👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think his comment in the presser about "I'll think about giving the offense to someone else if I think that'll help us win" (paraphrasing) is a red flag. He's got to know that it was not solely on his players not executing the offense. They are being dealt a really bland deck of cards to work with. 

His QB didn’t even get enough plays to make an impact and he is trying to make him the fall guy?  Jimbo is a piece if he drops his game planning and inefficiency on his RS Soph QB.

73BCC519-0B24-4CE7-9693-C96F9416D4D7.jpeg

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

His QB didn’t even get enough plays to make an impact and he is trying to make him the fall guy?  Jimbo is a piece if he drops his game planning and inefficiency on his RS Soph QB.

Even the TOP discrepancy between App st and A&M is wild.

App St. - 41:29

A&M - 18:31

• Wow 1

28 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

This is what shocked me. I mean App State is a respectable program and you can't fall asleep on them, but A&M should have ran all over them. Achane is an absolute beast, and them giving up 63 points at home the week before is what makes that game so puzzling.

Not trying to throw salt in your wound. Burnt orange glasses off, as a college football fan I couldn't wrap my head around that offensive productivity, or lack thereof on Saturday. A&M fans have a right to be upset. 

No worries. I appreciate the actual football discussion all the time. Even if it's about a situation less than happy for me ha

20 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I'm sincerely hoping he doesn't. 

I had a glance at TexAgs and they're all 110% convinced Haynes is the problem. I didn't realize how absolutely toxic a large portion of the A&M fanbase has become, but I was very disappointed by what I saw there. Depressing, really. 

19 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I'm an admitted Lobo homer, but yeah...  Haynes didn't have a great game, but the playcalling was a much larger factor in lack of production. It's the coach's job to put his players in position to execute.

As I was watching the game I was mystified by Jimbo's tactics. I couldn't really understand what he was trying to do. I wasn't mad (because I really don't care about A&M), just confused.  

Just now, LOL said:

I'm an admitted Lobo homer, but yeah...  Haynes didn't have a great game, but the playcalling was a much larger factor in lack of production. It's the coach's job to put his players in position to execute.

As I was watching the game I was mystified by Jimbo's tactics. I couldn't really understand what he was trying to do. I wasn't mad (because I really don't care about A&M), just confused.  

This was a big thing. It didn't look like A&M had a plan. From coaching to individual players. 

App State had a plan and executed it. Rough rough day, man. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I had a glance at TexAgs and they're all 110% convinced Haynes is the problem. I didn't realize how absolutely toxic a large portion of the A&M fanbase has become, but I was very disappointed by what I saw there. Depressing, really. 

I don’t think it’s on Haynes either. Not saying he isn’t part of the problem, but there are lots of issues and I don’t think they are physical. I think this team is absolutely talented enough for a switch to flip or playcalling to improve and them have a decent offense to pair with what could be a really good defense if they aren’t on the field 66% of the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

This was a big thing. It didn't look like A&M had a plan. From coaching to individual players. 

App State had a plan and executed it. Rough rough day, man. 

I thought we basically sat some guys who could have played and ran a very vanilla playbook in an attempt to save something for the stretch coming up and rest some guys. But then in the butt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I thought we basically sat some guys who could have played and ran a very vanilla playbook in an attempt to save something for the stretch coming up and rest some guys. But then in the butt. 

I dunno how healthy a few of those guys were. Interior linemen on both sides missed, and it showed. 

40 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't think it would have mattered if Johnson would have played.  The knock on him at LSU is he held the ball to long and took a bunch of sacks.  Can't remember where I saw it, but he was one of the highest rated QB's sacked last year on pass plays.  Go watch the strip sack on King:  Reuben Fatheree gets tossed around like a rag doll on the play.  That's not King's fault.  Is Layden Robinson hurt?  I know he played and was pre-season SEC.  The left side of the line just doesn't look good at all.  The OL is the bigger issue IMO than King.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I dunno how healthy a few of those guys were. Interior linemen on both sides missed, and it showed. 

I would be willing to bet most of that injured list would have been playing hat it been an sec. At the very least suited out and being available. I just think we treated this like a warmup from top to bottom and got burned for it. 

