๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

ย I think Fisher can hire a playcaller than runs similar concepts but throws in a little better game management as well as feel for tempo and it will be fine.ย 

That is what I have been asking, does he hire someone that he can teach or knows his system, or does he bring in a new system all together....I know you speak from a coaching standpoint, but not everyone in the stands understands the Xs and Os of the game, they see plays that work, they see "uptempo" teams....and that is what they want...Many thought that A&M would be in the thick of the national playoff talks by this time in Jimbo's time at A&M....

Or does Jimbo not trust anyone with the offense....and continues to call the plays.....I think it would serve him well to hire someone with experience in his system to call plays....or a system similar, and teach them his playbook...this is from an outsider....who's other family members are huge supporters of A&M and donors.....I, being the eldest, had to go to SFA to continue my education....But that's ok, lots of Aggies there too....:rofl:

9 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

That is what I have been asking, does he hire someone that he can teach or knows his system, or does he bring in a new system all together....I know you speak from a coaching standpoint, but not everyone in the stands understands the Xs and Os of the game, they see plays that work, they see "uptempo" teams....and that is what they want...Many thought that A&M would be in the thick of the national playoff talks by this time in Jimbo's time at A&M....

Or does Jimbo not trust anyone with the offense....and continues to call the plays.....I think it would serve him well to hire someone with experience in his system to call plays....or a system similar, and teach them his playbook...this is from an outsider....who's other family members are huge supporters of A&M and donors.....I, being the eldest, had to go to SFA to continue my education....But that's ok, lots of Aggies there too....:rofl:

I think the ship has sailed regarding hiring an OC. It will definitely be the type of hire that can create excitement of a new look Aggie offense. Fisher will have a hand on it but thatโ€™s okay. Like I said above I am more concerned with Jimbos game management than his actual scheme. Giving playcalling duties alone to someone else even if the scheme is more or less the same could have a big impact.ย 

Edited by WETSU

It will be interesting to see how Weigman performs against the remaining SEC programs. OLโ€™ Miss had zero game film on him so everything was a guessing game. Florida has an idea, and LSU should have plenty of info which could make a difference.ย 

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

It will be interesting to see how Weigman performs against the remaining SEC programs. OLโ€™ Miss had zero game film on him so everything was a guessing game. Florida has an idea, and LSU should have plenty of info which could make a difference.ย 

Thatโ€™s very true. Will defenses adjust to him faster than he adjust to college football? My guess is he continues to improve at a rate faster than the defenses can scheme against him. Itโ€™s not like heโ€™s a guy that came in and took over with athleticism and teams had to figure out how to keep him contained. He just ran simple plays and made the throws. Teams will learn which plays he likes and is good at, but at the same time heโ€™s learning new concepts and adjusting to the speed of the game.ย 
ย 

Im with you itโ€™s way too early to tell how good he can be, but heโ€™s given a glimmer of light in what was starting to look like a very dark tunnel. Still a ways to go to figure out if heโ€™s the guy that can save Jimbos career or not.ย 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, WETSU said:

Thatโ€™s very true. Will defenses adjust to him faster than he adjust to college football? My guess is he continues to improve at a rate faster than the defenses can scheme against him. Itโ€™s not like heโ€™s a guy that came in and took over with athleticism and teams had to figure out how to keep him contained. He just ran simple plays and made the throws. Teams will learn which plays he likes and is good at, but at the same time heโ€™s learning new concepts and adjusting to the speed of the game.ย 
ย 

Im with you itโ€™s way too early to tell how good he can be, but heโ€™s given a glimmer of light in what was starting to look like a very dark tunnel. Still a ways to go to figure out if heโ€™s the guy that can save Jimbos career or not.ย 

He gets the ball out quick and just looks confident back there. Not 100% sold on him just yet, but there's definitely talent there that should give A&M fans some hope. Just don't panic when he has a bad game or two, he's a good one and fans have to grow with him. We are going through that with Ewers, and it was the same way with Ehlinger. Let him make some mistakes and grow.

