👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

Who else could be an OC option?

• Andy Ludwig (Utah): I’ve continued to hear this name more and more, if only from A&M fans. He’s led a very successful Utah offense (top 15 in scoring each of the past two seasons), and if he were the guy, the Utes’ upcoming Rose Bowl appearance would be a good reason for the hire to not yet be announced.
  • Jeff Grimes (Baylor): A Power 5 OC who is a Texas native (and already coaching in Texas), I can see why Grimes would be a name that gets mentioned. This might be a solid hire, if not a particularly “splashy” one.
  • Kliff Kingsbury (Arizona Cardinals😞 Before becoming an NFL head coach (or a head coach at all), Kingbury was Kevin Sumlin’s first offensive coordinator at Texas A&M. While it seems like Kingsbury’s time at the helm in Arizona is coming to an end, his most likely destination is as an NFL coordinator. But I’m sure this is a call A&M would make to see if he is interested in a return to College Station.
  • Warren Ruggiero (Wake Forest😞 I haven’t heard much talk about him at all, but it’s hard to argue against a guy who produced top 20 offenses each of the last two seasons. But like Woods at SMU, his system may be a bit too pass-heavy for Jimbo’s liking.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Why Ga Tech?  I don’t like the move at all

Maybe cause it’s a fantastic school, especially one to get a graduate degree from?

All I can think of is that he’s trying to go the academics route and is using football to pay for it. 

If that’s the case, I think it’s an excellent move. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Maybe cause it’s a fantastic school, especially one to get a graduate degree from?

All I can think of is that he’s trying to go the academics route and is using football to pay for it. 

Yup. Georgia Tech is a VERY good school. He will at least come out with a nice degree.

On 12/19/2022 at 10:11 AM, JohnnyFootball said:

Could have got that at Rice and stayed in state

On 12/22/2022 at 5:15 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Even my Aggie friends say they are stunned he said this...

What is incorrect in what he said? 

Clearly kids enter the portal and leave it like an hour later, if that. There is certainly tampering happening. 

Also, I don't know of a soul that thinks NIL is not "the wild west" right now and needs to be regulated. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

What is incorrect in what he said? 

Clearly kids enter the portal and leave it like an hour later, if that. There is certainly tampering happening. 

Also, I don't know of a soul that thinks NIL is not "the wild west" right now and needs to be regulated. 

He used it to his advantage last year. Soooo, what's wrong with it this year?

C'mon, he flat went dumb again.

Edited by Sportsfanatic1

52 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

He used it to his advantage last year. Soooo, what's wrong with it this year?

C'mon, he flat went dumb again.

Like DB, please show proof he used it last year or stop bringing it up. And I don’t mean message board comments from dudes like yourself. Show me a recruit mentioning how much he got. Show me the numbers (which are state mandated to be ran through compliance and are public record). Show me something… 

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Like DB, please show proof he used it last year or stop bringing it up. And I don’t mean message board comments from dudes like yourself. Show me a recruit mentioning how much he got. Show me the numbers (which are state mandated to be ran through compliance and are public record). Show me something… 

Now let's talk numbers.

39th in transfer portal rankings.

14th in recruiting rankings. This is all by 247. Some sites have them lower than that.

• Mr. P locked this topic