7 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I don't think it would have mattered if Johnson would have played.  The knock on him at LSU is he held the ball to long and took a bunch of sacks.  Can't remember where I saw it, but he was one of the highest rated QB's sacked last year on pass plays.  Go watch the strip sack on King:  Reuben Fatheree gets tossed around like a rag doll on the play.  That's not King's fault.  Is Layden Robinson hurt?  I know he played and was pre-season SEC.  The left side of the line just doesn't look good at all.  The OL is the bigger issue IMO than King.

You may have heard it from me.  Max Johnson’s arm motion was like watching slo mo Max while hyper speed everyone else.  Jimbo goes with him, the team will burn on the stake 

21 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I’d say the most damning stats were first downs (22-9) and TOP (42-18).  They led to AppSt running 80+ plays to aTm’s 38.  Offense wasn’t good, but the defense couldn’t get off the field.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I’d say the most damning stats were first downs (22-9) and TOP (42-18).  They led to AppSt running 80+ plays to aTm’s 38.  Offense wasn’t good, but the defense couldn’t get off the field.  

Agreed the offense  isn’t alone in the blame here. They had several 4th downs or 3rd and medium-short and couldn’t get off the field. I think that’s fatigue though. They were getting off decent enough until the second half. That long drive by app st then the kickoff return causing a short turnaround was the dagger for the defense. They never got their legs back. And they were missing a lot of guys from the front 7. A couple of them starters. Just a bad day all around. 

Edited by WETSU

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

They basically ball controlled the aggys to death ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

They basically ball controlled the aggys to death ....

Before we finally move on to this week, I wanted to write a short summary:

App State's defense was better than A&M's offense.
App State's offense was better than A&M's defense.

So again, if Jimbo blames anyone other than himself for this, I will rip his ### the rest of the season and will lose complete faith in him as a good head coach.

22 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

App State's defense was better than A&M's offense.
App State's offense was better than A&M's defense.

So again, if Jimbo blames anyone other than himself for this, I will rip his ### the rest of the season and will lose complete faith in him as a good head coach.

They weren't better physically ....  the aggys had superior athletes .... they just got out couched ..... and they got out hustled .... 

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

They weren't better physically ....  the aggys had superior athletes .... they just got out couched ..... and they got out hustled .... 

While I admit I didn’t watch the whole game, the parts I did watch App was pushing A&M around on both sides of the ball. I agree that Aggies have superior athletes, but App was much more physical in that game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

While I admit I didn’t watch the whole game, the parts I did watch App was pushing A&M around on both sides of the ball. I agree that Aggies have superior athletes, but App was much more physical in that game. 

Correct. This is what’s so concerning to me. 

You can say the injured linemen had an effect on this, but really shouldn’t have. 

10 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Correct. This is what’s so concerning to me. 

You can say the injured linemen had an effect on this, but really shouldn’t have. 

Trey Zuhn is a redshirt freshman starter at LT. I have no idea what’s going at LG. Is it Aki? Is it Moko? Mathew Wykiff is another redshirt freshman starting because Foster is out. I’m guessing Layden Robinson has been banged up. Some folks say Fatheree isn’t off to a strong start. 

It’s feeling like 2021 all over again on the o-line. Injuries. Trusting young guys. The o-line didn’t find its groove until the Bama game. I don’t know if this team can handle another 4,5 game stretch of the o-line not gelling.

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Trey Zuhn is a redshirt freshman starter at LT. I have no idea what’s going at LG. Is it Aki? Is it Moko? Mathew Wykiff is another redshirt freshman starting because Foster is out. I’m guessing Layden Robinson has been banged up. Some folks say Fatheree isn’t off to a strong start. 

It’s feeling like 2021 all over again on the o-line. Injuries. Trusting young guys. The o-line didn’t find its groove until the Bama game. I don’t know if this team can handle another 4,5 game stretch of the o-line not gelling.

I think the running game would have been there last week if Jimbo tried it more. They just never trusted it. Would throw a pass on 1st down and then get behind the chains and never recover. Honestly that was about as poor of offense performance as possible. 

From what I know about decades of A&M athletics, they will come out on Saturday and look great. Probably beat Miami by 17 and everyone will be like “That’s the team I thought we would see this year!”  Everyone will get their hopes back up just to drop the next 3. If there’s one thing A&M is good at it’s doing just enough to keep you hopeful. 

• Mr. P locked this topic