๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

7 hours ago, country said:

Everything woke turns to?

Ags will not have to use covid this year for backing outta of a Bowl.

Bad business decision last year.

Plain and simple the players did not play this year.

You realize that last year wasn't a "business decision" and was because the NCAA wouldn't let us play because we didn't have enough to field a team, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, country said:

No I do not. So why DId 'nt A%M ever proclaimย  "The Ncaa wont let us play?. i Looked a Little and NEVER saw that.

ย Covid 19 is only excuse I ever saw A&M give

Because thereโ€™s no reason to appease the mouth-breathers like yourself who would rather look like an idiot on a message board than show a little common sense.ย 

3 hours ago, country said:

No I do not. So why DId 'nt A%M ever proclaimย  "The Ncaa wont let us play?. i Looked a Little and NEVER saw that.

ย Covid 19 is only excuse I ever saw A&M give

They didโ€ฆ. Ross Bjork and Jimbo Fisher said it at the time.ย 

Between opt outs and covid, it dropped A&M below the minimum.ย 

45 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

A&M does not have a single offensive skill player committed for the 23' class.ย  That's just hard to believe at this point.ย  Are they going to evaluate Sr film and look to get guys after NSD1 or dip into the portal?

I think once they missed their first few big targets late summer early fall and then looked inept on offense for a few weeks, it was clear the offensive staff was likely out the door. Iโ€™d be shocked if anyone but Coley remains. Itโ€™s hard to recruit hard knowing youโ€™re gone and I think A&M knows that. I expect them to hire a splash hire at OC and hit the portal hard and hope for the best.ย 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:21 PM, WETSU said:

I think itโ€™s a combination of bad season, sending a message to the AD about staff changes and the weather. It was around 40 and drizzling most of the game.ย 

I think this is the lowest morale has been in 40 years and attendance reflects that. I do think youโ€™ll likely see a little life for the lsu game from the fans but most are just ready to quit this season and move on to the off-season. Honestly Iโ€™m only watching now because I do not have the strength to walk away. Itโ€™s a literal addiction at this point. Iโ€™m sure other fans can relate.ย 

I heard one aggie say it hailed at halftime and that was why most people left. Chad Hastings on the Horn FM.ย 

59 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think once they missed their first few big targets late summer early fall and then looked inept on offense for a few weeks, it was clear the offensive staff was likely out the door. Iโ€™d be shocked if anyone but Coley remains. Itโ€™s hard to recruit hard knowing youโ€™re gone and I think A&M knows that. I expect them to hire a splash hire at OC and hit the portal hard and hope for the best.ย 

Who's on your O.C. Xmas list?ย 

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Who's on your O.C. Xmas list?ย 

Honestly, it all depends on what Jimbo is willing to do. If heโ€™s gonna take a step back and just recruit and be a CEO then I want little Riley. If heโ€™s gonna still want his hand on everything then I think go with a guy like Grimes at Baylor or maybe Longo at UNC. They run pro style offenses with running games just know how to use tempo and innovative ideas.ย 
ย 

Whatโ€™s more important to me believe it or not is for Jimbo to take his hands off the defense.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Coleyโ€™s recruiting ties with Florida and the job heโ€™s done with these young WRs has him on my keep list too. If Craig still has a job after this season then heโ€™s gotta have pictures on Jimbo or something. A former QB at QB coach and itโ€™s not been pretty.ย 

Looking like the Tessier kid as PWO could be our QB. RB be Moss, Daniels, maybe a chance of Achane coming back. Who knows with the WRs. Donovan Green, Thor and maybe you feel good about Jake Johnson sticking around. O-line needs some transfer portal competition for starting spots.ย 
ย 

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Coleyโ€™s recruiting ties with Florida and the job heโ€™s done with these young WRs has him on my keep list too. If Craig still has a job after this season then heโ€™s gotta have pictures on Jimbo or something. A former QB at QB coach and itโ€™s not been pretty.ย 

Looking like the Tessier kid as PWO could be our QB. RB be Moss, Daniels, maybe a chance of Achane coming back. Who knows with the WRs. Donovan Green, Thor and maybe you feel good about Jake Johnson sticking around. O-line needs some transfer portal competition for starting spots.ย 
ย 

Are you saying you think all 3 current QBs transfer out?ย 

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

ย 

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yeah I made that about as clear as mud. Nah, someone had mentioned our recruiting being down especially at the skill positions in this class. I donโ€™t see Weigman transferring out. I think 1 of the 2 sticks around. Be surprised if all 3 do. After we struck out on top 10 QBs and flipping Novosad, that preferred walk on is the route we go for QB in the โ€˜23 class isโ€ฆinteresting. I donโ€™t even wanna think about RB or WR. Either holding onto kids from escaping to the portal or maybe, finally using the portal to shore up holes. ESD, NSD and portal is going to be interesting this year for A&M.

23 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Operative words here are โ€œyou canโ€. Does it mean โ€œIโ€ can or will? Time will tell.

This off-season is the rubicon of Jimboโ€™s remaining tenure at A&M. No changes and the buyout really comes into play. The CEO role is taken, new hires revamp the team? The hires are โ€˜22 hires2.0? Weโ€™ll find out hopefully soon.

Watching Michigan gives me the slightest bit of hope (I have very little) that Jimbo can right the ship. Harbaugh had a Jimbo type season where he was left for dead and all but fired. Two years later he makes the playoffs and looks like it could be back to back years if they can hold on. Hell the way they have played today I think they could possibly win the whole thing. It can be done. Not saying Jimbo can but itโ€™s not impossible.ย 

Edited by WETSU

• Mr. P locked this topic