👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

On 9/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, osup116 said:

Been reading articles this morning on A&M. 

I swear if Texas A&M won Natty headline would read 

After a bitter lose to App state, Texas A&M offense sputters its way to National Title 

To my Longhorn friends we feel your pain. Playing an inferior opponent - But you can't get them off the field  - They control the clock and win by a field goal. 

We definitely can relate 

The aggys on here love to rag on UT and diss Sark to death ... he's only in his second year and the Horns are making steady progress with a few setbacks and already aggys are saying his head is on the chopping block  .... it's time the aggys admit the 5 year egg they have laid with Jumbo Fischer ....

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Well, we've heard so much about how good Weigman is....Evan Stewart....Chris Marshall...Dalton Brooks..

Trench recruiting has been off the charts. 

Oh the talent is there. I have zero doubt about that. The doubts I have are scheme ONLY. Literally every single piece is on the roster right now to make a title run. The scheme has to adjust to the talent. 

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

The aggys on here love to rag on UT and diss Sark to death ... he's only in his second year and the Horns are making steady progress with a few setbacks and already aggys are saying his head is on the chopping block  .... it's time the aggys admit the 5 year egg they have laid with Jumbo Fischer ....

The same guy telling us to calm down about having negative opinions about a HC that is 2-9 vs power 5 opponents at his current school in year 2 is also wanting us to picket the streets of LA because USC in year one is undefeated and only beat a power 5 team by 3 instead of 17. 

Look Kirt. I know you’re some sort of old institution around here, but why not let sark win a few games before we say he’s making progress. That Texas team I saw on Saturday was the same Texas team I saw last year. You’re basing your entire sark love affair off of 2-9 vs power 5 and 1 good quarter of offensive football against Bama at home. Let this play out. 

57 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Look Kirt. I know you’re some sort of old institution around here, but why not let sark win a few games before we say he’s making progress. That Texas team I saw on Saturday was the same Texas team I saw last year. You’re basing your entire sark love affair off of 2-9 vs power 5 and 1 good quarter of offensive football against Bama at home. Let this play out. 

Yes, lets give Sark a chance before you are ready to wtite him off ... if you can’t see the upgrades/improvements since Texas hired, you are blind as a bat .... the recruiting alone is grounds to support what I have said .... what has Jumbo done since he won a NC at Florida State shortly after the turn of the century? .... he's closer to the hot seat than Sark ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, lets give Sark a chance before you are ready to wtite him off ... if you can’t see the upgrades/improvements since Texas hired, you are blind as a bat .... the recruiting alone is grounds to support what I have said .... what has Jumbo done since he won a NC at Florida State shortly after the turn of the century? .... he's closer to the hot seat than Sark ....

He’s two years removed from a top 5 finish where just barely missing the playoffs and just landed the best class of all time. Can Aggies be upset at his playcalling? Sure. But you’re a fool if you think he’s on a hotter seat than sark. 

Im not writing sark off. I’m also just not going to anoint him because he didn’t get blown out vs Bama. Like I said that was improvement, but this last week was the same old Texas from last year. So it’s less me writing him off, you just getting too excited over literally one good quarter of football…Give Ewers a few quarters and sark get a few wins before you start acting like he even deserves the right to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jimbo right now. 

Edited by WETSU
  • LOL! 1

51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Pretty much it seems. 

I personally never believed he would end up at Oklahoma since he left Allen. 

Reports are conflicting today. Some say he was never the OU lock thought to be some are saying it was a literally 30 min before change of heart. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I will say this. Nobody on that stage looked super happy for it to be a commitment ceremony. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Reports are conflicting today. Some say he was never the OU lock thought to be some are saying it was a literally 30 min before change of heart. 

There was one story going around that in the morning Hicks told OU he was locked in, then nothing about him flipping until he committed.

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

He’s two years removed from a top 5 finish where just barely missing the playoffs and just landed the best class of all time. Can Aggies be upset at his playcalling? Sure. But you’re a fool if you think he’s on a hotter seat than sark. 

Im not writing sark off. I’m also just not going to anoint him because he didn’t get blown out vs Bama. Like I said that was improvement, but this last week was the same old Texas from last year. So it’s less me writing him off, you just getting too excited over literally one good quarter of football…Give Ewers a few quarters and sark get a few wins before you start acting like he even deserves the right to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jimbo right now. 

Yea, glad you are happy with Jumbo .... :rofl:

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

There was one story going around that in the morning Hicks told OU he was locked in, then nothing about him flipping until he committed.

This is why I don't like to celebrate recruits until they're on the roster. 

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I will say this. Nobody on that stage looked super happy for it to be a commitment ceremony. 

I, for one, was glad it wasn't the showboat most of these ceremonies have become. He didn't have on multiple jerseys, taking them off one by one. He didn't grab one hat, and then another. He didn't place multiple chains on the table. He simply made his commitment, immediately announcing where he chose to go. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

There’s also another story that says his family and coaches have known since last weekend it was A&M. Not really sure who to believe. Just know the nil excuse will be used so I’m embracing being the villain of college football. If we win a natty with the 2022 class they will tell a 30 for 30 story about the time A&M paid 100 million for a natty which ultimately lead to them being the reason the ncaa folded and the sec and big 10 left college athletics to form a nfl minor league funded by oil money and endorsed by Dwayne Johnson. 

Edited by WETSU
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There’s also another story that says his family and coaches have known since last weekend it was A&M. Not really sure who to believe. Just know the nil excuse will be used so I’m embracing being the villain of college football. If we win a natty with the 2022 class they will tell a 30 for 30 story about the time A&M paid 100 million for a natty which ultimately lead to them being the reason the ncaa folded and the sec and big 10 left college athletics to form a nfl minor league funded by oil money and endorsed by Dwayne Johnson. 

I have seen the $4,000,000 number being tossed around.

I personally believe that would be ridiculous. However, it would be naive to state that some last minute NIL did not have some impact on this too.

15 hours ago, WETSU said:

You wanna bash Jimbo? Join the club. So do I. He has to prove he’s more than just an elite recruiter. Turn over the offense and recruit your tail off. But comparing him to sark at this point is ridiculous. 

Is Jimbo the one pulling in these elite defensive recruits? I’m not saying he isn’t just a legit question. Who is the main recruiter for all these stud DLs that keep choosing the Aggies? 

At the end of the day the fact that a 5 star DL from the Houston area was even considering Oklahoma over A&M is a recruiting a victory in itself.

The problem is not just this one. We have had 3 chances to land 1st round DL talent the past two classes and we are 0 for 3 with all the losses to A&M.

Hell, two of the three were legacies and we still could not get it done.

Edited by Valhalla

41 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I have seen the $4,000,000 number being tossed around.

I personally believe that would be ridiculous. However, it would be naive to state that some last minute NIL did not have some impact on this too.

So the poster that is saying the 4 million number says he read it on texags. There has never been a post about that on texags. It’s just like the OU guy last year that started the rumor of 30 mil, a bold faced lie. It’s naive to think some random internet poster would have knowledge of these things. 

Hicks himself on tv said he had known for 3 days where he was going. Take that how you will.

• Mr. P locked this topic