👍🏻2022 Texas A&M Aggies Thread👍🏻

Stoney

6 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Maybe Jimbo can convert a couple of the DL he has recruited. I just don’t see all of them hanging around. Sure they want rest so they can stay fresh, but they also want to play… A lot!

Ugh yeah. The transfer portal is scary. Tons of elite DL but not enough playing time to go around. 

LT- Trey Zuhn RS freshman/ Aki RS sophomore?

LG- Aki/Moko/Wykoff/Dewberry

C- Foster/ Wykoff

RG- Layden Robinson

RT- Fatheree

The o-line has had revolving pieces all year long. We’ve played 4 guys at LG. It looks like our center is hurt. Zuhn sat and Aki had to start. I’m not sold that Aki is a starting SEC lineman yet. Robinson and Fatheree have slipped a little from last years play. We have a converted TE/OT/TE in Crownover and PJ Williams isnt close to being a starter.  O-line recruiting has been a mixed bag. Jimbo tried the portal last year and wound with Jahmir Johnson. We looked at Miles Frazier in this years portal. Maybe it’s a year of growing pains with young guys learning to play with each other. Maybe it’s that simple. 

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

LT- Trey Zuhn RS freshman/ Aki RS sophomore?

LG- Aki/Moko/Wykoff/Dewberry

C- Foster/ Wykoff

RG- Layden Robinson

RT- Fatheree

The o-line has had revolving pieces all year long. We’ve played 4 guys at LG. It looks like our center is hurt. Zuhn sat and Aki had to start. I’m not sold that Aki is a starting SEC lineman yet. Robinson and Fatheree have slipped a little from last years play. We have a converted TE/OT/TE in Crownover and PJ Williams isnt close to being a starter.  O-line recruiting has been a mixed bag. Jimbo tried the portal last year and wound with Jahmir Johnson. We looked at Miles Frazier in this years portal. Maybe it’s a year of growing pains with young guys learning to play with each other. Maybe it’s that simple. 

Yeeahhh the 2020 team even tooka few games to really "gel". This unit has been shifted around a lot and hasn't really found their rhythm, sadly. 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:55 PM, Stoney said:

Maybe the pressures off of King knowing Max isn’t behind him? Maybe things click this week. I think the bye comes at a good time for this team. Regroup. Refocus. Plan out ways you’d like the rest of season to go. Is that finishing the season with King or letting Weigman see what he can do.

King will get 2 more games. If they lose either Weigman will be coming in. I don't think they will give up Weighman's redshirt eligibility having 3 loses already this season. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ugh yeah. The transfer portal is scary. Tons of elite DL but not enough playing time to go around. 

The dline players getting plenty of reps. I honestly don’t think any of them are portal candidates right now. The only one not getting meaningful reps is GBD and he’s been hurt. They all committed and understand the value of fresh quality reps vs snaps played. They have all gotten a lot of opportunities. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

The dline players getting plenty of reps. I honestly don’t think any of them are portal candidates right now. The only one not getting meaningful reps is GBD and he’s been hurt. They all committed and understand the value of fresh quality reps vs snaps played. They have all gotten a lot of opportunities. 

Evan Stewart would have been my prediction. Hopefully enough has been done to show he’s got a important role in this offense.

28 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Anybody voting for Texas in the SDC top 10 poll shouldn’t make suggestions about other peoples rankings.

Especially putting them above an undefeated team that already beat them in Austin lol 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Anybody voting for Texas in the SDC top 10 poll shouldn’t make suggestions about other peoples rankings.

Texas, at full strength, is better than Alabama, at full strength ... they would beat a few other "top 10" teams as well ....

Y'all are only holding onto Jumbo because you had to mortgage the aggy's future to sign him and you can’t afford to fire his prehistoric ... image.png

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Cut kirt some slack.  He's picked Cowboys to lose four weeks in a row.  Past month been rough for the man.

Not only that, he has absolutely nothing going on in his life. 

If I'm in my late 60s and my only hobby is to troll message boards, I'm seriously going to take a look back and wonder where I went wrong. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not only that, he has absolutely nothing going on in his life. 

If I'm in my late 60s and my only hobby is to troll message boards, I'm seriously going to take a look back and wonder where I went wrong. 

LOL ... you aggy trolls really can't take it ....

Old Longhorn with a bunch of punk aggys ...

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Forgive Kirt. He's senile and lost his mind. And has nobody to care for him. Must be his winning personality. 

I don’t think that he realizes just how bad that OU team is right now. Not that Texas isn’t improved because they are. Texas is easily a solid top 25 team. I want to hold of on calling them top 10 caliber until they play Oklahoma st. That three game of stretch of OSU, KSU and TCU will tell us where Texas is as a program. I get the hurt QB situation puts a lot of what if on the season, but now that’s he’s back let’s give them a few games. To the Texas fans reading this I don’t mean that disrespectfully, I’ve just seen this song and dance for a decade where Texas will look really really good for 2-3 consecutive weeks and then lay an egg or two. Rinse and repeat. Just enjoy that you guys can score consistently and let the hype build at a natural pace. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think that he realizes just how bad that OU team is right now. Not that Texas isn’t improved because they are. Texas is easily a solid top 25 team. I want to hold of on calling them top 10 caliber until they play Oklahoma st. That three game of stretch of OSU, KSU and TCU will tell us where Texas is as a program. I get the hurt QB situation puts a lot of what if on the season, but now that’s he’s back let’s give them a few games. To the Texas fans reading this I don’t mean that disrespectfully, I’ve just seen this song and dance for a decade where Texas will look really really good for 2-3 consecutive weeks and then lay an egg or two. Rinse and repeat. Just enjoy that you guys can score consistently and let the hype build at a natural pace. 

I agree with this. It is ironic that three weeks ago it was K. State knocks off #6 OU, then TCU pulls the upset over OU, and now OU is just horrible. Obviously their QB out was huge, but we could have scored 77 if we wanted IMO. The scary thing is Texas' next 5 games could go 5-0 or 2-3. The BIg XII is a much stronger conference this year top to bottom. Unless OSU runs the table, no one makes the playoff from this conference.

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Love keeping you aggy trolls rocking and rolling ... keep it going boys .... this is fun ..... :rofl:

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

I agree with this. It is ironic that three weeks ago it was K. State knocks off #6 OU, then TCU pulls the upset over OU, and now OU is just horrible. Obviously their QB out was huge, but we could have scored 77 if we wanted IMO. The scary thing is Texas' next 5 games could go 5-0 or 2-3. The BIg XII is a much stronger conference this year top to bottom. Unless OSU runs the table, no one makes the playoff from this conference.

I think OSU is on upset alert vs TCU this week. 

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Agreed idk if it was just OU was just masking it very well or what, but they were flat out bad Saturday. I don’t mean the kind of bad that playing a better team can make you look. I’m talking like the kind of bad where you wonder if half the team didn’t quit and they just replaced them with guys from the stands bad. Even the playcalling was like something that you draw up on Saturday morning to a bunch of players you called up the night before. There was no game plan, no energy, no “it’s my rival we are at least going to play hard even if we suck.” None of that. They just laid down and took whatever Texas wanted to give them. Like you said, 77-0 was within reach if Texas wanted it. 

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Love keeping you aggy trolls rocking and rolling ... keep it going boys .... this is fun ..... :rofl:

We know you pretend that you're having fun. But your little crying here all the time speaks for itself. We know that nobody cares to be around you any more so you're relegated to coming here to troll. But  who can blame them? It'll be okay, bud. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball

• Mr. P locked this topic