Jump to content

👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yeah I mean at the end of the day, there’s no answer at QB. I feel it’s going to be real rough the rest of the way if Jimbo can’t figure it out 

Another thing I think is this… A&M needs to force Jimbo to hire a real OC. Option A is he does and he can focus on recruiting and Bext year you regroup and see what you can do. Option B it makes him mad and he will leave on his own accord saving you buyout money. Either way something changes and right now change is the most important thing better or worse. I mean quite frankly it doesn’t get much worse offensively. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This season has turned out to be a let the young guys get their reps seasons. There’s gotta be a long hard look at the coaching staff. Yeah I’m beating a dead horse but the question’s gotta be asked what Jimbo is going to do solve the problems on offense. Is it team evaluation at key positions (QB,OL), new hires having first year scheme change issues, the scheme has become outdated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stoney said:

This season has turned out to be a let the young guys get their reps seasons. There’s gotta be a long hard look at the coaching staff. Yeah I’m beating a dead horse but the question’s gotta be asked what Jimbo is going to do solve the problems on offense. Is it team evaluation at key positions (QB,OL), new hires having first year scheme change issues, the scheme has become outdated?

You’re letting young guys take lumps at all the positions except the most important one. Let Weigman play with these receivers. You can simplify the game plan, let Achane still attempt to carry this team, give your young guys some 50/50 balls and work on their skills and let the defense grow along with you. Instead what you’re seeing is a HC that’s trying forced to play young guys do to lack of veteran depth and injuries and all it’s doing is hindering your mediocre older QBs that will likely never be the real answer at the position anyways. 
 

You play Weigman from here on out and spin the media narrative that you are willing to go 6-6 and let your young team grow, it looks better than going 8-4 or even 7-5 while struggling with a QB that has proven to be competent at another school but In your scheme he still stinks. If this was just King looking bad it’s one thing, but max Johnson showed at lsu he was capable of at least being mediocre. At A&M he looks bad which tells me all I need to know about this team/scheme. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

@WETSU Somebody has got to make Jimbo look hard at bringing in an OC. 4*,5* talent and that’s the best we can do? Ridiculous.

Maybe they already are. Maybe that’s where the WVU response in that interview came from. Perhaps he’s already being pressured behind closed doors right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Another thing I think is this… A&M needs to force Jimbo to hire a real OC. Option A is he does and he can focus on recruiting and Bext year you regroup and see what you can do. Option B it makes him mad and he will leave on his own accord saving you buyout money. Either way something changes and right now change is the most important thing better or worse. I mean quite frankly it doesn’t get much worse offensively. 

I’ve only seen comments on Twitter, but his post game press conference statements would not provide me any optimism as an Aggie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I’ve only seen comments on Twitter, but his post game press conference statements would not provide me any optimism as an Aggie.

Same as always. Execution is the problem. At what point do you admit that execution being poor for 5 straight weeks is more of a coaching thing than a players thing. 
 

I get Mond wasnt “your guy” and you had to piece together an offense for 2-3 years until you groomed your guy. But in year 5 this can’t be what you have at the QB position or the offense as a whole. At this point if execution isn’t working for 5 weeks straight it’s on you and your development/scouting process. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Maybe they already are. Maybe that’s where the WVU response in that interview came from. Perhaps he’s already being pressured behind closed doors right now. 

Maybe so. Everything was supposed to be on the table when searching for answers after the App State loss. You beat 2 top 15 schools but did you feel like the questions were answered? Aggie fans are fixing to find out how big his ego is if he doesn’t consider himself a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Same as always. Execution is the problem. At what point do you admit that execution being poor for 5 straight weeks is more of a coaching thing than a players thing. 
 

I get Mond wasnt “your guy” and you had to piece together an offense for 2-3 years until you groomed your guy. But in year 5 this can’t be what you have at the QB position or the offense as a whole. At this point if execution isn’t working for 5 weeks straight it’s on you and your development/scouting process. 

Maybe I was wrong about Mond. Maybe he was a better QB than we gave him credit for. The offense under him looks might and days different than what we are seeing now.

True freshman QBs are walking in and putting up good numbers as starters. Transfer QBs do the same. Why can’t Jimbo’s system do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Maybe I was wrong about Mond. Maybe he was a better QB than we gave him credit for. The offense under him looks might and days different than what we are seeing now.

