last night? Saw his stats but didnโ€™t get to watch any of the game.ย 

I had to miss the game because of family obligations. The spin I heard was the receivers didnโ€™t help Max in the box score. That Miamiโ€™s defense stepped up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

ย 

I had to miss the game because of family obligations. The spin I heard was the receivers didnโ€™t help Max in the box score. That Miamiโ€™s defense stepped up.

Thanks Stoney. I know Miami had a good D! Solid bounce back win for your Aggies. Looks like they just had a bad game last week, which happens. Good luck on the rest of the Season!!

37 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

How was Johnson last night? Saw his stats but didnโ€™t get to watch any of the game.ย 

I watched. He did okay. What he did well was get the ball into a play makerโ€™s hands. He also ran well when needed. The offense was pretty bland. Aggie defense stepped up big time. Two players ejected for targeting and a few others out for them, and the back ups played great. Something about Miami missing their best WR, but whateverโ€ฆ Their QB played awful.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

I watched. He did okay. What he did well was get the ball into a play makerโ€™s hands. He also ran well when needed. The offense was pretty bland. Aggie defense stepped up big time. Two players ejected for targeting and a few others out for them, and the back ups played great. Something about Miami missing their best WR, but whateverโ€ฆ Their QB played awful.ย 

I think Max is what he is. Heโ€™s not going to light the world on fire with Jimbo but he will manage a game well. Between him and the defense they will be in most games, I just donโ€™t think the offense will always be enough to win them. I do think that the two big play threats of Stewart and Marshall being out with suspension really impacted the passing game. The other guys just do not get separation.ย 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I think Max is what he is. Heโ€™s not going to light the world on fire with Jimbo but he will manage a game well. Between him and the defense they will be in most games, I just donโ€™t think the offense will always be enough to win them. I do think that the two big play threats of Stewart and Marshall being out with suspension really impacted the passing game. The other guys just do not get separation.ย 

This is pretty much the exact same assessment I shared with a couple Aggie friends of mine.ย 
I didnโ€™t think Max offered much more in the passing game than Haynes, but he was more comfortable. That alone was big as he protected the ball better. He wonโ€™t be the reason A&M wins many games, but he shouldnโ€™t be the reason they lose.ย 
I still think last night was the best chance to give Weigman the opportunity, however. I think we see him take over at some point this season, and it made more sense to me to give him that opportunity before conference play starts.ย 

9 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

This is pretty much the exact same assessment I shared with a couple Aggie friends of mine.ย 
I didnโ€™t think Max offered much more in the passing game than Haynes, but he was more comfortable. That alone was big as he protected the ball better. He wonโ€™t be the reason A&M wins many games, but he shouldnโ€™t be the reason they lose.ย 
I still think last night was the best chance to give Weigman the opportunity, however. I think we see him take over at some point this season, and it made more sense to me to give him that opportunity before conference play starts.ย 

I think Weigmanโ€™s floor is too low right now to play him with there still being something worth playing for. Now if they drop the next 2 or 3 in the next month like is possible then yea I could see them taking their chances. But for now thereโ€™s still enough to play for I think you roll with Max and try to scrounge out some ugly wins. If you beat Arkansas this week youโ€™re still on a good track in terms of SEC play. I wouldnโ€™t hit the โ€œlet the qb take his lumpsโ€ button until your second conference loss.ย 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic