👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

401EBC7F-F411-4D9A-B4B8-396BB1FC8CB9.png

20+ touches from Achane. 7 targets for Ainias. 0 turnovers from the QB. It’s a start.

Wow! 102 of 140 receiving yards were after the catch. That averages to 3.8 yards per catch prior to turning up field. That’s exactly what I meant when I stated Johnson got the ball into his playmaker’s hands. As long as the defense continues to play that strong, Jimbo can stick with that game plan. 

37 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Wow! 102 of 140 receiving yards were after the catch. That averages to 3.8 yards per catch prior to turning up field. That’s exactly what I meant when I stated Johnson got the ball into his playmaker’s hands. As long as the defense continues to play that strong, Jimbo can stick with that game plan. 

I think that will change a lot with Stewart and Marshall back on the field. I think they will try to get them involved downfield more. 

Sitting at 2-1. Neutral site with Arkansas and 2 away games with Mississippi State and Bama. 2-4,3-3 make you want to switch to Weigman? After the Bama game you have the bye week. You’d have 2 weeks to prepare for South Carolina.

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

He's 80% of the offense, better hope he stays healthy .... without him, the aggy offense in pretty anemic ....

The backups are capable. They just aren’t using them a ton. I also don’t think the passing game will be this pedestrian all season. The more reps Johnson and the freshman WRs get the better they will be. 

The offense isn’t going to have to put up 45 a game to win. This defense likely holds opponents to 17-20 weekly. A&M will win a lot of ugly games but I do see some wins there. This weekend will tell us a lot. Arkansas is likely the second best team left on the schedule. 

Just now, Stoney said:

Sitting at 2-1. Neutral site with Arkansas and 2 away games with Mississippi State and Bama. 2-4,3-3 make you want to switch to Weigman? After the Bama game you have the bye week. You’d have 2 weeks to prepare for South Carolina.

I think for sure if you go 2-4 you’re playing Weigman the rest of the year. 3-3 and it’s a toss up. 4-2 and you’re playing Johnson and fighting like hell for a January bowl game. 

Anybody following recruiting surprised that 5* WR Hykeem Williams chose FSU over A&M? Kid comes to a Saturday night game at Kyle. 107,000 fans. To see that dynamic passing attack of Jimbo’s put up 140 passing yards. Whole sale changes must be made during the season but there’s no way that we can go into ‘23 with Jimbo’s offense. It’s time for his Saban moment and embrace the wide open offense. 

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Anybody following recruiting surprised that 5* WR Hykeem Williams chose FSU over A&M? Kid comes to a Saturday night game at Kyle. 107,000 fans. To see that dynamic passing attack of Jimbo’s put up 140 passing yards. Whole sale changes must be made during the season but there’s no way that we can go into ‘23 with Jimbo’s offense. It’s time for his Saban moment and embrace the wide open offense. 

Jimbo is not the best and we’ve all witnessed it the past couple years, but A&M is locked in with him for better or worse.

Maybe Jimbo will adapt. 

Been reading articles this morning on A&M. 

I swear if Texas A&M won Natty headline would read 

After a bitter lose to App state, Texas A&M offense sputters its way to National Title 

To my Longhorn friends we feel your pain. Playing an inferior opponent - But you can't get them off the field  - They control the clock and win by a field goal. 

We definitely can relate 

47 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

As I mentioned in the Longhorn thread I was out of town all weekend and didn’t get to watch any college football Saturday. How did Max Johnson play? 

11/21 for around 150 yards and a TD

He basically isn't turning the ball over, but he isn't making spectacular plays either. The defense and special teams will have to keep playing lights out if we're going to win with him at QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

11/21 for around 150 yards and a TD

He basically isn't turning the ball over, but he isn't making spectacular plays either. The defense and special teams will have to keep playing lights out if we're going to win with him at QB. 

The hidden stat for him was he probably rushed for 40ish (I don’t know the exact amount) yards and moved the chains at least 3 times I know of with his legs. That’s huge for this offense. 

8 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Between the '22 and '23 classes, there is no reason why A&M shouldn't have the number one defense in America (by far) and playing for a natty in two years.

I think there are 2 more 5 star defenders coming in this class still as well. The defense is absolutely loaded. Last years class and this one I agree will have A&M as the best defense in the country come 2024 season. 

• Mr. P locked this topic