👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

15 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It stinks. I don’t know what you do after Bama. Stick with King? Turn the keys over to Weigman?

You start King Saturday and let him do his best. If you start to get behind by more than 20 or if King has a multiple turnover game again you go to Weigman. The thing is once Weigman steps on the field King is only playing another down as an Aggie due to injury. You’re going to have to let Weigman either thrive because he’s that much better or if he’s worse you have to let him get his lumps. Either way you have to figure out what you have in Weigman. A&M hasn’t been able to recruit a QB on this class because the reports from those at practice is Weigman is the clear future. You have to either accept that the future is now or you let him look awful and you bring in another transfer or try to flip a hs kid with the premise that Weigman showed you he can’t be the guy but the guy you’re after can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

It stinks. I don’t know what you do after Bama. Stick with King? Turn the keys over to Weigman?

I've never thought King was a problem. Most of the interceptions he's thrown have been tipped by receivers. He's higher risk/reward, sure, but you kinda need to play that way. Johnson's little "safe" throws that net us 140 yards passing a game won't cut it. 

Though the only person who knows who is ready is Jimbo. 

• Like 1

Maybe the pressures off of King knowing Max isn’t behind him? Maybe things click this week. I think the bye comes at a good time for this team. Regroup. Refocus. Plan out ways you’d like the rest of season to go. Is that finishing the season with King or letting Weigman see what he can do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

These #butthurt aggys  sure love to dish it out ragging on the Longhorns but they sure can't take it when the shoe is on the other foot .... :rofl:

Texas is playing its “real rival” this week and the thread has less post since Sunday than you have in this thread alone. 

After watching HS football last night, have you ever seen a coach that plays against the strengths of his team for the surprise factor but it never works?  That’s been Jimbo this year.  A&M has to build their offense from the run 1st perspective this year.  Everyone fears Achane, show them why.

Watching our defense and I can’t help but wonder why our offense can’t be that dynamic. We saw flashes of the talent from Stewart and Marshall. Achane is a stud. Green could be the next big time TE. The o-line and QB play needs to improve.

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Watching our defense and I can’t help but wonder why our offense can’t be that dynamic. We saw flashes of the talent from Stewart and Marshall. Achane is a stud. Green could be the next big time TE. The o-line and QB play needs to improve.

3 things I think are still hindering A&M right now (two, of which, you already pointed out)

1. QB play 

2. OL

3. Jimbo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You have that reversed. 

Max Johnson had the same issues Haynes is having with pressure. He just decided to throw check downs every play which led to him averaging around 150 yards a game. 

Teams know you don’t have a QB which makes them more aggressive.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Teams know you don’t have a QB which makes them more aggressive.

We have a QB. I don’t think people saw King throw for 360 yards and 3 TDs agains SH and said “Man we can blitz cause they don’t have a QB!” The OL did look bad against SHSU. 

Plus, these are 4 and 5 man rushes that are getting through/pressure.  It isn’t like defenses are bringing 6-7 guys to get home cause there is “no QB threat”. How many A&M games have you watched?

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

We have a QB. I don’t think people saw King throw for 360 yards and 3 TDs agains SH and said “Man we can blitz cause they don’t have a QB!” The OL did look bad against SHSU. 

Plus, these are 4 and 5 man rushes that are getting through/pressure.  It isn’t like defenses are bringing 6-7 guys to get home cause there is “no QB threat”. How many A&M games have you watched?

Miami

Arkansas

Miss State 

Alabama

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Miami

Arkansas

Miss State 

Alabama

So 3 games of Max Johnson and 1 with Haynes against the best team in the country. Okay. 

Trust me, the line is a far bigger issue than QB. Not saying QB is perfect, but I think it’s cause and effect. Four and five- man rushes get home. That’s not DCs saying “We can be aggressive!” It’s the line getting cut through like butter. Hard to play QB when you’re running for your life. Max Johnson was effective last year. Wasn’t this year. I think it’s a combination of not having as good a line and a system that doesn’t use him properly. You’re 100% right about that. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

So 3 games of Max Johnson and 1 with Haynes against the best team in the country. Okay. 

Trust me, the line is a far bigger issue than QB. Not saying QB is perfect, but I think it’s cause and effect. Four and five- man rushes get home. That’s not DCs saying “We can be aggressive!” It’s the line getting cut through like butter. Hard to play QB when you’re running for your life. Max Johnson was effective last year. Wasn’t this year. I think it’s a combination of not having as good a line and a system that doesn’t use him properly. You’re 100% right about that. 

Maybe Jimbo can convert a couple of the DL he has recruited. I just don’t see all of them hanging around. Sure they want rest so they can stay fresh, but they also want to play… A lot!

• Mr. P locked this topic