👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

18 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sad to see him go. Wanted him to work out here. He will go somewhere with a good system and light it up. 

Also sad to see that our fan base has quite a few toxic assholes in it on how they behaved towards him. Even moreso than Mond. Oh well. 

I wanted the local guy to be the guy. I hated it didn’t work but with his guts, toughness he’ll make someone a good starting QB.

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Denver Harris in the portal

Man I really wanted this guy last year for Texas.  I don't recall anything in his recruitment that would have indicated he would turn until a total head case and problem.  Glad Texas ended up flipping Terrance Brooks, he started the last two games and looked good, I think he'll end up being a good one.

19 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Man I really wanted this guy last year for Texas.  I don't recall anything in his recruitment that would have indicated he would turn until a total head case and problem.  Glad Texas ended up flipping Terrance Brooks, he started the last two games and looked good, I think he'll end up being a good one.

North Shore kids are different. Shadrach Banks was recruited as a WR, shows up looking like a LB and is gone within a month. Zach Evans is Zach Evans. Denver posted IG video doing donuts in a parking garage. Busted for sneaking off to Prairie View A&M the night before a game. Busted for smoking weed in locker room before/after South Carolina. Busted driving the car that PJ Williams had a felony amount of weed in. Texas A&M rumoredly wouldn’t have allowed him back in school because of the weed arrest.

• LOL! 1
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

North Shore kids are different. Shadrach Banks was recruited as a WR, shows up looking like a LB and is gone within a month. Zach Evans is Zach Evans. Denver posted IG video doing donuts in a parking garage. Busted for sneaking off to Prairie View A&M the night before a game. Busted for smoking weed in locker room before/after South Carolina. Busted driving the car that PJ Williams had a felony amount of weed in. Texas A&M rumoredly wouldn’t have allowed him back in school because of the weed arrest.

Sorry had to laugh. Just a kid athlete that thinks " he's the best."

14 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Truth, they all needed to be gone. I don't care if they were projected 1st rounders.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Truth, they all needed to be gone. I don't care if they were projected 1st rounders.

PJ Williams just entered the portal but with his legal issues he may be there awhile. This is the most off the field 💩 I can remember A&M going through under Jimbo.  You hate seeing talent wasted but man they do need a dose of reality.

• Like 1

Jeff Tarpley- a little long read so sorry in advance but basically we’re close to naming the OC.

Finally, we’ve been told that the expectation is that the offensive coordinator search should be wrapped up by the end of this week (if the news doesn’t break or isn’t announced outright at that time). 

The timing on this hire is a little different than what we’ve seen in the past from A&M boss Jimbo Fisher who brought in two defensive coordinators in January. However, those A&M teams were supposed to be playing in bowl games and their recruiting classes on that side of the ball were already pretty well stocked (the Aggies secured only a few commits down the stretch in 2018 and the 2022 class was done by early signing day). In contrast, this team only has four line commits on offense. They’re going to need some input from a coordinator for evaluations and also have to be able to perhaps sell someone to prospects from both the high school ranks and the portal on a coordinator. 

In case you’re wondering why nothing has broken in terms of a name, that’s because only one guy is doing the hiring, that’s Fisher, and he’s not talking. If it leaks, it will be an accident.

On 12/2/2022 at 4:11 PM, Red90fly said:

Think he could end up at UTSA with Traylor or TX State with Kinne?

I thought before this Season that King would end up at UTSA. They have the Senior QB leaving. Just think with the move up to the AAC that Traylor can probably find a better option in the Portal. Texas State would love to have him but can't see King transferring to a Sunbelt Conference cellar dweller. 

11 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I thought before this Season that King would end up at UTSA. They have the Senior QB leaving. Just think with the move up to the AAC that Traylor can probably find a better option in the Portal. Texas State would love to have him but can't see King transferring to a Sunbelt Conference cellar dweller. 

I wonder if Kinne brings his UIW QB? 

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

I wonder if Kinne brings his UIW QB? 

Not sure if he has anymore eligibility. Hell of a Player but I saw where UIW was his 5th college team and 7th Year!! How is that even possible?. I thought you could do Redshirt and Covid year (which is 6 years) 

23 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Not sure if he has anymore eligibility. Hell of a Player but I saw where UIW was his 5th college team and 7th Year!! How is that even possible?. I thought you could do Redshirt and Covid year (which is 6 years) 

Medical Redshirt

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Redshirt, Medical Redshirt, Covid year maybe?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Not sure which is more of a sign of the times- The fact that he had transferred to 5 different schools or the 7 years of College football! 😂

Myles Jones just transferred out and I think he’s got 7 years and can still play? I don’t get it.

10 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Sounds like the Jordan Shipley plan while he was at Texas.  Seemed like he was there forever.  And...did you know that Shipley's dad and McCoy's dad were college roommates?!

I made a joke on Twitter about how Colt McCoy looks like the guy the girl in hallmark Christmas movie falls in love with after moving to a small town. Instead of Colt having a cute kid or a cute puppy, he’s got Jordan Shipley. 

• Mr. P locked this topic