👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

On 7/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, Lhornfan said:

Jimbo needs to reel this guy in a little in my opinion. I know this kind of language happens on the field, but it doesn't need to be on social media. Many parents of recruits won't like it, and we know that mom and dad play a big role in recruiting for most players.

PS - had to look up "JIT." It's prison slang for young wannabe thugs. Just not a good look IMO for the Aggies.

image.jpeg

It also means "someone younger than you". It's a Florida thing. 

21 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Well, you do have a coach preaching the Thug Life at A&M. 🤷🏼‍♂️

In what universe is he "preaching the Thug Life"? Cause he said "JIT", a term Floridians greet one another with, and you found an urbandictionary post from 18 years ago saying it was prison slang? Lmao

That's quite a stone you're throwing for someone who's assistant head coach dates Pole Assassin - who has a monkey as part of her stripping act who bites kids lmao. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

In what universe is he "preaching the Thug Life"? Cause he said "JIT", a term Floridians greet one another with, and you found an urbandictionary post from 18 years ago saying it was prison slang? Lmao

That's quite a stone you're throwing for someone who's assistant head coach dates Pole Assassin - who has a monkey as part of her stripping act who bites kids lmao. 

511E7B5B-475C-429F-9CE4-FB35EE112EEF.jpeg

• LOL! 3

18 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Makes sense with Cromartie growing up in Florida. FYI, I did look at more than a few websites to find out what JIT meant. There were a couple that stated it was a greeting in mainly South Florida - especially when referring to young kids. But there was also comments from people saying it meant kids that act like they're tough and know everything "little thugs". What I do know is I've been around high school kids for 30+ years as a coach/administrator in Texas, and I've never heard the term. Also, preceding that lingo with his chosen vocabulary didn't seem to put the statement in context of just a greeting. I could be 100% wrong on his use of JIT, but I'm going to stick with my opinion that his tweet is not very professional and doesn't look good for A&M.

As for the monkey, he only bites if someone touches without paying. No freebies in the stripping world!

9 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That would be a Saban level move for Jimbo if that gets pulled off.

It’s so hard to tell with CSPD. Honestly I’ve never seen a PD go more out of their way to hit athletes for things. From my understanding Ainias blew below the legal limit twice and also the weapons charge is only an issue because of the rest of the charges. It’s not illegal to carry in the car in Texas with or without permit.  

I expect the charges to be dropped and Ainias to still serve a small suspension if nothing else just to keep appearances. 

17 hours ago, WETSU said:

It’s so hard to tell with CSPD. Honestly I’ve never seen a PD go more out of their way to hit athletes for things. From my understanding Ainias blew below the legal limit twice and also the weapons charge is only an issue because of the rest of the charges. It’s not illegal to carry in the car in Texas with or without permit.  

I expect the charges to be dropped and Ainias to still serve a small suspension if nothing else just to keep appearances. 

The DA in CS doesn't want any of Craig Greening anyway. He's an excellent attorney.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

A&M gets a top 100 commitment from a OL from New Jersey. 

I heard he was going to Alabama, but they had already spent all their NIL money on better targets. 

Just kidding... he seems pretty impressive. Saw a clip on Twitter of him squatting 8 reps at 465 with ease.

On 7/24/2022 at 11:05 AM, Hookemhorns88 said:

I agree that Smith will most likely walk but how big of an idiot do you have to be to even put yourself in that situation? 

Guns, alcohol and marijuana. Yes, I understand the law and technicalities and all but still...

Bad position to put yourself in, that's for sure. 

Why does Smith need to be rolling around with a gun?! Especially while drinking. 

7 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Will less than 10-2 this season have TAMU fans questioning Jimbo? 

Yes. Especially if it’s because of offensive explosiveness or play calling. 

Jimbo is one of the top 5 recruiting coaches in the game. He’s hired elite assistants at most positions and has shown the ability to hold onto those assistants. All that to be said, if his offense doesn’t produce this year then he better hire a true OC in the off-season or people will start to question him. 

23 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Jimbo is one of the top 5 recruiting coaches in the game. He’s hired elite assistants at most positions and has shown the ability to hold onto those assistants. All that to be said, if his offense doesn’t produce this year then he better hire a true OC in the off-season or people will start to question him. 

Thats fair. He was not brought in to have a 21-12 SEC record.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

If the offense, especially if the passing game looks pedestrian, I’ll be concerned. If that leads us to a 9-3 or worse year? Jimbo needs to look at what the issue is. My whole thought process with everyone suffering from major battered Aggie syndrome over the recruiting is I trust Jimbo because he hasn’t done anything to make me not trust him. Yet. Everyone realistically knew this was a 4,5 year build. We’re here. King, Johnson, Weigman…somebody needs to be more than what we had last year. 

Mike Elko, Josh Henson out. DJ Durkin, Steve Addazio in. I think that’s been a story that’s not gotten the attention when it comes to the recruiting side this year. It took them a while to get acquainted with recruits but when you pull in the #1 prospect out of New Jersey (Chase Bisontis) and are trending very well for Anthony Hill it appears they are acclimating quite well.

• Mr. P locked this topic