👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

24 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Rueben Owens has decommitted from Louisville and several Crystal balls went in for him to flip to A&M.

Phil Longo is the new OC at Wisconsin.

@WETSU @JohnnyFootball

Owens gives me Zach Evans vibes. Really good player, but there is something about him that I don’t like. But he would definitely be a difference maker with Achane leaving.

28 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Owens gives me Zach Evans vibes. Really good player, but there is something about him that I don’t like. But he would definitely be a difference maker with Achane leaving.

He kinda gives off diva vibes. That would give some juice to an already topsy turvy off-season.

35 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Is the OC job really that enticing? I genuinely ask that. Because imo it's going to be Jimbo's offense regardless...

I just don't believe that whoever comes in as OC is really getting free reign.

Whoever gets the job has some talent to work with. Weigman was just a freshman. Owens, Daniels, Moss might be handled more evenly under new OC. Moose and Stewart aren’t bad. Jake Johnson, Donovan Green are young at TE. There’s no way, no way the o-line can be that bad again. I’m the guy who thought there was no way the QB play could be as bad as Calzada last year. So what do I know? 

If Jimbo becomes the CEO, lets the OC call the plays hopefully you see some improvement. Things were bad this year. Real bad. The only thing that gives us fans any hope is as bad as it was, we were still in several games with a horrible offense.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Whoever gets the job has some talent to work with. Weigman was just a freshman. Owens, Daniels, Moss might be handled more evenly under new OC. Moose and Stewart aren’t bad. Jake Johnson, Donovan Green are young at TE. There’s no way, no way the o-line can be that bad again. I’m the guy who thought there was no way the QB play could be as bad as Calzada last year. So what do I know? 

If Jimbo becomes the CEO, lets the OC call the plays hopefully you see some improvement. Things were bad this year. Real bad. The only thing that gives us fans any hope is as bad as it was, we were still in several games with a horrible offense.

I definitely see your point and I agree, there's a lot to work with and plenty to be optimistic about. I guess what makes me skeptical is Jimbo turning over the keys and just being the CEO. Only time will tell on that, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I definitely see your point and I agree, there's a lot to work with and plenty to be optimistic about. I guess what makes me skeptical is Jimbo turning over the keys and just being the CEO. Only time will tell on that, though.

I just saw the rumored leader by Luicci for the job…..Bobby Petrino do anything for anybody?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ETXfan16 said:

A&M will regret this big time if this goes through. Petrino has been on a decline, not to mentioned his checkered past...

He has as a head coach. Usually a coach doesn't do so hot 2nd time around. 

Still an offensive genius, though. But he's old. We're replacing one dinosaur with another. 

And yeah, I can't get over his past. Then again, a lot of teams have coaches with similar baggage. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He has as a head coach. Usually a coach doesn't do so hot 2nd time around. 

Still an offensive genius, though. But he's old. We're replacing one dinosaur with another. 

And yeah, I can't get over his past. Then again, a lot of teams have coaches with similar baggage. 

It's a very underwhelming hire imo. I was thinking it would be a young guy.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's a very underwhelming hire imo. I was thinking it would be a young guy.

9 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

They were waiting on little Riley like a dude waiting on "I will" after a proposal. 

He may work out but there needs to be an understanding, NO liquor stores in CS can give him whiskey.

Maybe @MeanGreenDogs64 can confirm some of this but there’s smoke about Riley taking the North Texas job?

10 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Is the OC job really that enticing? I genuinely ask that. Because imo it's going to be Jimbo's offense regardless...

I just don't believe that whoever comes in as OC is really getting free reign.

Figurehead position to appease the people calling for Jumbo's head .... Jumbo will probably use him to signal in the plays and hold his clipboard ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Maybe @MeanGreenDogs64 can confirm some of this but there’s smoke about Riley taking the North Texas job?

It was mentioned that on gomeangreen.com that it's a possibility he might accept the job on Monday. I will report back if I get confirmed reports. So far, people have been mentioning Fuente as the main guy. He already lives in the metroplex. I think we know more after this weekend. They are trying to get AD named. The frontrunner for that seems to be the interim Jared Mosley.

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/157164-my-top-6-picks-to-be-next-head-coach-of-north-texas/page/3/#comments

Edited by MeanGreenDogs64
  • Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic