👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

So what do you do? Do you get an actual OC? Do you tell Jimbo that what he’s calling is not practical? 

Here’s the thing, when Jimbo plays young starters he protects them. I have zero doubt if he plays Weigman right now, he would sharing the playbook and ride achane and give Weigman simple looks that lets him throw the quick route or take off. 

The offensive line isn’t protecting well but that’s because they are calling ridiculous plays. Throw a damn go route here and there and let your elite athlete Evan Stewart either beat his guy or draw a PI. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Here’s the thing, when Jimbo plays young starters he protects them. I have zero doubt if he plays Weigman right now, he would sharing the playbook and ride achane and give Weigman simple looks that lets him throw the quick route or take off. 

The offensive line isn’t protecting well but that’s because they are calling ridiculous plays. Throw a damn go route here and there and let your elite athlete Evan Stewart either beat his guy or draw a PI. 

Really don’t want to be that guy, and this comment is me as a football fan, burnt orange glasses off… 

A&M is paying Jimbo way too much for this product. Humble yourself and find an OC or something, jimbo. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

Really don’t want to be that guy, and this comment is me as a football fan, burnt orange glasses off… 

A&M is paying Jimbo way too much for this product. Humble yourself and find an OC or something, jimbo. 

I 100% agree and I know it’s not just orange glasses talking. 

• Like 1

Every single team in the country throws that 50/50 go route at least 5 times a game. It’s rarely a pick. It’s completed 50% of the time, is a PI 25%. A&M could throw that 5-6 times a game and it would do wonders for the running game. 

14 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I mean a few big money donors are paying his salary. 

• Like 1

Stewart was extremely lazy there. That’s a kid that didn’t want to catch it. Decent ball 

Thats what I’m talking about regarding the offense though. It’s like they are snakebit. They just continue to do things that mess them up and it’s different every week. One week it’s penalties. The next week it’s dropped passes. The next week it’s weird turnovers like today where 2 of them are in the redzone. One week it’s the pass pro… there is just always something.

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Jimbo has to be willing to let someone else takeover the offense. 

There’s nothing this season that can be done. You just have to take the 5 losses coming and hope you can keep the roster together while you bring in a young OC. 

Just now, WETSU said:

There’s nothing this season that can be done. You just have to take the 5 losses coming and hope you can keep the roster together while you bring in a young OC. 

I understand that but even going forward. He’s got all the leverage and I know fans want a new OC but he has to be willing to hand over the offense and I just don’t see him doing that yet. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Both tipped in the air by his receivers. 

Based on what I saw today I start Haynes against Bama. 

Definitely not his fault. Which is why I feel for him. He was giving the team a little buzz for a second. 

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

He poses more of a threat with his legs imo.

The issue is when he was the starter, he ran like absolute poop. I mean honestly his legs were more liability than weapon those first two games. 

My argument against him is when he’s on the field the offense just looks like it panics. Everything seems reckless and frantic. Johnson is the polar opposite. Everything seems so calm and lethargic that there’s no energy whatsoever. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The issue is when he was the starter, he ran like absolute poop. I mean honestly his legs were more liability than weapon those first two games. 

My argument against him is when he’s on the field the offense just looks like it panics. Everything seems reckless and frantic. Johnson is the polar opposite. Everything seems so calm and lethargic that there’s no energy whatsoever. 

Yeah I mean at the end of the day, there’s no answer at QB. I feel it’s going to be real rough the rest of the way if Jimbo can’t figure it out 

23 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yeah I mean at the end of the day, there’s no answer at QB. I feel it’s going to be real rough the rest of the way if Jimbo can’t figure it out 

I’m watching teams all over the country field competent offenses with average qb play. At some point it’s not QB play it’s a system that’s not QB friendly. 

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic