๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Stoney

51 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Thats fair. He was not brought in to have a 21-12 SEC record.

He appeared to be in on the right track in 2020, but injuries derailed the 2021 season. I think he wins 10-11 games regular season this year and gets back on track.ย 

22 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If the offense, especially if the passing game looks pedestrian, Iโ€™ll be concerned. If that leads us to a 9-3 or worse year? Jimbo needs to look at what the issue is. My whole thought process with everyone suffering from major battered Aggie syndrome over the recruiting is I trust Jimbo because he hasnโ€™t done anything to make me not trust him. Yet. Everyone realistically knew this was a 4,5 year build. Weโ€™re here. King, Johnson, Weigmanโ€ฆsomebody needs to be more than what we had last year.ย 

The defense came along quicker than I anticipated. People forget that before the QB injury essentially handcuffed A&M last year, they were coming off a top 5 finish and looked likely to land another. Give Calzada all the props for beating Bama and playing hurt, but he was a below average QB that really derailed last season. With King itโ€™s possible A&M was 10-2 at worst and we are sitting here talking about back to back New Years Day bowls. Like i mentioned in the Texas thread, just a few plays (or injuries) can make a team go from really good to mediocre.ย 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Mike Elko, Josh Henson out. DJ Durkin, Steve Addazio in. I think thatโ€™s been a story thatโ€™s not gotten the attention when it comes to the recruiting side this year. It took them a while to get acquainted with recruits but when you pull in the #1 prospect out of New Jersey (Chase Bisontis) and are trending very well for Anthony Hill it appears they are acclimating quite well.

I think the replacement of the recruiting coordinator and several staff members played a roll as well. A&M was always a step ahead of everyone last year in terms of identifying talent as well as getting them on campus. This year they seem to be playing catch-up.ย 

51 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think the replacement of the recruiting coordinator and several staff members played a roll as well. A&M was always a step ahead of everyone last year in terms of identifying talent as well as getting them on campus. This year they seem to be playing catch-up.ย 

I forgot about Malchow leaving for Oregon and the turnover in the recruiting department. That takes a little time for them to come in and figure out what a coaching staff wants. Rumors are they have things rolling now.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I forgot about Malchow leaving for Oregon and the turnover in the recruiting department. That takes a little time for them to come in and figure out what a coaching staff wants. Rumors are they have things rolling now.

I think a lot of recruiting swings on the Hill recruitment. Heโ€™s a big time get at a must need position for both teams. Heโ€™s also going to draw guys with him from what Iโ€™ve read.ย 

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

https://www.collegestationnilclub.com/
ย 

@WETSUย @JohnnyFootballย Take this with a huge grain of salt. This could be legit or could be a internet scam.

If the news spreads thatโ€™s legit, the money raised will be shocking to some. If thereโ€™s one thing Aggies do better than anyone itโ€™s spread internet stuff and raise money.ย 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

If the news spreads thatโ€™s legit, the money raised will be shocking to some. If thereโ€™s one thing Aggies do better than anyone itโ€™s spread internet stuff and raise money.ย 

Looking more and more like itโ€™s legit. OU has started one today too. Both with goals of $50,000 a month.39F566B4-554C-483C-AA35-7F13897C3FDC.png

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Rumors that a local wide receiver will be in College Station this weekend along with Deron Gullette.

The USC QB commit whoโ€™s the number 2 player in the country just showed up. Heโ€™s got a NIL deal already so doubt he entertains flipping but you never know. Seems like a long way from California on your personal dime just for the heck of it.ย 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

The USC QB commit whoโ€™s the number 2 player in the country just showed up. Heโ€™s got a NIL deal already so doubt he entertains flipping but you never know. Seems like a long way from California on your personal dime just for the heck of it.ย 

The WR who flipped with him from OU may be in College Station with him. They are trying to find out if Branch will be there too or not.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

The WR who flipped with him from OU may be in College Station with him. They are trying to find out if Branch will be there too or not.

They're simply there to recruit other players to USC. lol

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

They're simply there to recruit other players to USC. lol

Probably lol.ย 
In all seriousness though, Nelson was in Hawaii for a vacation and cut his trip short to come to CS for a visit on the same day that USC is having their big recruiting event that he in theory could be at helping recruit his teammates. That doesnโ€™t mean nothing imo. Like a poster on an A&M site said, the 5 star WR commit Branch is seriously interested in A&M and has visited a few times and many think a flip is possible. Thereโ€™s a chance heโ€™s talked to Nelson about taking a visit to see what A&M is all about.ย 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Beat me by a few seconds @Stoney

๐Ÿคฃ Wet, man what a way to kick off the weekend!! That was piece we needed to build around and off of this class. Top tier talent on the line and secondary. Now we have top tier talent at LB.

• Mr. P locked this topic