True freshman QBs are walking in and putting up good numbers as starters. Transfer QBs do the same. Why can’t Jimbo’s system do that?

Look at the playcalling with Mond. Jimbo trusted the run game and also mond was much better using his legs than these two QBs as well. Mond had limitations as a thrower but his command of the offense was better than what we are seeing right now. Was that his decision making or the playcalling in general? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The TE position has been virtually non existent as well, which is crazy how for 4 years it’s practically the only strength in the passing game and this year it’s gotten like 4 receptions in 5 games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The TE position has been virtually non existent as well, which is crazy how for 4 years it’s practically the only strength in the passing game and this year it’s gotten like 4 receptions in 5 games. 

All spring and summer you heard about the talent at TE. What’s the first thing you see game 1? The converted TE/LT starting at TE. Max Wright has been dinged up. Garza even play? Blake Smith? Green has been the best of the group but he’s not really been targeted. Thor is still green. Jake Johnson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

@WETSU Somebody has got to make Jimbo look hard at bringing in an OC. 4*,5* talent and that’s the best we can do? Ridiculous.

Nah, Jimbo just has a young team.  He’ll get it turned around.  He has won a natty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

You’re letting young guys take lumps at all the positions except the most important one. Let Weigman play with these receivers. You can simplify the game plan, let Achane still attempt to carry this team, give your young guys some 50/50 balls and work on their skills and let the defense grow along with you. Instead what you’re seeing is a HC that’s trying forced to play young guys do to lack of veteran depth and injuries and all it’s doing is hindering your mediocre older QBs that will likely never be the real answer at the position anyways. 
 

You play Weigman from here on out and spin the media narrative that you are willing to go 6-6 and let your young team grow, it looks better than going 8-4 or even 7-5 while struggling with a QB that has proven to be competent at another school but In your scheme he still stinks. If this was just King looking bad it’s one thing, but max Johnson showed at lsu he was capable of at least being mediocre. At A&M he looks bad which tells me all I need to know about this team/scheme. 

What coach in their right mind would tell the media they’re willing to go 6-6????  Certainly not one that’s won a natty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many weeks have we heard this? I’m tired of hearing it. The HC needs to sit down with the OC and figure out why his players can’t execute his scheme. The HC needs to sit down with the play caller and figure out why we can’t convert 3rd downs and inside the red zone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aggies demise began when they cancelled last seasons bowl game under the excuse of covid.

Players knew. Coachs knew

I suspect this did a bunch of psychological damage among the troops.

Hope the ship can be righted soon but may take a wholesale clean out at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

What coach in their right mind would tell the media they’re willing to go 6-6????  Certainly not one that’s won a natty

I didn’t mean that in a literal sense. Im saying play Weigman and it becomes apparent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought this team with this schedule could and should be a 10 win team. That was before we found out our OL can’t block for 💩under the new OL coach. 5 games in and things haven’t improved. Speaking of 💩, is our OC bad because of the QBs or are the QBs bad because of the OC or is it both? Let’s talk defense. Durkin’s defense has 6 sacks which ranks 13th out of 14 SEC schools. How in the heck with that d-line talent? 5 turnovers? This isn’t an aggressive defense. We have a defense sitting back on its heels all game long and an offensive that looks like it was invented by Kirt back in the prehistoric ages.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

So scrap the season 5 games in?

At this point, Yes. A&M is in a position where in 2023 they have a legitimate shot at an sec title. They are the second youngest two deep in the entire country this year based on depth charts listed for each team. 
 

So what you’ve got it a situation where they are going to have some growing pains. Especially on the road. In theory they still have a chance to run the table and make the sec title this season but we know that’s unlikely. My opinion is start preparing for next season by getting the future some reps after the Bama game this week. Go ahead and give Bama your best shot even though it’s probably not going to be enough. Then you have a bye the following week followed by a very winnable South Carolina the week after. I would get through this Bama week with King then hand the reigns over to Weigman so you get two full weeks of starters reps and a manageable opponent for his first game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:
"we moved the ball well. just shot ourselves in the foot. it was execution. certainly not my play calling."
Jimbo Fisher

To be honest he’s not entirely wrong. The plays did work when executed properly. What he’s got to understand is it shouldn’t take perfect execution every single play of every single drive to score a respectable amount of points. Just simplify the offense and take what you can get. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...