My only concern is can Jimbo get out of his own way moving forward? I think that's the biggest question.

ย 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, osup116 said:

Anyone heard that flu is hitting team. Heard several down with it. Including weigman

Yea looks like multiple starters sick this week. Going to be game time decisions for almost everyone considering what sickness does to a locker room. Iโ€™ll say this, if a D1 athlete misses a game for the flu, every single member of the medical staff needs to be fired. I work with the flu every year and itโ€™s sucks but With top notch medical treatment and ivs I could play. If a 19 year old elite athlete canโ€™t there are issues all around.ย 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yea looks like multiple starters sick this week. Going to be game time decisions for almost everyone considering what sickness does to a locker room. Iโ€™ll say this, if a D1 athlete misses a game for the flu, every single member of the medical staff needs to be fired. I work with the flu every year and itโ€™s sucks but With top notch medical treatment and ivs I could play. If a 19 year old elite athlete canโ€™t there are issues all around.ย 

Whatโ€™s coming down the pike next? The Black Plague? Locusts? Do we need to start spreading lambs blood over door frames? This is almost absurd the levels of adversity this team has faced, self inflicted and from outside sources.ย 

• LOL! 3

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

Iโ€™ve had the flu 3 times in my life. ย All 3 times it put me on my butt for 2-3 days. ย I laugh when I see somebody buying cold medicine at the store saying they โ€œhave a touch of the fluโ€. ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Am I the only one that thinks Weigman may have gotten a concussion last week?ย  His head hit the ground pretty hard and he looked lifeless on the ground when an OL picked him.ย  Looked kinda' out of it when he finally came around.

Itโ€™s definitely possible.ย 

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Iโ€™ve had the flu 3 times in my life. ย All 3 times it put me on my butt for 2-3 days. ย I laugh when I see somebody buying cold medicine at the store saying they โ€œhave a touch of the fluโ€. ย 

Oh I agree itโ€™s not fun. I think people do handle it differently as well. But my point is I am a middle aged out of shape man and I have found ways to push through the flu. I just think an elite 18-22 year old athlete with top notch medical care should be able to get through it and play.ย 

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Oh I agree itโ€™s not fun. I think people do handle it differently as well. But my point is I am a middle aged out of shape man and I have found ways to push through the flu. I just think an elite 18-22 year old athlete with top notch medical care should be able to get through it and play.ย 

Depends on when it hits. ย But 2 days of flu meds are usually needed. ย Serious question, are college athletes allowed prednisone for a boost during illness?

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

Who all has it, besides Weigman?

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I had the flu and Covid in the same year. The flu had me bed ridden for 3 days with lingering side effects days after that. And I'm the person that hits the gym 6 days a week and runs 10-15 miles a week on top of that. It did a number on me (and every other time I've had the flu). With Covid I lost my taste and smell and was tired for a day.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these kids were really out. The flu doesn't discriminate that's for sure.

ย 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I had the flu and Covid in the same year. The flu had me bed ridden for 3 days with lingering side effects days after that. And I'm the person that hits the gym 6 days a week and runs 10-15 miles a week on top of that. It did a number on me (and every other time I've had the flu). With Covid I lost my taste and smell and was tired for a day.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of these kids were really out. The flu doesn't discriminate that's for sure.

ย 

My dad was the same way.ย  Lost 10 lbs in a week.

4 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Yeah... There are colds.... And then there is the FLU.ย 

On 11/1/2022 at 1:08 PM, DannyZuco said:

so A&M wants Kevin Sumlin back, gotcha

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Odd thingโ€ฆ., Iโ€™ve taken a flu shot twice, and both times I had the flu within a month

Me too. Thatโ€™s why I donโ€™t get it yearly. I know they say that doesnโ€™t matter, but I havenโ€™t trusted a flu shot for a long time. Made my decision to not get Covid vaccinated that much easier.ย 

• Mr. P locked this topic