👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

30 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

My Facebook feed is blown up with Aggie friends posting all about the game. I'm like... where you guys been?

This is just my opinion, but I think the biggest gain from tonight's win is possibly keeping some guys that might have been thinking of hitting the portal. And the biggest loss is Jimbo might be able to persuade the higher ups that he doesn't need an OC. His on field interview after the game, he said something like "this is what we should have been doing all year long if we would have just executed."

I do think this was a positive from a momentum standpoint in convincing a few guys to stay (moose looking at you) and it might help with a guy or two in attendance. 

I think Jimbos statements were more about justifying the past season more so than advocating for the next one. I could be wrong but I think he understands that changes need to happen. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Texas A&M Transfer Portal list:

DE Elijah Jeudy 

DE Donnell Harris

I expect that to be the heaviest area of attrition. You can likely add Lucas to that shortly. but the bulk will stay. It will still be one of the deepest and most talented groups in the country. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Congrats on the win guys!!!  It sucks to be 5-7, us longhorn fans know, but finishing with a win over LSU is better than losing to Kansas.

Haha thanks. Last nights win DID go a long way despite it only getting us to 5 wins. I’m far more optimistic about the OL moving forward

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Wonder if there's any truth to this? By the way congrats on the win!

Probably Brent Z does have connections in the athletic department. 

• Thanks 1

Question- Does the league get all the money when the levy these fines?

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (November 27, 2022) - The Southeastern Conference announced today that Texas A&M University will be fined for a violation of the league's access to competition area policy due to fans entering the field following its football game against Louisiana State University on November 26.

Texas A&M will incur a fine of $250,000 for a third offense under the league's access to competition area policy. Texas A&M was last fined for a violation following its football game against Alabama in 2021.

3 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama (November 27, 2022) - The Southeastern Conference announced today that Texas A&M University will be fined for a violation of the league's access to competition area policy due to fans entering the field following its football game against Louisiana State University on November 26.

Texas A&M will incur a fine of $250,000 for a third offense under the league's access to competition area policy. Texas A&M was last fined for a violation following its football game against Alabama in 2021.

I think the field storming was stupid. But the players enjoyed themselves (I’ve seen some videos where they appeared to really appreciate the excitement) and I think that a little excitement for them after this long season is worth the money. I wish we wouldnt be a 5-7 team celebrating beating a 9-3 team though… 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think the field storming was stupid. But the players enjoyed themselves (I’ve seen some videos where they appeared to really appreciate the excitement) and I think that a little excitement for them after this long season is worth the money. I wish we wouldnt be a 5-7 team celebrating beating a 9-3 team though… 

I don’t have a problem with fans storming the field after a big upset. I also think a 4 win team beating the #10 team in the country is absolutely worth celebrating. 
What I think is stupid, is the NCAA fining teams for it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Congrats on the win guys!!!  It sucks to be 5-7, us longhorn fans know, but finishing with a win over LSU is better than losing to Kansas.

A loss to Kansas this year isn’t a horrible loss, but luckily you guys didn’t do it this time

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t have a problem with fans storming the field after a big upset. I also think a 4 win team beating the #10 team in the country is absolutely worth celebrating. 
What I think is stupid, is the NCAA fining teams for it. 

I thought lsu was number 5? 😏

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

How much money is A&M going to throw at Moore the OL coach at Michigan?

Not enough. He’s elite and it would take OC money and title to get him imo.

I think the new OC hire will determine what happens with the rest of the hires. I am thinking new OC and let him hire his own OL, QB, WR/TE coach. Coley and Robinson could/should be retained as they are good recruiters and coaches. 

Defensively I believe a move needs to be made at LB coach and I think it’s going to be hard to keep Robinson around another year. 

16 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Reading that money goes to the SEC post-graduate scholarship fund

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

I thought lsu was number 5? 😏

Lol I will say.... A&M does have a habit of beating teams when they're highly ranked and then they go on to not be as good afterward. When we beat Arkansas, I believe they were a Top 10 team. And Miami was Top 15. I get that we count it as a win over Top 10, but it IS somewhat misleading. 

Funny enough, A&M had 5 wins this year. Three of those were against Top 15 teams (2 of those being Top 10). 

Regardless, to beat a team like LSU, even if they were sleepwalking through the game, was a nice high note to end the season on. Especially since a lot of the young guys looked better and better each week. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Lol I will say.... A&M does have a habit of beating teams when they're highly ranked and then they go on to not be as good afterward. When we beat Arkansas, I believe they were a Top 10 team. And Miami was Top 15. I get that we count it as a win over Top 10, but it IS somewhat misleading. 

Funny enough, A&M had 5 wins this year. Three of those were against Top 15 teams (2 of those being Top 10). 

Regardless, to beat a team like LSU, even if they were sleepwalking through the game, was a nice high note to end the season on. Especially since a lot of the young guys looked better and better each week. 

If they can keep the roster mostly together (I think they will) then there are some really bright spots heading into next year. The amount of youth that played majors roles is just unheard of, and when the playcalling is good they showed what they can do Saturday night. 

Lots of speculation that Jimbo wasn’t even calling plays Saturday night. I don’t know if I believe that, but there was a noticeable difference in  it only the playcalling but the speed in which the plays were relayed in. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If they can keep the roster mostly together (I think they will) then there are some really bright spots heading into next year. The amount of youth that played majors roles is just unheard of, and when the playcalling is good they showed what they can do Saturday night. 

Lots of speculation that Jimbo wasn’t even calling plays Saturday night. I don’t know if I believe that, but there was a noticeable difference in  it only the playcalling but the speed in which the plays were relayed in. 

There was a huge difference in playcalling. First of all, we used an I formation more on Saturday than I think we have all year, combined. Things were a lot simpler. Also, sets with a tight end and wing back. Loved every minute of it. Jimbo always talked about execution... I feel like his playcalling didn't put players in the best position to execute most of the time. 

And yeah, a lot of that young talent got better week to week. They showed they can compete with a top-tier team on Saturday. LSU DID look lifeless for a bit of the game... Though I don't know how you can be ranked #5 with the #2 team ahead of you losing and not be ready to go- a playoff spot was wide open for them. Still, the young guys show promise. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

There was a huge difference in playcalling. First of all, we used an I formation more on Saturday than I think we have all year, combined. Things were a lot simpler. Also, sets with a tight end and wing back. Loved every minute of it. Jimbo always talked about execution... I feel like his playcalling didn't put players in the best position to execute most of the time. 

And yeah, a lot of that young talent got better week to week. They showed they can compete with a top-tier team on Saturday. LSU DID look lifeless for a bit of the game... Though I don't know how you can be ranked #5 with the #2 team ahead of you losing and not be ready to go- a playoff spot was wide open for them. Still, the young guys show promise. 

Whoever was responsible for that deserves a promotion. The I-formation is god. There are no formations before it. Amen. 

Here’s a little bit of good news for @WETSU and @JohnnyFootball….McKinley Jackson appears to be headed back for his senior year. Injury plagued junior year. When heathy and in the lineup probably our best d-lineman in ‘22. Give this team in ‘23 a little more veteran leadership, some of these young guys wanting to get the bad taste of ‘22 out of their mouth.

• Mr. P locked this topic